Start by marking “Something About Trevor” as Want to Read:
Something About Trevor

Something About Trevor

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  247 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Paul Harrison is completely straight. His house will not flood again. And gay men don’t play cricket. Eventually Paul will find out just how incorrect these preconceived notions are.

When the river overflows its banks, Paul is forced to find temporary accommodation. The only practical suggestion comes from Trevor, an out and proud work colleague. Despite Paul’s hesitancy r
Published (first published June 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Something About Trevor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something About Trevor

It's a lovely story: sweet, earnest, nicely paced and steadily developed.

Personally: it's somewhat too staid, too placid, too stiff-upper-lippy for me (sex scenes included). I adore British writing so that's not entirely's just that this one felt like having a pleasant evening taking one's tea out in the Shakespeare garden. It's well-written but a bit saccharine for my tastes. The author says he writes about the man he'd like to one day meet. This story sounds a bit as much: the way one
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
2.5 stars.

The story was cute and I really liked Trevor, because I could see both his strength and fragility. Paul seemed more naive and less solid at the same time.

The beginning was very good: Paul is slightly homophobic, but he accepts Trevor's invitation to share a room while Paul is renovating his house. He begins to like and care for Trevor, to see behind his flamboyant attitude, and realize that his own previous behavior was wrong and prejudiced. It was nice to see their friendship develop
LD  Durham
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
This book started out fine. I was interested in the characters and found their personalities and lives interesting. I was eager to find out what happened. But then the storytelling changed. Instead of a nice linear showing of the characters, the author began to leap frog ahead, and then tell the reader what happened in the time in-between. Even worse, the story would jump ahead for Character A, the important events were told, then Character B would do the same thing for the exact same time perio ...more
Likeable characters, compelling storyline, characters that actually grow during the story. Yep, Something About Trevor has them all. It's a well told story that is a quick and enjoyable read. Surprisingly I found that I even liked the villains of the piece... or at least understood them.

Trevor is a gay man that falls for straight men and yet camps it up when he's tense. Like Trevor I'm attracted to good hearted straight men. There's nothing so appealing (to me) as a sweet, honest, somewhat inno
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ending was adorable and funny.
Drew Hunt's Something about Trevor is not a great book. There's lots of random exposition, the dialogue tends to be stilted, the author relies more on convenience than he should, and many of the characters are ill defined. Most of these problems could have been fixed if the author had attended a writing class and had taken another pass over the manuscript.

So why three stars instead of one? Look, this book isn't meant to be high art. It's firmly rooted in a popular place in our entertainment - ak
Sorry, but I would not recommend this book. It was a typical GFY romance. There was alot going on with the other characters that I felt like it was lacking with the main characters. Gary is a total douche, like the kind that you want to punch in the face. I was a cute story idea that could have had a lot of potential to be one that you would remeber. Also, the setting is not in America, so get ready to hear bloke, mate, and bullocks.
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some good part to character building. The scene in which he makes his first move was not compelling. The way in which the MC outed his mate's date as trans was not handled well, questionable at best, I'd say.
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really good, but wouldn't have killed to throw one romantic scene towards the end, specially when they had such a strong story and set up.
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
sweet but a bit dull
Check out LdDurham's Review, this is exactly how I feel about this book...and I'm still lost and clueless about cricket. :(

Jul 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Really liked this book brilliant first book from this author
Paul is in a bind. His house has flooded...again...and he needs a place to stay. It's just that there aren't many options for him to choose from. Except Trevor. And Trevor's a nice guy, but he's gay and rather obvious about it. And it's not that Paul has a problem with gay people, he's just not sure he's comfortable staying with one in such close quarters. But when all other options exhaust themselves--and as Paul realizes he is maybe being just a bit unfair to his colleague--he takes Trevor up ...more
Jul 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Finding himself temporarily homeless, Paul overcomes his unthinking aversion to Trevor based on his over the top gay persona but not until he makes an ass of himself and must do some soul searching. In an effort to put him at ease, Trevor gives us his romantic life story thus giving us a lot more insight into Trevor than we see from Paul.

