Start by marking “Glenn Piano by Gladys Priddis” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Glenn Piano by Gladys ...

Jason Dickson

Glenn Piano by Gladys Priddis

In a time before time began, one woman will dare the boundaries between madness and sanity to find the lost love that so ever has eluded her. Terror. Duplication. History seen as it has never before. Bookthug presents GLENN PIANO BY GLADYS PRIDDIS, a high octane thrill ride of confession and crime, told as only wunderkind Jason Dickson could tell it THROUGH A LOCAL HISTORY ...more
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about Glenn Piano by Gladys Priddis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glenn Piano by Gladys Priddis

Start your review of Glenn Piano by Gladys Priddis
Andrew Weiss
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dickson’s work deals primarily with haunting — not horror, mind you, and not ghosts exactly (though his book Clearance does deal with ghosts more directly), but the feeling of being haunted, the strange ache and longing for something that never quite fully appears and yet somehow remains.

“Glenn Piano” evokes a surprising range of emotions, too, in this haunting kind of way — from wistful and beautiful lines written by his character Gladys Priddis, loving hand-written missives sent to the titular
Nick
I was a bit hesitant to pick it up when it was described to me as a novella, but I'm glad I did as I don't think that description does the book justice.

To me the core of the book is it's poetry - the poetry of Gladdys Priddis - or the poetry of Dickson framed by the story. In this way Dickson's managed to wax poetic with sentimentality, but indirectly, and the results are wonderful.
Nick

Amanda
Jul 07, 2010 added it
Shelves: fiction
i enjoyed this book very much. short, compelling and eccentric. from Book Thug's Department of Narrative Studies.
Vanessa Brown
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's not long, but very absorbing. Set yourself aside a moody evening to indulge in it. The narrative moves along just like the current of the river.
Steve
Oct 30, 2019
Chris
Dec 02, 2015
Jason
Mar 26, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Aimee

• The Doll Funeral
  • Pure
  • A City Inside
  • Water Sings Blue: Ocean Poems
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Hello to a Better Body!: Weight Loss and Fitness for Women Over 50
Jason Dickson has been a used and antiquarian bookseller for the last twenty years. His column The Antiquarium appears regularly in Canadian Notes and Queries (CNQ). His book London: 150 Cultural Moments (written with Vanessa Brown) was published by Biblioasis in 2017. Three of his other books (spooky literary ghost stories) were published by Bookthug. His latest title, Raw, about artist Michael B ...more

News & Interviews