Start by marking “Lucky in Love (Lucky, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lucky in Love (Lucky, #1)

Lucky in Love

(Lucky #1)

Book 1 of the Lucky trilogy

From New York Times and USA Today-bestselling author Carolyn Brown comes a contemporary Western romance filled to the brim with sexy cowboys, gutsy heroines, and genuine down-home Texas twang.

Beau Luckadeau has always been lucky at cards, lucky with cattle, and lucky with land, but he's never been lucky in love...

Everything this hunky rancher

Published September 1st 2009 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lucky in Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky in Love

Auntee
Aug 16, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of a 'clean' romance with a western theme
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

It was a cute but at times boring story. Millie was selfish and just irked me the wrong way, and Beau was just way "too goody shoes" for me.

Millie had a one night stand with Beau 2 years ago, she had his baby.. Now she is back, she has run into him, he has no idea who she is, he has held his own baby (which is supposed to be an exact replica of him) and he even commented on the baby's eyes which are the same color as his but it has yet to hit him that the baby is his?!? What are they feeding him
Alexandria Tale
Definitely not my cup of tea. I apologize if I offend anyone, but it is just my honest thought.

For me, the book was so boring, I even skipped it up. The idea was good, I was tempted by the summary, but I was greatly disappointed by the outcome. The writing style was really confusing, and there were lots of plot hole. One time, Beau didn't remember Amanda, but he remembered Milli. What kind of amnesia was that? Or was there no amnesia at all? But then, why did he not recognize his own fiancee? Wh
Cheryl
Aug 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anthony “Lucky" Luckadeau is a rancher. He owns the Bar M ranch. Some people would call him lucky. He wasn’t born ranching but he has done well for himself so far. Though he may be lucky, he is not lucky when it comes to love. Beau thinks it is about time he settles down and starts a family. He plans to pop the question to Amanda, a schoolteacher that he has been dating for some time.

Jim Torres’s ranch, The Lazy Z, neighbor’s the Bar M. He had an accident and is recovering but needs help on the
Season
Jan 16, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this book at all. I think the story itself has potential, but the writing was horrible. Had to skim through the book just to get to the end, and even that took almost too much effort.
Sophia
May 20, 2019 marked it as dnf-set-aside-for-later
DNF 10%

This is one that I've had on the shelf for many years, but it was a matter of when not if. I love the author's writing, her fun and heartwarming down home country charm romances. There are many on her back list that I still have left to read so I chose to start the first of the Lucky series.

Normally, I wait a bit longer before I call it quits on a story, but there are one or two elements that I won't read in a romance book because I rarely enjoy the story. It's actually a pretty scalding
Holly
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Milli is betrayed by her fiance, finds his cheating while she has been saving herself for him. She heads to her friend's wedding shortly after determined to get back at him. Milli runs into Beau, who is obviously much more inebriated than she is. Milli heads to his trailer with him for a night of love making that makes her see stars, still she leaves in the middle of the night. 2 years later Milli's grandfather has hip surgery and needs help on his ranch, so she heads there with her daughter Kat ...more
Jun 16, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I have read rave reviews of this author and her cowboy romances. Gotta tell you though, I didn't get any real romance feelings out of this book. The heroine, Milli, seems like she has a mental disease. One minute she's angry, the next she's in love, the next she doen't know what to feel. The hero, Beau, calls her a bitch several times, and it just didn't feel right. I didn't feel any chemistry between ANY of the characters, let alone the two who are suppose to be falling in love. Guess it ...more
Carol Risez
Oct 02, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A 30-minute story in a 275-page book. Writing was too repetitive, too folksy and trite. Story was a bit thin. I kept threatening to put it down as a DNF, but soldiered on. How many millionaire ranchers go around spitting out "aw, shucks" and "ain't" on almost every page. I'll stop now. You have probably figured out that I don't recommend this book!
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Not really my thing because of all the metaphors and general silliness, but probably good if you like this sort of thing.
Bernie
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lucky in Love review

Lucky in Love is a sweet and funny romance written by author Carolyn Brown. The characters and storyline are wonderful.
Robin Reynolds / October Woman
I just realized I never posted a review of this book, and now it's been over a week since I finished it I don't really remember what I planned to say about it. But I really enjoyed it, and I very much liked Beau. And I think the cover is my favorite cover of all Ms. Brown 's books that I've read so far!
soriya
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been suffering from a drama withdrawal and was looking for some distractions when I saw this book under a recommendation here after rating a few other novellas I've manged to finished before this.

What got me interested was the actually the third book in the series, but since I don't like starting a series out of its place, I decided I like the plot of this one enough to give it a try.

The pacing was a little slow for me. I hoped the story picked up, but it was pretty steady throughout. What
 Mummy Cat Claire
I got this ebook free from Amazon.
This book had a pretty good beginning. Struggling single mom disturbed by her past, meets a dense headed guy who is good looking.
The writing was okay but as the book went on it got progressively worse. The language between the characters was incredibly cheesy. No one talks like that. They started to sound like twelve year olds forcing swear words into conversation to sound cool. Lame. And If I ever see the word Darlin' again, I'm gonna pull my hair out. Freakin
Barbara ★
For the last two years Beau Luckadeau has been dreaming of a black-haired angel who he's sure he met and had a romantic encounter with but everyone tells him he dreamed it during a drunken binge. Turns out he wasn't dreaming after all. Milli Torres has returned to her grandfather's Oklahoma ranch and literally stumbles upon Beau who promptly accuses her of cutting his fence and letting his prize bull out. The sparks literally fly between them but Beau doesn't remember her at all.

