Start by marking “Let Me Call You Sweetheart” as Want to Read:
Let Me Call You Sweetheart

Let Me Call You Sweetheart

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  18,513 Ratings  ·  315 Reviews

It's a minor accident that brings prosecutor Kerry McGrath to the plastic surgeon's office with her beloved daughter, Robin. But even as the doctor assures Kerry that her daughter's scars will heal, she spies a familiar-looking beautiful woman in the waiting room and is seized by an overpowering sense of deja vu. When, on a return visit, she sees the same haunting face --
Mass Market Paperback, 307 pages
Published May 1st 1996 by Pocket Books (first published May 8th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Let Me Call You Sweetheart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let Me Call You Sweetheart

Mansuriah Hassan
Mar 19, 2016 Mansuriah Hassan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel is a unique piece of suspense that can make you keep reading and reading for hours. The plot of the novel is a whole new theme that I haven't read before. I would not deny the fact that Mary Higgins Clark is one of my favorite authors. I am fascinated with the character developments in the novel. It kept me intrigued all the way till the end.

The plot of the story was cleverly written that makes it very interesting. This novel had a lot of suspects, and I did not get very suspicious o
Kaycee ❤️
I still remember this book. I even bought a copy for myself. Let Me Call You Sweetheart is actually one of my favorite books by Mary Higgins Clark.

Every story has their own uniqueness, something that will set them apart from other books. And for this, I can say that this book definitely fits into that category. This book has an unusual twist -- a plot that involved plastic surgery. The author really knows how to keep her readers interested and hooked from page one up to the last.

The heroine, Ker
Daisy
Jan 11, 2017 Daisy rated it really liked it
This book had a Brilliant plotline, amazing climax and was a page turner. If you like Murder mysteries, please read this book. It made me want to read more work of Mary Higgins Clark. She is the Queen of Suspense indeed.
Vanessa Kay
Mar 16, 2014 Vanessa Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I Adore
I wouldn’t deny the fact that Marry Higgins Clark is one of my favorite authors. I became a fan of hers after reading Loves Music, Loves to Dance, also the very first from hers that I’ve read. I always love how she makes every reader won’t stop reading her story.

This book kept me glued to it. Never really saw the ending coming. I also like that even it’s a suspense book, she incorporated some humor and romance in it. I’m even one of Kerry and Geoff’s loveteam fans!

Her style of “who d
Bonnie Gleckler Clark
Prosecutor Kerry McGrath sees a woman she thinks she recognizes in the office of plastic surgeon Dr. Smith while accompanying her young daughter, Robin, for an appointment. Kerry realizes this woman eerily resembles a murdered woman, Suzanne Reardon, found strangled to death with sweetheart roses scattered over her body. It was a vicious crime the media dubbed the 'Sweetheart Murder' case. Suzanne's husband, Skip Reardon, was charged and convicted, due mostly in part to the suspect testimony of ...more
LJ
Aug 15, 2008 LJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
LET ME CALL YOU SWEETHEART - Good
Clark, Mary Higgins - standalone

Beauty has its price... Kerry McGrath had only begun to work in the county prosecutor's office at the time of the infamous "Sweetheart Murder Case" -- the bizarre slaying years ago of strikingly beautiful Suzanne Reardon. Now, ten years later, Kerry has gained a reputation as a smart and relentless prosecutor -- so much so that her name has been given to the governor as a candidate for a new judgeship -- and her new life and career
Kristen
Apr 16, 2008 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
If you missed the TV movie version from a decade ago, get ready for an intense thrill ride in Mary Higgins Clark's Let Me Call You Sweetheart. Kerry McGrath was a devoted mother and a successful prosecutor. When her daughter's face was cut in a car accident, it sent her to Dr. Charles Smith's office for plastic surgery. Little did she know that two faces bear an uncanny resemblance to Suzanne Reardon, a young woman was killed eleven years ago by her husband, Skip, who spent his life in a life se ...more
Amitoj
May 12, 2014 Amitoj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my second book by Mary Higgins Clark and I am already in love with her mysteries... The way she portrays a strong woman's character is the most appealing... The book kept me glued to my ebook reader the whole night... Looking forward to read more of her works....
Danelle
Mar 10, 2012 Danelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book - I have read all of Mary Higgins Clark's books and liked all of them.
Marie-Jo Fortis
Kerry McGrath, prosecutor and candidate for judgeship decides to reopen a criminal dossier at the insistence of a (handsome) defense lawyer who thinks his client is locked up for a murder he has not committed. This angers one of Kerry's friends, who happens to be one of New York senators and thinks that this will compromise her future as a judge. He might not be able to recommend her if she stirs up the past. Political reality, or threat?

At the same time, Kerry's daughter, who was in a car accid
Mimi
Aug 21, 2012 Mimi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
This was a pretty standard Mary Higgins Clark. I have read a lot of her books, and she has a pretty consistent style.

This novel had a lot of suspects, and I did not get very suspicious of the actual murderer until like two pages before we find out who it was. So, I was kept guessing. So many people saw the victim dead! That makes it hard to figure out who actually did it.

This book concerns itself with a ten-year old murder case. The accused is still in jail and still protesting his innocence. A
Sol González
Mi madre es asidua a este tipo de novelas, y últimamente ando viendo qué lee ella, así es como llegue a este libro.

Mary Higgins Clark es de ese tipo de escritoras que te dan todas las pistas y que sin embargo no terminas por adivinarlo hasta que el personaje te lo dice en tu cara.

