Start by marking “Trolldom (Heksemesteren, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trolldom (Heksemesteren, #1)

Trolldom

(Häxmästaren #1)

Første bok i Margit Sandemos nye, historiske romanserie HEKSEMESTEREN - en episk saga full av kjærlighet, mystikk og overnaturlige krefter...

Den første boken begynner i Bergen på slutten av 1600-tallet. Tiril Dahl vokste opp som et ensomt, uselvisk barn i skyggen av sin vakre søster Carla. Med årene begynte onde ting å skje omkring de unge søstrene. Tiril befant seg i et h
Published 1991 by Bladkompaniet A.S

To ask other readers questions about Trolldom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trolldom

Joanna
Oh go ahead and judge me (you, theoretical reader of these reviews and you, judgy part of my brain). Judge away, shake your head with pity and horror. I shall happily nod along to the rhythm of your judging and agree with your every devastating criticism of this series. It's bad, it's trash literature by the numbers, it's about as low as you can get - badly written, sentimental junk. Yes, yes, I agree. I shall agree till the day I die. And I shall also happily devour the 15 volumes of this saga ...more
Johanna
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: witchcraft, folklore
Wohoo another Margit Sandemo series as audio book. Looking forward to hearing this again :-D Easy read, lots of trolldom (traditional witchcraft), folklore and warlocks. I remember the books having pictures of the galdr (magical binding runes of sort) the warlock uses and the 13 year old me enthusiasticly copying them to friends for various reasons. That ended with my friends hystericaly coming back claiming all sorts of weird experiences. And some angry parents. Good old days :-)
Josefine
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Virkelig en fantastisk bog ;) Glæder mig til at læse den næste i serien.
Sabrina
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jeg glædede mig meget til at læse denne bog. Jeg er rigtig glad for Margit Sandemo’s bøger, specielt Sagaen om Isfolket. Denne bog er jeg også blevet rigtig glad for. Jeg elskede Tiril med det samme, også hendes navn. Jeg kan også rigtig godt lide Móri, og alt det research hun har lavet til bogen, for hun har lavet meget, det finder man hurtigt ud af.
Jeg har lidt svært ved at finde ud af om Móri er ond eller god, men det finder man vel ud af senere i serien. Han hjælper Tiril alt hvad han kan, o
Gottfrid Wännberg
This series (and Sagan om Isfolket) was the first books I ever read when I was seventeen. I loved them then but when I tried to re-read them eight years later, after reading other books by other authors, I couldn’t understand why I’ve loved them.
Overlady
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't believe that after reading 47 books of The Ice People, here I am picking yet another series written by Margit Sandemo.

Now here we go... Haxmastaren, original title in Swedish which can be translated into "Witch-King".
The story takes place in late 17th century so 1670-1700 I presume.

So yeah witches and historical setting, that's what Margit is best at.
This book brings a fresh yet familiar feel to it.
A bittersweet story that makes you expect a good ending with a bumpy ride to get there.

Jeanette Eriksson
Jag antar, berättelsen om historien kommer igång, vartefter böckerna läses i denna saga för vuxna, eller saga för alla, med kärlek mystik & övernaturliga krafter - som vi möts av i serien på 15 böcker av älskade margit (R.I.P) I ÅR 2018.//
HAR LÄST isfolket en gång i tiden, har nu införskaffat 3 andra i hennes serier, så nu har jag denna jag läser 1 då& då emellan mina andra böcker jag läser-
Hamnar i 1600 talet där i denna bok, vi mest då får följa Tiril och Mori (häxmästaren) hans jakt
Ellie
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
People who don't know good books will obviously not understand these books at all. It's well written and she actually mention people who have existed in the real world ages before, she does research about people and places before she write about them and she have help from specialisted people as well so people who cannot handle the truth and how the world was, clearly cannot see the good in these books but I love them because while being amazing and exciting in the story then you get so much his ...more
Regitze
Quite short audiobook that I managed to get through while doing a lot of laundry and cleaning (procastination anyone?). I like this new-to-me series of Margit Sandemo's as I am a big fan of the long Ice People saga. I'm enchanted by the Icelandic nature description and language and the story is a promising start to a series.
Elias
Jul 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, fantasy, historical
*1.5*
Beate
May 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
This is the second series Margit Sandemo has written. She's taken the mystical and supernatural aspects of the first series, and upped the stakes, so to speak. Roughly translated, this series is named "Witchmaster" - which is very fitting for the books.

