Start by marking “Pripovijesti iz opasnih predjela” as Want to Read:
Pripovijesti iz opasnih predjela

Pripovijesti iz opasnih predjela (Middle-Earth Universe)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  5,316 Ratings  ·  362 Reviews
Peri Diyarı tehlikeli bir yerdir ve ihtiyatsız ayaklar için pek çok çukur, fazla cüretli olanlar için pek çok zindan barındırır... Peri masallarının dünyası engin, derin ve yüksektir, ve birçok şeyle doludur: Orada her tür hayvan ve kuş; kıyısız denizler, sayısız yıldız; kendisi bir büyü olan güzellik, ve her daim mevcut bir tehlike; kılıç kadar keskin coşku ve hüzün vardı ...more
Published 2002 by Algoritam (first published 1949)

To ask other readers questions about Pripovijesti iz opasnih predjela, please sign up.

Cindy Skillman Wonderful story. I believe it tells the story of a journey after physical death. I find it hopeful and lovely and an absolute delight. I also am…moreWonderful story. I believe it tells the story of a journey after physical death. I find it hopeful and lovely and an absolute delight. I also am surprised that Tolkein's theology here seems to comport perfectly with my own understanding of scripture with regard to eschatology.(less)

Bookdragon Sean
Tolkien is often remembered for his vast fantasy worlds but he also wrote simple things, shorter works more in touch with the humorous themes of The Hobbit rather than the sense of darkness that permeates The Lord of the Rings. I’ve been reading through them again lately and they can all be found in this edition that collects the main ones together.

The Adventures of Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil is such an enigma. I mean who exactly is he? Some Tolkien fans would argue that he is Eru, the creator
Magrat Ajostiernos
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasía, 2017
No sé porqué he tardado tanto en leer estos relatos, quizás porque no esperaba gran cosa de ellos pero me he llevado una buena sorpresa. Me ha gustado MUCHÍSIMO 'El Herrero de Wootton Mayor', 'Hoja de Niggle' también es una preciosidad, y 'Las aventuras de Tom Bombadil' (aunque en verso) son un complemento perfecto para leer tras 'El señor de los anillos'.
Los otros dos relatos me parecieron simplemente entretenidos pero todos tienen algo de original y único que solo Tolkien podía crear
Jason Koivu
This collection of Tolkien's shorter works (Farmer Giles of Ham, Leaf By Niggle, The Adventures of Tom Bombadil, and Smith of Wootton Major) rely on England's "tales of yore" and its faery-filled past.

Though not what he is remembered for, they are intriguing reads. Their whimsical nature echos the more fanciful scenes in The Hobbit, but beyond that - and obviously the inclusion of Bombadil in Fellowship - there is little resemblance to these short works and his epics. (For something in the midd
Mitticus
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tolkien fans, estudiosos de Tolkien, escritores de Fantasía
Ya había leido antes, mucho antes, los cuentos Egidio el Granjero de Ham, El Herrero de Wootom Mayor, y Hoja de Niggle (lejos, mi favorito <3 ) que son fabulosos.

Roveradom, lo vi por ahi en este sitio, y es más bien para niños, como dice una de esas historias inventadas para uno de sus hijos. Muy fantasioso, valga la redudancia, sencillo y hermoso.

(view spoiler)

(el Hombre de la Luna)
—¿Qué hace él solo todo el día? —dijo Roverandom a Rover.
—¿Hacer? —dijo el p
Joaquin Garza
La colección de obras menores de Tolkien es un poco desperdigada, unida por un tema no muy bien hilado de parte de su 'estate', que viene a ser más bien su hijo Christopher. La idea de mantenerlas todas reunidas en un solo volumen no hace mucho sentido salvo el que significó en su momento para sacar la obra 'refundida' de rigor que a veces milagrosamente nos llega cada cierto tiempo. Por eso, y más allá de la hermosa edición (mucho mejor la de Minotauro), se me hace más correcta la presentación ...more
Evelina | AvalinahsBooks
Feb 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Evelina | AvalinahsBooks by: My mom
No, Tom Bombadil, we just can't get along, no matter what you say. It's not you, it's me. And I do understand it's not your fault you've been written in verse. But it's just all working against you. Life's tough.

Buy anyway. This is a funny book (I mean... a strange one). It's hard to sum it up - to be honest, each of the fairytales deserves its own rating. But like I said, life can be tough, so we'll just have to do with a single one.

I liked most of these fairytales (and hey, you already know wh
Joel
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tanto tiempo sin leer a mi amado Tolkien.

"Fantasía es una tierra peligrosa, con trampas para los incautos y mazmorras para los temerarios"

Cuentos desde el Reino Peligroso es una compilación que nos presenta cinco historias escritas por Tolkien a lo largo de su vida, algunas narradas originalmente de forma oral a sus propios hijos antes de ser ampliadas para su publicación y otras tantas escritas por sobre pedido de sus editores. Ademas contiene una introducción de Tom Shippey y un apéndice en el
Nikki
Goodreads librarians really need to work on Tales from the Perilous Realm. Some editions contain four stories, others five, and some also contain Tolkien's 'On Fairy-Stories'. I'm not sure they should all be combined.