Es el segundo libro que leo de ella en estos meses y no consigo acostumbrarme tanto a su estilo que pueda encontrar las pistas. Eso es bastante agradable y sorprendente, tomando en cuenta de que todos los personajes est
Suryati
Jun 22, 2009 Suryati rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keren, sebuah novel yang bercerita tentang rasa penasaran seorang Jaksa yang heran melihat dua orang wanita mempunyai wajah yang sama di tempat praktek seorang dokter bedah plastik. Rasa penasaran membawanya pada sebuah kasus pembunuhan "Sweetheart murder case" kasus wanita yang wajahnya dia lihat, wajah Suzanne. Upayanya untuk menyelidiki kembali kasus tersebut mendapat berbagai hambatan bahkan dari orang-orang terdekatnya dan juga bosnya serta ayah angkatnya, bahkan nyawa putrinya pun terancam ...more
Marla
Jan 13, 2009 Marla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kerry McGarth a New Jersey prosecutor is in danger. She has taken and interest in a ten year old murder case. Skip Readon was found guilty of killing his wife, Suzanne. He proclaims his innocence. When Kerry daughter is hurt in car accident and needs plastic surgery, they go to New York. There they meet the surgeon, who is the father of Suzanne. Strangely, Kerry notices all the women's faces
that have surgery come out looking like his daughter. It was his testimony that sent Skip to prison. As sh
Barb
Feb 11, 2011 Barb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent book from this author...complex storyline with lots of characters, but maintains
good character development and a storyline that's interesting and easy to follow....The story revolves
around a murder done 10 years ago, called the sweetheart murder, and new information/evidence now coming to light. The main character is an assistant prosecutor now discovering new items of a case where potentially an innocent man has been imprisoned for a decade for. The ending was unexpected which
Joan
Dec 21, 2011 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was lunch break when I decide to take a nap in the library. But I was not able to sleep so I decided to read some book. I saw this book on the shelf. At first, I thought the book was some kind of a love story. But in fact, it wasn't. The book was a page-turner. It got my attention and my curiosity as I read every pages. I love the twist and turn of the story. It was so unpredictable especially the ending of the story. Definitely, this book is worth reading for.
Heather
Jul 03, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like Clark's books, especially her earlier ones and this was great. Short chapters, interesting characters, full of suspense and red herrings, and a happily ever after ending - what more could you ask for?
Jennifer Lila
Jul 14, 2014 Jennifer Lila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It ended in a way I didn't expect and it was a better ending than the one I thought.
It's the first book I read from this author and I enjoyed it:)
Megan Peterson
Sep 12, 2014 Megan Peterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Not as great as her other works but still a pretty good book. Didn't have as much suspense as the others but the end did kind of surprise me.
Brenda
I'm pretty sure I saw this as a made-for-tv movie. It was a good book with a nice plot twist at the end, but having the nagging feeling that I had seen it play out before ruined it a bit for me.
Marjatta
Apr 13, 2014 Marjatta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kieroutunut plastiikkakirurgi ja syytön vankilassa, siinähän sitä. Vanha kirja, mutta tosi hyvä.
Shreeyanshi Rakesh
It is an exciting story. I love how there are 4 different sides of the story. there is suspense after every chapter the author leaves you to think about so much about the further life of the really intresting characters when the story ends. I loved it. you bet you will Never be able to guess the killer of suzzane. the unexpected to happen is also one of the most beautiful feature of clark's writing. I simply think its awesome!
Schehrazed Lichani
my first book by the author and i'm not dispointed looking for more
Linda
May 24, 2017 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Born and raised in New Jersey, I was very familiar with the setting. The story was well written and a real who-done-it.
Bea
Oct 03, 2016 Bea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Easy reading.
Elisabeth Crosier
Jan 21, 2015 Elisabeth Crosier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book “Let Me Call You Sweetheart” by Mary Higgins Clark is a fantastic book that will keep you guessing at the end of every chapter. The novel begins in a doctor’s waiting room as Kerry McGrath patiently waits for her daughter’s stitches (from a recent car accident) to be removed. However, she feels a slight chill after she notices a familiar, beautiful face. She later comes to the conclusion that that woman has the same face as the gorgeous victim (Suzanne Reardon) of the “Sweetheart Murde ...more
Triada
Feb 27, 2017 Triada rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Claudiu D.
Mar 26, 2016 Claudiu D. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Am impresia ca Mary Higgins Clark devine un soi de guilty pleasure pentru mine. Eu nu am o problema cu romanele scrise dupa o formula, nu am o problema cu literatura de consum, si acesta este si motivul pentru care MHC imi place.
Care e formula?
- protagonista (mai mereu o femeie) independenta, undeva la 30 de ani, divortata, interesata de cariera. Pe parcursul romanului va incepe sa flirteze cu un personaj masculin, si el, undeva la 30 de ani, neaparat carierist.
- meseriile predilecte ale person
Claire
Let Me Call You Sweetheart is written from a multitude of different points of view- even the murderer- though you have to guess which one he is.
Mary Higgins Clark was very clever and never failed to surprised me. I waffled back and forth on who could be the murderer and who was just too conveniently set up to look like the murderer that I almost didn’t quite catch on to the real murderer until it was too forgone to come to any other conclusion. There were no clues as to who it was but a steadily
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • When Day Breaks (KEY News, #10; Sunrise Suspense Society #1)
  • The Christmas Box
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...