In this book, the author really puts Trevor through the wringer and Paul is a trooper who helps him through several very emotional situations. Most of the book
Shelby P
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I was intrigued by the plot and the story kept me engaged the entire time. There were several things that I liked about this book. The story wasn't what I'd typically expect. I like seeing how Trevor and Paul became friends. Having Paul see Trevor through his cancer scare was nice. I don't think I've read a book before where the guy goes out on a date with a transvestite and not know it. That was an interesting plot development. My dad used to play cricket so the sport brought back fond memories ...more
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ended up like this.
shinee gif photo: SHINee Key And Taemin SNSD VCR Gif MDK-032.gif
Mara Ismine
Gavin Stephenson-Jackman
Another great read from Drew Hunt. There can't be anything better than finding love. When Paul finally realizes that he loves Trevor, he falls hard and fast. It is nice to see how Paul defends their relationship against the local homophobes and the empowerment it gives him. Trevor has been hurt too many times in the past and it is nice to see someone who is willing to defend him and protect him. We all like a little protection now and then.
Dec 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this story the first time off CRVBOY, and LOVED it there. Loved it so much, I shared it with my daughter and several friends. Before it was taken down and published, I'd read the story at least twice before.

There is something about Trevor you love. If you only look at the surface of someone, you'll never realize what you could be missing - something Paul found out the more time he spent with Trevor.

Aug 31, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very very sweet romance. A gay man who acts very "flaming" to protect himself (using the cliche gay persona as a mask and weapon) and "straight" coworker who needs a place to stay because his house was flooded. It's a slow process from acceptance to friendship and then finally to love. A touching story.
I enjoyed the buildup of the friendship between Trevor and Paul. It wasn't easy or simple, and there wasn't an initial attraction seems typical of this type of book. I didn't understand several of the terms or the game of cricket (probably my American upbringing at play), but I that didn't take away from it a bit.
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
New to me Author...

Solid 3.5, great story up until the whole thing with Gary and Trevor. Adored Trevor, but after that not so much. I love a bit or angst in a story, but I'm really not fond of cheating characters, no matter what the excuse is used for it.

Aside from that, looking forward to reading other books by this author.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice read, liked Paul, loved Trevor. I enjoyed the build up of Trevor and Paul's friendship to Paul realizing he loves Trevor. Gary however was a total douche bag and didn't deserve either the love of his wife or Trevor's love.
Apr 02, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars
Marsha Spence
Apr 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story!
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
The story is sweet and kind of good, but just good.
May 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read. 4.5stars, would give it five but didn't like the emotional hurt Trevor received repeatedly from an ex-lover.
It was an ok read. Entertaining and quick. Took me just a few hours.
Spotlighting A New Release For Drew Hunt 1 11 Aug 26, 2011 12:24PM
  • Power Play
  • Fanning the Flames (The Match Before Christmas, #2)
  • Pool Hall Green
  • Quarterback Sneak
  • Out of the Closet (The Closet, #1)
  • Making His List
  • In the Rough (By Degrees, #2)
  • Go Fish
  • Out of Bounds
  • Stealing the Dragon (The Dragon's Hoard, #3)
  • The Unforgiving Minute
  • Liquid Glass
  • The Good Doctor
  • Horizons (Horizons, #1)
  • Pump Me Up (Work Out, #2)
Having read all the decent free fiction on the net Drew could find, he set out to try his hand at writing something himself. Fed up reading about characters who were super-wealthy, impossibly handsome, and incredibly well-endowed, Drew determined to make his characters real and believable.

Drew lives a quiet life in the north of England with his cat. Someday he hopes to meet the kind of man he writ
More about Drew Hunt...

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Garden of Lies (Garden of Lies, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)