Start by marking “Wacky Wednesday” as Want to Read:
Wacky Wednesday

Wacky Wednesday

Illus. in full color. A baffled youngster awakens one morning to find
everything's out of place, but no one seems to notice! Beginning readers will
have fun discovering all the wacky things wrong on each page while sharpening
their ability to observe, as well as to read.
Published September 12th 1974 by Random House Books for Young Readers

Start your review of Wacky Wednesday
Archit Ojha
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
I'm always up for reading a Dr. Seuss book. When a little boy wakes up on a Wednesday, he figures out that everything around him has turned upside down, inside out and completely back to front. Nobody seems to recognize the change. Now it is upon the boy to discover the abnormalities and deal with it by himself. Because clearly, nobody's helping him.

Simple, lucid and enjoyable.

One of my favorites.
Marlene
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Wacky Wednesday by Dr. Seuss is one of my kids' favorite Dr. Seuss books. They are ALWAYS excited to read it. It's a whole book full of "What's wrong with this picture?" pages. There is a plot - a child wakes up noticing a shoe on a wall, and the entire Wacky Wednesday proceeds with many, many things wrong all day long. Until bedtime when things were righted, and "I even got rid of that shoe on the wall."

6/26/19 update: Theo LeSieg and Dr. Seuss are both pseudonyms for Theodor Seuss Geisel.
Meags
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

This was one of my favourite picture books when I was a beginner reader.

In classic Dr. Seuss style this story is simplistic and fun, with illustrations that work directly alongside the story, requiring the reader to spot all the wacky things wrong in each picture.

It all began with that shoe on the wall. A shoe on a wall....? Shouldn't be there at all."
Darcy
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: baby-h-books
This book says it's by Dr. Seuss but it's ACTUALLY by some other guy! Underwhelming. I was barely even whelmed at all. Afterward my dad gave me this speech about how even if a book isn't our favorite we can always learn something from it. NERD ALERT. -M
David Sarkies
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everybody
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: childrens
An ode to a really strange day
12 February 2012

This is probably my favourite Dr Seuss book, having I read it many a time when I was a kid. I guess the reason for that was because it was one of those books that you didn't just read, but actively participated in it as well. On every page there were things out of the ordinary, and you, the reader, were to try and find as many of these 'Wacky' things as possible. I must also admit that I have not read it in a while, and I suspect that with my rather
Brooke Wagner
Mar 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Wacky Wednesday is an "I Can Read It All By Myself Beginner Book". It looks like a Dr. Suess book but is actually a book for beginner readers by Theo. LeSieg and Illustrated by George Booth that won a Dr. Seuss award. The story is of a little boy who is having a "wacky Wednesday" and everywhere he goes has something wrong.

This book is not only for the purpose of improving a child's reading skills it is also an activity book. Each page has hidden objects that are "wacky". This keeps children
Jason
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-cass
I thought this was gonna be one of Dr. Seuss's short books, one that might be a bit dull. The rhyming is basic and the story is short but it was really good fun, a sort of play on a spot-the-difference puzzle. You look at the page and have to find all the odd things, teachers in roll skates, somebody walking a crocodile or chimneys in trees. It took us a while but we managed to find them all, a good puzzle book to do with your kids.
Nouruddine
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
"wacky Wednesday was gone
When I counted them all."
Nagisa Furukawa
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
By cracky! Something here's wacky! ;)
Dawn C.
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
I remembered reading this book as a child and to re-read it was fun. The story has puzzles that you have to find which increases the interest of the plot.
Ddiingding Lul
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I love this book read it check out my music.ly miss.helfie follow me
Danette
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Julia has fun looking for all the wacky stuff.
11/12/19 Read with Julia
Amara
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
It's like....Where's Waldo mixed with I Spy mixed with Hidden Pictures in Highlights magazine. Super cute book.
Hannah Paster
From my own memories reading literature as a child, without a shadow of a doubt, "Wacky Wednesday" was in my main library; out of all of Seuss' classics even over "Cat In The Hat", it was this (published under Theo. LeSiege) "I Spy"-almost style book, the tale of a blonde haired boy counting all of the "wacky" and unexplainable things he could find to appear a Wednesday, that captured my attention. Almost too like an alphabet book, "Wacky Wednesday" propels it's readers along and educates them ...more
Tracy Poff
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
WackyWednesday-cover
It all began with that shoe on the wall. A shoe on a wall . . . ? Shouldn't be there at all!

Then I looked up. And I said, "Oh, MAN!"

And that's how Wacky Wednesday began.

Dr. Seuss both wrote and illustrated his most famous works, but he did create a few books illustrated by others, usually using a pseudonym. He wrote Wacky Wednesday under the name Theo. LeSieg--his own name, Theodore Geisel, turned around. It was illustrated by George Booth.

