Start by marking “K-ON!, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
K-ON!, Vol. 2

K-ON!, Vol. 2

(K-On! #2)

It's been almost a year since the girls of the pop-music club started jamming together, but the start of the new year is no time to look back on their journey - it's time to recruit new members! Despite their inexperience, the girls' passionate performance at the entrance ceremony impresses first-year Azusa, a budding guitar player who can't wait to join. But she didn't ...more
Published March 29th 2011 by Yen Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about K-ON!, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about K-ON!, Vol. 2

Start your review of K-ON!, Vol. 2
Pooja
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
K-On! is the first manga and anime series, my sister and I showed equal enthusiasm about!

Yui and Ui, their sisterhood reminds me of the nexus I have with my sister. Yui is always lazy in home, gets up late, reaches to school late while Ui is punctual and hard working, doing errands for her elder sister.

Some years ago, I could not have said this, but this summer brought out the lazy Yui in me and my sister was working day and night to make me cool and comfortable at home.

Azusa is the favorite
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've recently got back into mangas and graphic novels. This one is really cute about school girls in a band but there are so many comedy moments. I really enjoyed it and would defi Italy read other volumes
Therese Andrea
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
*4.5
Eliza
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
If you're looking for a light-hearted read after a long, hard day, you really can't look further than K-On!

To put it simply, it's a bit of a 'fluff' tale about a group of girls who make up the pop music club at school, and their misadventures together. The eclectic bunch, made up of Yui Hirasawa on guitar, Mio Akiyama on bass, Ritsu Tainaka on drums and Tsumugi Kotobuki on keyboard, the girls are seemingly more interested in drinking tea and eating cake, than they are rehearsing, or doing
Chibineko
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was rather pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this volume. If the first volume was a little too similar to the equally well known Lucky Star 4koma series, then the second one showed me that they're different enough to keep the more cynical readers entertained.

The cuteness factor has to be one of the best things about this series. If you're a fan of cute girls doing cute things, you'll continue to love this series with the second volume. The inevitable vacation scenes continue to be my
Hayley
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All in all, if you weren't keen on the first volume, this second one provides more of the same. A new character and some additional focus on the musical side of things is nice, but you definitely know what you're getting when you read K-ON!
Misa Niranon
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another borrowed book from Bryan!!``
As I was reading towards the middle of the light manga, I thought that I should go ahead and catch up on the anime. I was only on the second episode when I decided to do that and had to get all caught up! I would read, what I would assume, was an episode from the books and then I would watch an episode only pausing when I thought that I was going to go further than the light manga. I love seeing that the anime adaptation pretty much stayed true to the books
Miss Ryoko
This series is pretty cute. The girls are fun and I like all their different personalities. I was surprised to find out the manga-ka is a male. With how cutesie and girly the characters are, I assumed only a female could have created them! Haha, shows what I know and how I shouldn't make assumptions.

I wonder if I can find the anime anywhere. I'd like to watch it after I read this series.
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I really enjoyed this volume and am enjoying both the manga and anime series! <3 its really good, very cute and funny too and has alot of heart, love it <3 love the music storyline too : ) can't wait to read volume 3! : ) definitely recommend this series and the anime is which is available to watch online on Hulu : )
Holly Letson
Once I finished V1, I took to MangaGo to read V2 as scanslations. I will probably do the same for the other volumes as well......eventually.

Azu-Nyan!! In this volume, Azusa Nakano joins the Light Music Club. Gotta love her cat-eared scenes and the famous cake scene!
Megan Constable
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much like volume one, this is a fun read. The addition of Azusa adds even more fun. Her relationship with Yui is hilarious. Mio seems to be coming out of her shell and Ritsu is getting more responsible. They are growing as people and as a band.
M-Tear
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My gosh! Squeak!!! In love with this series... I don't want to give them back! About ready to start reading the third book, the words 'maid cafe' make me happy bubble, mainly because they make me think about Maid-sama.
Jim
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy, manga
Light comedy, not very substantial but a pleasant change-of-pace after three volumes of Rurouni Kenshin's battles and drama. I definitely prefer the anime version of K-On though. 2.5 stars, rounded down.
Amy
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
These are alright but not for me. They have some cute and fun moments but overall not much happens. I won't be continuing.
Jenny Chen
唯たちはいつも元気なアドベンチャーをしています。
次の本、楽しみに!
Bentgaidin
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lots of fun; the whole volume is an hour or so's read, and I enjoyed myself the entire time.
Ashley De La Cruz
Again, these series is getting better and better and I love them this series already , it's so funny to read !
Richard
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can listen to the review on Episode 13 of ComicPop Library. You can tune in to the podcast on iTunes or visit our site at comicpoplibrary.com under the podcast tab.
Kim
Jan 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, manga, humor, young-adult
A new school year and a cute new character. Fun, but not extraordinary.
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Still cute, but feeling a little tired already. I'm missing character development.
Linda
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, series
A new school year-the same fun and fluff as the year before. Not a lot goes on in this series but it sure is fun to read and fun to look at ;)
Shteven
Mackenzie
Mar 06, 2018
Brenda McCarty
Aug 20, 2015

• 暗殺教室 3 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 3] (Assassination Classroom, #3)
  • 暗殺教室 2 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2] (Assassination Classroom, #2)
  • Battle Angel Alita Deluxe Edition Volume 1
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 8
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 5
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 6
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 7
  • Poemas de Álvaro de Campos (Obra Poética IV)
  • Keine Cheats für die Liebe 01
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 3
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 4
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 2
  • ヲタクに恋は難しい 5 [Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii 5] (Wotakoi: Love Is Hard for Otaku, #5)
  • ヲタクに恋は難しい 4 [Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii 4] (Wotakoi: Love Is Hard for Otaku, #4)
  • Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 1
  • 暗殺教室 5 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 5] (Assassination Classroom, #5)
  • 暗殺教室 4 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 4] (Assassination Classroom, #4)
  • 暗殺教室 14 [Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 14] (Assassination Classroom, #14)

K-On! (6 books)
  • K-ON! vol. 01 (Indonesian)
  • K-ON!, Vol. 3