Start by marking “Beautiful in God's Eyes” as Want to Read:
Beautiful in God's Eyes

Beautiful in God's Eyes

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  850 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
"Beautiful in God's Eyes" (more than 200,000 sold) has a brand-new cover and fresh inside look! Guiding women through Proverbs 31, beloved Bible teacher Elizabeth George shows how God defines beauty and reveals how His "plan for success" is totally achievable.

Insightful and practical, this book reveals how women can make each day meaningful and delight in what God accompli
Published March 1st 2005 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful in God's Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful in God's Eyes

IrenesBookReviews
This book is a must read for all woman! Author Elizabeth George has written an enlightening interpretation of the Proverbs 31 woman. Reading this book will encourage you in your every day life as a Christian woman.

Beginning with verse 10 of Proverbs 31 the author takes each verse and applies it to your life today. Some of the chapter titles include, A Spring of Goodness--Her Mission, An Eager Attitude—Her Work, and The Law of Kindness—Her Words. There are a total of twenty-four uplifting chapter
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful book that kept me thinking. I always come away blessed by Elizabeth George.
Olivia
All you need to know about the Proverbs 31 woman. This is an extensive study of a woman who feared God and cared for her household and family. It is convicting and I have to admit I felt overwhelmed after reading this. None of these things can be accomplished unless God is foremost in our lives. Along with this book is a study guide for each chapter which I find quite helpful.
Shiffra
Jan 22, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book to dig in deeper to the Proverbs 31 woman. I did my own study in addition to this book and between the two, it was amazing!
Taryn
Feb 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the next best book to A Woman After Gods Own Heart...also a great book about how a woman should conduct herself.

Again ELizabeth George shares the truth gently but firmly.
Bree
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bree by: breeze80@gmail.com
This book is totally amazing. A couple friends and I read this through the summer and met weekly {for the most part} to discuss the book and life.

Mrs. George is sugary sweet in her writing and at some point I think I may have called her a Robot. But her writing is amazing. It's like she's writing you a letter and you are her closest friend. She totally lets her difficulties to attain the "Proverbs 31 Woman" status show. She hits it straight on many points about why you'll struggle and encourage
Stephanie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to receive a free digital ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I both loved and hated this book. I loved it because Elizabeth George clearly laid out what a "proverbs 31" woman should look like. I hated it for the same reason. Studying the Proverbs 31 woman exposed some real weaknesses in my life as a wife and mother that I did not care to change. It is not comfortable when the Holy Spirit reveals areas that you are weak in. However, Elizabet
Carol
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful in GOD's Eyes is a smart book. It is about becoming the beautiful woman GOD wants you to be as he outlined in Proverbs 31. He had the mother of the King when he was younger described to him what a beautiful woman should be and what have her like GOD's beautiful woman is:
Pure
Industrious
Thrifty
Strong in Character
Wise
A powerful body
She works willingly with her hands
These willing hands work the vineyards
She nurses the needed
She weaves the clothes for her family's clothes
Never idle, watches
Michelle Castaneda
What does it mean to be beautiful? Our culture defines beauty in many different ways and it can be very confusing. In Beautiful in God’s Eyes, Elizabeth George goes through God’s definition of beauty as described in Proverbs 31. Using anecdotes and illustrations, the author writes so gracefully about concrete examples, it feels like you are sitting down with her and having a conversation with a great mentor. I would highly recommend this book to women, both married and single. It is not one to b ...more
Katesscrapyardgmail.Com
A wonderful study for all women on the Biblical Proverbs 31 woman! The author takes a chapter for each verse, outlining and giving tips on how to become God's beautiful woman. Each chapter was detailed and full off down to earth and practical applications. It was both challenging and convicting, I enjoyed this book so much and was sad to see it end. Each chapter was the perfect length for a daily devotional.
This is a must read for any lady striving to become the Proverbs 31 Woman!
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • The Fruit of Her Hands: Respect and the Christian Woman
  • And the Bride Wore White: Seven Secrets to Sexual Purity
  • Everyday Talk: Talking Freely and Naturally about God with Your Children
  • What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways
  • Preparing To Be a Help Meet
  • Quest for Love: True Stories of Passion and Purity
  • Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman
  • Set-Apart Femininity: God's Sacred Intent for Every Young Woman
  • Choosing Forgiveness: Your Journey to Freedom
  • Passionate Housewives Desperate for God: Fresh Vision for the Hopeful Homemaker
  • Becoming a Titus 2 Woman
  • Joyfully at Home: A Book for Young Ladies on Vision and Hope
  • Every Woman's Marriage: Igniting the Joy and Passion You Both Desire
  • Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother
  • A Woman's Secret to a Balanced Life: Finding God's Refreshing Priorities for You
  • Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with You
  • Quick Scripture Reference for Counseling
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...
“The speech of God’s beautiful woman is a fountain of life to those around her.” 5 likes
“Just as mental toughness and physical energy are the primary traits of an army, they also mark God's beautiful woman.” 4 likes