Anyway, today this arrived -- since my first copy, most irritatingly, did not include 'Roverandom', which is a fun story aimed at younger readers than the others, involving the adventures of a puppy who gets turned into a toy, and his marvellous journeys. It's the longest story in t
Javier Maldonado
Cada uno de los cuentos que aparecen en este libro son una muestra de la maestría de Tolkien como narrador y creador de mundos. Y respecto al ensayo: "On Fairy-Stories" (Sobre los Cuentos de Hadas), repetiré lo que escribí en twitter esta mañana: debería ser lectura obligatoria para cualquiera que pretenda escribir (y leer) Fantasía en serio. Yo me demoré demasiado (más de lo justificable) pero creo que aún no es demasiado tarde.
Marko Vasić
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lepo i potrebno izdanje koje objedinjuje sve nezavisne priče inspirisane keltskim i staroengleskim folklorom, kao i pesme o Tomu Bombadilu. Autentične ilustracije prvih, pojedinačnih izdanja svake od pripovesti su, takođe, zadržane i u ovom izdanju.
leynes
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will say it time and time again but you can never go wrong with Tolkien. I know that his writing style and the structure and complexity of his narratives isn't for everyone, but this man and the worlds he has created have slowly but surely stolen their way into my heart.

Tales from the Perilous Realm is a collection of three short stories set outside of the realm of Middle Earth and one poetry collection featuring legends and jests of the Shire at the end of the Third Age. I was prepared for ma
Nikki
This edition seems to be combined with other editions that have different content -- mine contains only four stories: 'Farmer Giles of Ham', 'The Adventures of Tom Bombadil', 'Leaf by Niggle', and 'Smith of Wootton Major'. I've already read the latter in an extended edition. It's worth picking up this book -- or the version with 'Roverandom' in it as well -- to get an idea of Tolkien's real idea of fairy tales. Possibly best read along with 'On Fairy-Stories', which some editions also contain.

'F
Jason
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, quaint wee stories but not on par with his famous works
Steph
Tales from the Perilous Realm on audiobook was a delight. It's a BBC production, done up with sound effects and theatrical narration. It makes you feel like a child listening your grandfather tell you tall tales about the fantastical. I'm so glad I chose this for 1971 book read! :)

The book is the telling of four of JRR Tolkien's fairy tales.

"Farmer Giles of Ham"
Farmer Giles is a plump farmer living his quiet life in his village, Ham. One day a giant comes into his village and Giles manages to
Jonathan Terrington

This review has been edited to fit right in line with Goodreads' reviewing principles. As such there are no:
1. Hints to any potential censorship
2. Off topic digressions
3. Personal mentions of the author (just to be on the safe side)
If you want the better review, it can be found at my Booklikes profile: http://headspinningfromvagueness.book...

In a serious effort to remain on-topic, for fear of this review not being marketable and so on, I must first say that only one selection in this volume li
Fantasy Literature
There is a passage in one of the stories collected here that accurately sums up the content of the book itself. In "Leaf By Niggle," J.R.R. Tolkien describes a painting that the artist Niggle has been working on:

It had begun with a leaf caught in the wind, and it became a tree; and the tree grew, sending out innumerable branches, and thrusting out the most fantastic roots... Niggle lost interest in his other pictures; or else he took them and tacked them on to the edges of his great picture. Soo
Jana
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favourite Tolkien books so far. The story of Roverandom was the absolute cutest and I really adored the poetry as well. The explanatory parts about fairy-stories was extremely interesting as well.
Tasmin
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tolkien Schreibstil ist durchaus auch mal anstrengend, aber diese Ausgabe mit ihren Illustrationen ist einfach traumhaft
Patricia
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tengo bastante comprobado, a esta altura de mi vida, que algo con lo que no logro conectar es la literatura de Tolkien. Y admito esto con pesar, porque sabiendo cuánto le gustan sus obras a la mayoría de sus lectores, siento que no estoy logrando ver lo que ellos ven, por mucho que lo intente. De todos modos, al final, la realidad es que no todo está hecho para todo el mundo: los libros son como las personas y con algunos conectamos mejor que con otros.

Si tuviera que explicar a qué se debe esa f
Melissa
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
I checked this book out of the library originally for The Adventures of Tom Bombadil as part of a LOTR reading group, but I have to say I really enjoyed all the stories it contained, even those distantly or completely unattached to Middle Earth.
Pimplop
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clásicos

Mi mayor problema con todo lo que escribe Tolkien, es que me quedo sin elogios
Lucy
Honestly I was mostly just bored while reading this.

Roverandom - 3
Farmer Giles of Ham - 3
The Adventures of Tom Bombadil - 3.25
Smith of Wootton Major - 3.5
Leaf by Niggle - 3.75
On Fairy-stories - DNF
Michael
Oct 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Perilous Realm of the title is Faerie Land, but Tolkien has not people it with diaphanous butterfly-winged sprites, but by dangerous and enchanting elves, dragons and giants. The four branches of the book are each different from each other, despite the thematic connection.

