Start by marking “Entering the Now” as Want to Read:
Entering the Now

Entering the Now

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  142 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
A walk in nature. A personal crisis. A moment of laughter. These can all serve as portals that lead us to the depth and wonder of the Now.

Bestselling author Eckhart Tolle has captivated nearly a million readers with his lessons on discovering the profound state of being he calls presence. On "Entering the Now," an all-new title in the Power of Now teaching series, this rem
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published September 1st 2003 by Sounds True (first published 2003)

Tim
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book/lecture about portals to the present. I find his work relevant and useful for seeking an examined life, one of abundance, amazement, and awe. What one achieves (on occasions, at least) are moments full of sublime and true joy/contentment/happiness. I appreciate Tolle's suggestion that these portals are for the taking, not to be "learned" or "studied" or "mastered", but practiced and exercised right now, right here, wherever you are in your journey. I see Tolle as not a w ...more
Lynne-marie
Apr 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Claudia
Sep 07, 2008 rated it liked it
A little cheesy and simple at times but it was kind of like a gentle grandfather reminding me that this is it, this IS life, live it, enjoy it NOW. I'm kind of a compulsive planner so it's good to remind myself of these principles. I'm surprised at what a positive effect this book has had on me. I recommend it if you're caught in the, life is good but life will be perfect when ...pattern. Or if you see yourself as an existentialist but wish to get rid of the part that depresses you.
Marion
Feb 02, 2009 rated it liked it
I listened to this on audio. I'm glad I listened to it, but am not sure if I'm evolved enough to fully appreciate all the author/narrator has to say. I will try to keep an open mind and an awareness of his premise, though.
Jari Latvala
Sep 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
We're often too worried about the thoughts of ourselves - not really about ourselves.
Kevin Summers
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
Sample quote: "Perhaps ... the most simple thing is to remember the 'yes,' the possibility of the 'yes' to this moment that takes you out of the story into now."
Julianne Larsen
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't get enough of Eckhart Tolle material. He has a very soothing voice and quirky laugh. The power of now really is powerful.
Bean Gepner
  • Meditation: Achieving Inner Peace and Tranquility In Your Life
  • Energy Anatomy [With Study Guide]
  • The Dhammapada for Awakening: A Commentary on Buddha's Practical Wisdom
  • Your Body Is Your Subconscious Mind
  • Beyond Anger: How to Hold On to Your Heart and Your Humanity in the Midst of Injustice
  • The Yoga of Power: Tantra, Shakti, and the Secret Way
  • Deep Meditation - Pathway to Personal Freedom (AYP Enlightenment Series Book 1)
  • 101 Ways to Transform Your Life
  • The Now Effect: How a Mindful Moment Can Change the Rest of Your Life
  • 101 Power Thoughts
  • Rites and Symbols of Initiation
  • Unconditional Confidence: Instructions for Meeting Any Experience with Trust and Courage
  • Our Appointment with Life: Discourse on Living Happily in the Present Moment
  • Awakening to the Spirit World: The Shamanic Path of Direct Revelation
  • The Key: The Missing Secret for Attracting Anything You Want
  • Out of Your Mind
Eckhart Tolle , born Ulrich Leonard Tolle, February 16, 1948, is a German-born writer, public speaker, and spiritual teacher. The New York Times has called him "the most popular spiritual author in the nation". He is the author of the bestsellers "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth".
Tolle had an unhappy childhood in Germany and Spain. His depression reached its peak during early adulthood in Engla
More about Eckhart Tolle

• Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood
    $10.74 $2.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99