I loved these books. Passionately, and I've read them several times. My only "tiff" with the series, is that it ended up being too short. Only a mere 15 books.

Just adding all these books today, makes me want to re-read the whole thing.
Michelle
Margit Sandemo writes a bit odd, but eventually I got used to it. The story was quite boring at first, the main character is too good to be true (almost annoying at times) and the story is without many descriptions and lacks depth. However, it gets better about halfway through, when Erling and Mori meet up with our main character Tiril - and the ending is quite good so I am looking forward to reading the second book in this series as well.
Rikke Hansen
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was 12 or 13 the first time I picked up this book. Im 19 now, and I still love it. The story is so beautifully written, and I fell in love with the characters at once. I just love it. It so brilliant. If I only could read one book/series for the rest of my life, it would be this one. Beautiful. Brilliant. Ah. <3 ...more
Sabine
Jan 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-2011
This book actually surprised me in a positive way. When I was getting used to the writing style, it really captured me, and I loved that it's so much about history, love and drama. Can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Julia
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Känns som om detta skulle kunna vara ena halvan av en bra första bok, men inte mer.
Denlillebogblog
2 stars. ...more
Maria
Den her levede ikke helt op til mine forventninger, men den var ok. (Og forventningerne bygger på 'Sagaen Om Isfolket'. d: )
Anika Eibe
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: printbook
Jeg var ikke voldsomt begejstret første gang, og denne gang nåede jeg kun halvvejs. Jeg er ellers ved at læse Isfolket for 10. gang, men denne kan ikke fange mig desværre.
Irene
I read this in Danish!
Angelica Lichtner
rereading one of my favourite series. First book is a little bit boring because so much has to be explained but I still enjoyed it once again
Jenni
Yhtä hyvä sarja, kuin Jääkansan tarina!
Anna
Aug 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: margit-sandemo
Świetny pierwszy tom kolejnej sagi napisanej przez Margit Sandemo.
Ebmfh
Peter
May 06, 2018
Josefine
Jun 01, 2018

• I Miss You, I Miss You!
  • Incubus (The Incubus Saga, #1)
  • Fruitloops & Dipsticks
  • The Winter Queen (Tudor Queens, #1)
  • Kampen om sværdet (Erik Menneskesøn #2)
  • Rebirth (Channeling Morpheus, #5)
  • Djevelmasken (Bjørn Beltø, #6)
  • Still Waters
  • Taken by the Wicked Rake (Regency Silk & Scandal, #8)
  • Sunnanäng
  • Diamantsvärdet och träsvärdet I (Svärdens väktare, #1)
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • Ondskabens Tegn (Jarastavens Vandring, #2)
  • The Wealthy Greek's Contract Wife (Needed: The World's Most Eligible Billionaires, #1)
  • The Bride Thief
  • Once Upon a Dream (The Montegu Family, #2)
  • Den lukkede bog
  • Winter Solstice Winter (Viking Blood Saga, #1)
Margit Sandemo was a Norwegian-Swedish historical fantasy author. She has been the best-selling author in the Nordic Countries since the 1980s, when her novel series of 47 books, The Legend of the Ice People, was published. She has also written many other book series such as Häxmästaren and Legenden om Ljusets rike.

Häxmästaren (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Ljuset i dina ögon (Häxmästaren, #2)
  • När mörkret faller (Häxmästaren, #3)
  • Ondskans ansikte (Häxmästaren, #4)
  • Eldprovet (Häxmästaren, #5)
  • Irrbloss (Häxmästaren, #6)
  • De värnlösa (Häxmästaren, #7)
  • Ritten mot väster (Häxmästaren, #8)
  • Eldsvärdet (Häxmästaren, #9)
  • Dvärgarop (Häxmästaren, #10)
  • Skammens hus (Häxmästaren, #11)