Start by marking “The Wizard Of Ooze (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #17)” as Want to Read:
The Wizard Of Ooze (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #17)

The Wizard Of Ooze (Goosebumps HorrorLand #17)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  522 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Take a little Horror home with you!

While visiting HorrorLand, Marco Gonzales and his friend Gabriella Smith find a rare edition of the The Wizard of Ooze at Jonathan Chiller's HorrorLand shop. The Ooze is a popular graphic novel series about an evil mutant who is made of oil sludge. Marco is excited because in the back of the comic are secret instructions on how to gain yo
Published September 1st 2010 by Scholastic Inc.

Elijah Goad
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was very good. The begginnig is that these kids are on a ship, and they find a canvel that said horrorland and Gabe said "Hey thats sounds fun." The first game they played was skull toss. When Gab him the skull off a creapy sound started to bust out. The gabe said "Did u waje the dead. Then their parents wonder were they are and the wizard takes them somewere.
Sep 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WOW best one... EVER!!!
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My daughter loved this book!
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Horrorland Lovers
Very good! Has a lot of super heros in it!
Excellent book!
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, goosebumps
Kinda disappointed it had nothing to do w the Wizard of Oz, tbh.
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
it is great
Dec 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
As the endgame draws near for this incarnation of the Horrorland series, one would expect Jonathan Chiller's involvement in the plot to be increasing; however, that isn't really the case in The Wizard of Ooze. As with all of the other books in this second tier of the series excepting Weirdo Halloween, Jonathan Chiller only appears at the beginning and the end, deepening the mystery over what he has planned for the kids who have bought merchandise from his Horrorland souvenir shop. The story arc ...more
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
-Warning! Contains Spoilers-
The story I read recently was a goosebumps book called The Wizard of Ooze. What basically happened in the story was a boy named Marco went to an amusement park and bought a comic book of his favorite series called “The Wizard of Ooze.” He eventually obtains superpowers that last 12 seconds each before deactivating. Next, the ACTUAL Wizard of Ooze comes out and battles Marco for the comic book due to its magical powers. After sorting all the mess out Marco find out tha
Jose Ramirez
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think that goosebumps Horrorland is a very good book because it has three parts to it and its cool. There was a kid named Marco and his friend Gabriella she was Marcos friend Marco has been collecting comic books of all sorts. Then they went to Horrorland and there was a guy who knows where the good games are they did that and they played tug-o-war but know one was going against them. Then they got a coupon it said,10% off at chiller house then they both went there and Marco saw a comic book h ...more
Angela Valzuela
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Wizard of Ooze Written by:R.L. Stine.I loved this book because it has this horror in it that makes me want to read it over and over again.The book is about this boy named Marco who has went to a type of carnival.He goes into this gift shop and finds a rare comic book called The Wizard of Ooze.Marco flips through the pages and finds all of these powers.But,Marco isnt the only one that wants it.All different type of creatues wants the book.the creatues all follow him and try to chase him but ...more
Christine (KizzieReads)
This one was good. It's about a boy and girl who go to the amusement park Horrorland and find an elusive book about the character The Ooze. They take it home and find that in the back of the book are ways in which you can get your own superpowers, but other people want the book, too and will stop at nothing in order to get it.

Full Review:
Sep 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Hew France
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Here's my thing; Stine has created 3 super villains that escape to the 'real world'. However, none of the kids acknowledge the comic book based off of the other villains. It's been established that Goosebumps is a shared universe, so why does the boy in this book NOT see a 'Masked Mutant' cosplay at the convention?
Any way, this book was ok. Not Stine's best, but certainly far from his worst.
Jan 17, 2013 added it
I thought that the book was really good and it was really interesting how almost everything was a surprise like that ooze guy and the fabulous f;ame appearing in the boys bedroom. I recommend this book.
Nov 07, 2014 added it
Michelle Reynoso
Jan 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Another good Goosebumps story I read with my son. The chapter endings were not as leading as some of the previous books, but another solid story with characters my son talked about for days after we were done.
Jeff Herman
Nov 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading one of the books of this series and I have to admit it was entertaining. Granted it is geared toward a younger audience I still found it worth reading. I picked it up at a library booksale. Well worth the price I got it for!
Service Room 12
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it
A good book to make us smarter. By Armando
Faye Wennersten
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ethan, read-2015
Read with Ethan
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
me and my 9 year old daughter read this. was good! a quick fun read! i love the goosebump series and so does she!
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm still finding this series cute. Unfortunately, though, I have been jumping around in the series due to my library's availability, so the Horrorland parts of the book are making no sense to me.
Aidan Heinrich
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, read-to-me
I loved it! It was so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aston Short
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This gave me a real thrill at the start it is a really good book I hope you read it.
Sean McBride
Oct 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
Wow. Amazingly uninspired. I was hoping for some good Halloween fun and I got this. Boo.
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Was reading with my son and he loved the story. Don't get me wrong I loved reading the Fear Street stories by RL Stine when I was a teen. The whole Goosebumps series just never grabed me.
  • Dr. Jekyll, Orthodontist (Zack Files #5)
  • On My Way (26 Fairmount Avenue Book, #3)
  • Be Good to Eddie Lee
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • What! Cried Granny
  • Bites: Scary Stories to Sink Your Teeth Into
  • Rain Forests (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #5)
  • How a Book Is Made
  • The Little League Team from the Black Lagoon
  • Zoo-Looking
  • Hamstermagic (Animalmagic, #3)
  • Invasion of the Appleheads (Deadtime Stories, #2)
  • The Teeny Tiny Woman
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Little Polar Bear and the Brave Little Hare
  • Dreams
  • The Day the Goose Got Loose
  • Just Us Women

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps HorrorLand (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Welcome to HorrorLand: A Survival Guide (Goosebumps Horrorland)
  • Revenge of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #1)
  • Creep from the Deep (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #2)
  • Monster Blood For Breakfast! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #3)
  • The Scream of the Haunted Mask (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #4)
  • Dr. Maniac vs. Robby Schwartz (Goosebumps HorrorLand #5)
  • Who's Your Mummy? (Goosebumps HorrorLand #6)
  • My Friends Call Me Monster (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #7)
  • Say Cheese - And Die Screaming (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #8)
  • Welcome To Camp Slither (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #9)