Farmer Giles of Ham is the most straight-forward of the stories, the tale of a "little man" (though of great girth!) who is reluctantly forced into a heroic role. It is a humorous and somewhat satirical tale, easily enjoyed
Lada Fleur
Tales from the primevael mythic land set in illo tempore by one of writers of fairy tales written in the form of novels such as Lord of the ring, the Hobbit. He is a master of artistic fairy tale where the marvellous rejoins the real, and becomes integrated into it. These tales are those that are outside his great of novels, yet they envoilp them in such way that they form their setting. Masters Giles or Aegidus of Hamo, village in an unknown indeterminate time, such of glory and chivalry when t ...more
Bill
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable. Farmer Giles of Ham was my favourite from a reader's point of view. I particularly wanted to read Leaf by Niggle and On Fairy Stories, having had them recommended so often by other authors. On Fairy Stories was longer and more scholarly than I expected, but the last few pages contained the gold -- Tolkien's famous coining of the term eucatastrophe (for a glorious happy ending) and his discussion of the Christian Story as the work of the Ultimate Author, the ultimate story that ha ...more
Joy C.
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My one and only Tolkien read of the year 2014 (that still makes me sad!), but the quality of these stories was worth a thousand! Within it were several treasure troves that I dearly, dearly loved. Roverandom, of course. Farmer Giles of Ham, and Smith of Wootten Major. Tom Bombadil's songs. . . and the Leaf by Niggle. . . I enjoyed each one of them dearly. But I think the crown of this charming collection of more "light-hearted" stories, was Tolkien's own essay "On Fairy-Stories". That was great ...more
David Holec
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesome
Až se mě někdy někdo zeptá, kterou pohádkovou knihu bych mu doporučil, bude to tahle. Ať už normální, veršované, krátké, nebo dlouhé příběhy, všechny mají jedinečné a nezaměnitelné kouzlo. Tohle si brzy přečtu znovu, vždycky, když budu mít chmurné myšlenky, nebo jen špatný den. Díky, pane Tolkiene, za další skvělé čtení.
Kyriakos Sorokkou
I've just realised that I haven't added this book as read. (proper) Review will come when I'll re-read it.
Note: Apart from The Adventures of Tom Bombadil (which is actually in verse) the rest of the stories are not part of the Middle-Earth universe.
Roverandom
Farmer Giles of Ham
Smith of Wootton Major
Leaf by Niggle
On Fairy Stories (essay)
Greeny Onie
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
katanya sih dongeng anak..memang tidak se epik buku eyang tolkien yang lain..
tapii..ini world building nya luar biasa..khas eyang..
dan saya rasa..Tolkien sudah menciptakan satu momen sejarah sastra sendiri..
  • The History of the Hobbit, Part Two: Return to Bag-End
  • Tolkien: The Illustrated Encyclopaedia
  • Splintered Light: Logos and Language in Tolkien's World
  • The Atlas of Middle-Earth
  • Hobbits, Elves and Wizards: The Wonders and Worlds of J.R.R. Tolkien's 'The Lord of the Rings'
  • The Map of Tolkien's Middle-Earth
  • The Gospel According to Tolkien: Visions of the Kingdom in Middle-Earth
  • Tolkien and C.S. Lewis: The Gift of a Friendship
  • The Inklings: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Charles Williams, and Their Friends
  • Tolkien: a Biography
  • The Conan Chronicles: Volume 1: The People of the Black Circle (The Conan Chronicles, #1)
  • Jméno větru - kniha první (Kronika Královraha, #1)
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, CBE, was an English writer, poet, WWI veteran (a First Lieutenant in the Lancashire Fusiliers, British Army), philologist, and university professor, best known as the author of the high fantasy classic works The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings .

Tolkien was Rawlinson and Bosworth Professor of Anglo-Saxon at Oxford from 1925 to 1945, and Merton Professor of English lan
More about J.R.R. Tolkien...

Middle-Earth Universe (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • The Hobbit
  • The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
  • The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)
  • The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3)
  • The Silmarillion (Middle-Earth Universe)
  • Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth
  • The Children of Húrin
  • Beren and Lúthien
  • The Book of Lost Tales, Part One (The History of Middle-Earth, #1)
  • The Book of Lost Tales, Part Two (The History of Middle-Earth, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Ladies of Mandrigyn (Sun Wolf and Starhawk, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
“And Eowyn looked at Faramir long and steadily; and Faramir said: 'Do not scorn pity that is the gift of a gentle heart, Eowyn! But I do not offer you my pity. For you are a lady high and valiant and have yourself won renown that shall not be forgotten; and you are a lady beautiful, I deem, beyond even the words of the Elven-tongue to tell. And I love you. Once I pitied your sorrow. But now, were you sorrowless, without fear or any lack, were you the blissful Queen of Gondor, still I would love you. Eowyn, do you not love me?” 27 likes
“He was kindhearted, in a way. You know the sort of kind heart: it made him uncomfortable more often than it made him do anything; and even when he did anything, it did not prevent him from grumbling, losing his temper and swearing (mostly to himself).” 16 likes