This is a fun r
drey
I'll be honest and admit that this wasn't one of my first picks when presented with the list from Sourcebooks. Cowboys aren't really my "thing"... But after reading Carolyn Brown's writing, I couldn't wait to pick up the next Lucky book. Good thing that was in my TBR pile already!

Milli is sassy. Just like I like 'em. Surprise, surprise! She also has a secret, one that she can't tell Beau. Who happens to be stubborn. And cranky. Perfect for the repartee that just rolls off the pages in this enter
Elle
This is tricky for me to review and rate because I liked the hero and I liked the setting. The reverse romance was an interesting premise. Buuuut I never finished the story and doubt I'll ever return. For some reason, at 81% it has completely lost its appeal and I just no longer care about the story or the characters. I get it and I'm ready to move on.

I might try another book from the series in the future but I'm in no rush. This might have something to do with the length of this novel (it seem
Fedora
May 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have a weakness for cowboy romance. Unfortunately this wasn't my favorite out of the three. There were a lot of mistakes and rambling. When someone would talk they'd get everything out about three different subjects and be done. It was really annoying. Although I like Millie. The heroines are all strong, hard working women including their female family members. You don't see that often.
Maria
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
A VERY light read and not exactly what I was expecting after Magnolia Inn. Still, it was fun, so I will continue to try a selection of books that Ms Brown has written and will finish this Lucky series at least. I don't need more heavy reading at the moment anyway. The characters are interesting, although I can't say I always understood them or their actions. It did make me wonder about idiomatic ways of speaking. Some people claim that they don't have the accent of their parents due to listening ...more
Bonnie
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucky In Love by Carol Brown is number one of Lucky series. Two years ago Beau Luckadeau has a one night stand with spitfire Milli Torres. They had both just broke up with someone. Beau had too much to drink. He can remember some things about that night. Now Milli is back living with her grandparents for the summer. Beau doesn't recognize her, because use used a different name two years ago. Then she shows up at a dance wearing the dress she wore that night two years ago. Now Beau knows who she ...more
Michelle
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really love contemporary cowboy romances but unfortunately something about Carolyn Brown's romances just don't do it for me. There's just something about the writing style, the conversation pattern that just doesn't sit well with me. I've tried a number of her books and even though I've finished them, I tend to not find a connection between the hero and heroine. This is a second chance/secret baby romance, tropes I normally love, but I never really felt a connection between Beau and Milli. It' ...more
Lori
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! Carolyn Brown is an amazing author who draws you into the story and makes you feel a part of it. Milli and Beau had a one night stand a few years back. Now two years later Milli shows up at her Grandparent's ranch to help out for the summer. Low and behold, Beau owns the ranch right across from her Grandparent's! Milli has a secret. What a fun story filled with sassy banter and quick witted humor!
Gail
If I hadn't previously read some Carolyn Brown books and loved, really enjoyed, them I would have come to a crashing halt with this one. I couldn't believe this was the same author. I couldn't warm up to any of the characters except for the little girl, and the plot was nothing special. I have the two remaining books in this trilogy and I'm holding out hope they will be much better. There was just something in LUCKY IN LOVE that remained completely off-kilter for me.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Beau Luckadeau and Milli Torres have a history but Beau does not remember what that history is. This is a second chance story full of humor and romance. It was fun watching Beau make a very big mistake with his love life. Also fun seeing Millie get the better of him time after time. A fun story that was also fun to listen too. I like Brian Hutchinson's voice when he reads an audio book.
Cynthia Houser
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lucky in Love

I enjoyed this book very much. Carolyn writes a fabulous story with engaging characters. You will want to go live on the ranch. Carolyn 's descriptions make it easy to visualize the scenes.
Mellissa Hewitt
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I don't recall how I came about choosing this book but I'm so glad I did! Carolyn Brown is an awesome author. I thought several times "Ok, wonderful ending!" But it wasn't. I seriously doubt that Millie and Beau's spark will ever go out.
Marianne Lowe
I love cowboy romances, but several times I was confused as to who was talking and about what. I liked the characters and their personalities, but struggled with the 2 of them together. It just didn't work for me.
Jane
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: carolyn-brown
A great cowboy romance from author, Carolyn Brown. Those Luckadeau men will really make your heart beat faster. Lucky in Love is Beau's story and it will touch your heart. I loved every minute of this book and hated for it to end. Never hesitate to pick up a book by this author.
Valerie
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Everything I have read from Carolyn Brown is great! Love her! Loved the characters and the story! Can't wait to read more from her!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Cowboy Trouble
  • Bridleton
  • Going Cowboy Crazy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #1)
  • Taken by the Cowboy
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • Montana Legacy (McCords, #1)
  • Roped
  • Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)
  • SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)
  • Trick My Truck But Don't Mess With My Heart
  • Cowboy Up
  • Once Upon a Fling (Be-Wished, #1)
  • Nothing But Trouble
  • A Tall Dark Cowboy
  • The Cowboy (Bitter Creek #1)
  • Unbridled
  • My Big Old Texas Heartache (Cedar Dell, #1)
  • Eagle's Run (Texas Passions, #1)
Hi! I'm twenty five years old and movie star gorgeous. The camera added thirty plus years and a few wrinkles. Can't trust those cameras or mirrors either. Along with bathroom scales they are notorious liars! Honestly, I am the mother of three fantastic grown children who've made me laugh and given me more story ideas than I could ever write. My husband, Charles, is my strongest supporter and my be ...more

Lucky (3 books)
  • One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)
  • Getting Lucky (Lucky, #3)
“I didn't ask you if you loved him. I asked you if you liked him. Love is important but like is the more important. If you don't like him, all the love in the world can't make you have a good relationship.” 35 likes
“Any kid what begs for a whippin' can find one.” 6 likes