Wacky Wednesday tells of one Wednesday when everything
Bridget
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We've all had them. Those days that just seem to be crazy and wacky. Those days that you just want to go get back in bed and not get back up again until the next day.

Well, this little children's book puts a funny little twist to those days. It makes learning to count fun and funny! Some of the people around him make him feel like he is the crazy one, then he comes across someone who helps him out and let's him know he isn't quite as crazy as people try to make him out to be.

Oh such is Life!
Ann
Another childhood favorite! These illustrations fascinated me as a kid, and they still do!

This book is a "what's wrong with this picture" story, where each page showcases a number of things that are wrong (chairs with missing legs, strollers with feet instead of wheels). And the reader has to find them all.

The rhymes are fun and the pictures a hoot! I would love it if there were an answer key in the back, but sadly there's not. Still, this made a huge impression on me as a kid, and looking back
Jill
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
We love dr Seuss in our house and this one is no exception. Its wacky and fun and the kids have a ball searching for and finding all the things wrong with the illustrations ! ...more
Emkoshka
I saved this one to read on a Wednesday and found it a lot of fun to pick out the wacky things on each page. My favourites were the many weird and wacky things you can do to a pram and its baby occupants.
Cathy
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My 4-year-old loved this book! She loved looking for the wacky things on every page, and she giggled through the whole thing.
Sarah Sammis
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pc, read-in-2013
The edition we have only lists Theo. LeSieg as author. The Dr. Seuss editions are newer.

Mohammed Algarawi
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Morale of the story: Kids, don't smoke weed!
Eric
Dec 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood
Surrealism for Beginners. My babysitters must have become so sick of reading this with me.
Sara
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Wacky Wednesday was written by Theodor Seuss Geisel under the pseudonym Theo LeSieg (Geisel backwards) in 1974. In this book, the narrator is a little girl who wakes up one morning in her own house to find a wacky occurrence. As the story proceeds, the number of wacky occurrences increases on every page, and soon the reader is engaged in finding and counting the wacky items on the double page spreads. The illustrations for this book are different from those created by Dr. Seuss because this book ...more
FM Family
Mar 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Was looking for (no pun intended) a bunch of search and find books to entertain my 2.5 year old on a flight and saw recommendations for this one. It was solidly ok. On the pro side, it did occupy her attention, and gave us a few instances of her saying what is this, wacky Wednesday? when funny things happened. But some of the wacky things were too hard to pick up on them, like when theres two tigers at the school, is that two separate things? Overall the book gave me a sort of Through the ...more
Hope Kim
Wacky Wednesday is a story where things arent as they should be on a Wednesday. It all starts with a shoe on the wall and one on the ceiling. More wacky things start to occur as our narrator goes throughout the day. This story is humorous and engaging for young children. The wacky things that happen are so strange that readers will get a kick out it. The story is engaging because it is interactive. The narrator counts how many wacky things happen which allows the audience to look at the ...more
Lynn
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Part of my children's literature reading project.
Illustrated by George Booth, one of my all-time favorite cartoonists.
In this case maybe not such a great things.
Ted Geisel draws quite well himself, and his classic books lack nothing in that regard that I've noticed.
I'm sure this book is fine for reading to children, particularly being interactive.
But perhaps not one of the author's prime products.
Won't be buying this one for my grandson.
Suzie
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It took me forever to find this book since it was in the early reader section of our library, and not with all of the other Dr. Seuss books. Now I finally know what all the hype is about this book and why Derek's preschool and kindergarten classes were obsessed with Wacky Wednesday! This is such a fun book to read, with all of the crazy pictures, and the counting exercises throughout were a bonus!
Ashley Lambert-Maberly
Fun but inconsequential, similar to Where's Waldo or Dutch zoekboeks. Good for practicing spotting anomalies and counting with youngsters.

(Note: 5 stars = amazing, wonderful, 4 = very good book, 3 = decent read, 2 = disappointing, 1 = awful, just awful. I'm fairly good at picking for myself so end up with a lot of 4s).
Marina
Feb 04, 2020 added it
i think im not gonna rate this one, im not a part of the target demographic after all 👼 and it was way too short to give any kind of rating, so ill just log it in and go 💃

still it was so fun to figure out all the wacky things in the pictures! i just got served 15 minutes of fun 🙌 my last two brain cells got worn out after all this exasperation 🤯
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• I Am Not Going to Get up Today!
  • Because a Little Bug Went Ka-choo!
  • There's a Wocket in My Pocket!
  • Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!
  • Hop On Pop
  • Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!
  • Scrambled Eggs Super!
  • The Foot Book: Dr. Seuss's Wacky Book of Opposites
  • Fox in Socks
  • Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb
  • Great Day for Up
  • I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
  • Oh Say Can You Say?
  • Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
  • The Digging-est Dog
  • A Fly Went By
  • Go, Dog. Go!
Alternate pen name for Dr. Seuss.