Start by marking “A Iniciação (Laços de Sangue, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Iniciação (Laços de Sangue, #1)

A Iniciação (Blood Ties #1)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  6,983 Ratings  ·  506 Reviews
Eu não sou cobarde. Quero deixar isso bem claro. Mas, depois de a minha vida se transformar num filme de terror, passei a levar o medo muito mais a sério. Tinha-me tornado na Dra. Carrie Ames apenas há oito meses, quando fui atacada na morgue do hospital por um vampiro.
Haja sorte. Por isso agora sou uma vampira e descobri que tenho um laço de sangue com o monstro que me c
Published July 1st 2010 by Gailivro (first published May 31st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Iniciação, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Iniciação

Kathryn
Jul 12, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
First off, this is not a paranormal romance, contrary to what the cover wants you to think. This is a dark urban fantasy with many violent scenes. There is a great deal of pain, blood, and assault.

I loved the first chapter, thought it was perfect and original. I liked the main character, the secondary characters, and set up. Then the blood tie kicked in and was used for all sorts of ridiculous behavior and dialogue. I stopped liking the main character when her actions stopped making sense.

I und
Sarah Mac
Ugh, that's it. I yield. Carrie's whinging, selfish splooge is like driving an icepick through my temple.

This book was a fail on so many levels. While there are elements of horror, the true focus is the first-person idiocy of Carrie as she rebels against her dead parents by justifying her lust for some obnoxious, sleazeball vampire with floor-length hair & brocade bathrobes. His name is Cyrus (yes, really) & he has an unabashed fondness for the rape-and-murder of teenagers. But he only
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
#HalloweenReading 2015

Avoid Sunlight - Drink Blood - Hate Yourself - Welcome To Immortality
Buggy
Opening Line: “I read a poll in the newspaper once that said the number one fear of Americans aged eighteen to sixty-five is public speaking. Spiders are second and death is a distant third.”

Wow, this was a fun. Not quite what I was expecting but as it turned out a great ride. For some reason I went into this thinking paranormal romance which is so not the case here. I would categorize Armintrout’s world as urban fantasy/horror. Its dark, violent, blood spattered and often gory and that would in
Terra
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blood Ties book one: The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout is such a breath of fresh air. Not the typical vampire romance that I'm used to reading and one I'm glad I didn't pass by.

Dr. Carrie Ames is a doctor that shouldn't be. Squeemish, insecure with low self esteem, she is the perfect candidate for this good vs. evil vampire must read. Easily controlled even though she really doesn't want to be, curious as a cat with nine lives you can see why she is the most ripe cherry for this battle.

Nathan i
Megan Baxter
Jun 08, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh. This book is terrible. The author never met a stereotype she didn't like (not just for vampires), and it is just full of sloppy prose like soft carpets that cut the heroine's skin like razors. Rug burn, I might believe. Razors? No.

In the meantime, you can read the entire review at Smorgasbook
Megan
I didn't have high hopes for The Turning. No offense to Jennifer Armintrout intended, but there is just so much crap flooding UF/PR shelves these days. However, I ended up being pleasantly surprised by this book.

It starts when Dr. Carrie Ames is attacked by a master vamp and unintentionally left behind to become a vampire herself. I had to love Carrie’s initial reservation to drinking blood. As a nurse and a germophobe, I can appreciate her revulsion to the whole thing based on the extreme icki
Willow
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire
I haven’t read a vampire book this entertaining and exciting for a long time. These vampires are mean and they are killers. And now Carrie has found herself turned into one. She not too thrilled about it either. This has ruined her life. To her great misfortune, she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets attacked and left for dead. This starts her new life as the undead.

While I usually love the gothic undertones of most vampire novels, this one has very few. I think Ar
Gloria Mundi
Ugh. Cutting my losses on this one. I read to about half way and flicked through the rest but it doesn't seem to get any better. None of it makes sense. The heroine is a hospital doctor who gets turned into a vampire and one of the first things she gets told to do and does in pretty short order is quit her job. Because people will start noticing that she doesn't age. Ummmm, yeah, but probably not for at least another 10 years or so. She's only 28, FFS. And wouldn't it make sense for her to stay ...more
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
I don't have any objections to the plot, it was decent, but the characters . . .

Carrie got on my last friggin' nerve: (view spoiler)

The truth should have come out. The truth needed to come out, but it also needed
Is This a Romance?! 3 52 Oct 02, 2011 06:10PM
  • Rises The Night (The Gardella Vampire Hunters, #2)
  • Night's Cold Kiss (Dark Brethren, #1)
  • Touch of Evil (Thrall, #1)
  • Eternal Seduction (A Darkness Within, #1)
  • Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)
  • Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)
  • The Vampire's Seduction (Savannah Vampire, #1)
  • Eternal Hunger (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #3)
  • The Becoming (Anna Strong Chronicles, #1)
  • Shadow of the Vampire
  • Night Rising (Vampire Babylon, #1)
  • Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles, #1)
  • Crimson Kiss (Crimson, #1)
  • Chasing Midnight (Vampire/Werewolf Trilogy, #1)
  • Michael (Blood and Sex, #1)
  • Crimson City (Crimson City, #1)
  • A Rush of Wings (The Maker's Song, #1)
Jennifer Armintrout is a pseudonym for Jenny Trout.
More about Jennifer Armintrout...

Blood Ties (4 books)
  • Possession (Blood Ties, #2)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Blood Ties, #3)
  • All Souls' Night (Blood Ties, #4)
“If you're afraid of something, face it. Fear is irrational. The only way to conquer your fear is to stand next to it.” 25 likes
“Near mint my ass! Bluebird45 is getting some seriously bad feedback."
"You bought this on eBay?" I flipped to a random page and started reading. "Man, you really can get anything on there.”
6 likes