Start by marking “A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #4.5)

A Wallflower Christmas

(Wallflowers #4.5)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  17,255 ratings  ·  1,298 reviews
It’s Christmas time in London and Rafe Bowman has arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie Blandford, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady-in-waiting, and if it weren’t for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 201 pages
Published November 2nd 2010 by St. Martin's Press (first published October 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Wallflower Christmas, please sign up.
Yvonne Ramée Yes! However...you'll adore the cast of characters. I'm waiting for the 1st in the series to come in to my library as I ordered it today...can't wait!

·  17,255 ratings  ·  1,298 reviews

Start your review of A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #4.5)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Meh I might have liked it more if our hero Rafe wasn't courting and kissing the heroine's cousin all the while falling in love and making out with the heroine. Uh yeah I'm just not okay with that! I did like seeing all the other wallflowers which is why I gave the book 2 stars instead of 1.
Alp
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Absolutely wonderful.

This was a very lovely read. I immensely enjoyed this love story of Raff and Hannah. I swooned all over Raff and found Hannah really adorable. Not only did we get the romance between this couple, but also a little bit of the other four wallflowers and her men's sweet times together.

There were many beautiful moments that made me feel light-hearted and brought a big smile to my face. And there were some heartbreaking ones as well. Lisa Kleypas always delivers such great
Auntee
Aug 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
What more can be said about this sweet, passionate book that hasn't already been said? With over 150 reviews here at GR and over 1,000 ratings (Am I the last person on Earth to read this book?), I'm sure just about every view has been expressed already. But I might as well throw my two cents in too, maybe I'll come up with something everyone else missed (highly doubtful).:)

First of all, this is one of my favorite series ever. I don't read a whole lot of historicals, but I have been a fan of LK
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Ah, how does Lisa Kleypas do it? I think I have Lisa Kleypas romance receptors in my brain. She always knows how to hit my satiety centers. I had heard complaints that this was too short. It was perfect for me. I loved how we got updates and interludes with the Wallflowers, we were able to see the incredible, enduring friendships between Annabelle, Lillian, Evie, and Daisy. It was also great seeing the Wallflowers interact with their husbands, and to see how deleriously happy each of them were ...more
Jilly
Meh.... I maybe should have quit after St. Vincent's book because it went downhill from there.

Rafe, Lillian's brother, was supposed to be the hero of this book as he falls for Hannah - the cousin of the girl he's betrothed to. The problem was, I didn't really like him. I understand that he had a tough childhood and crappy parents, but it doesn't excuse some of the things he did. And, it all happened too fast. Insta-love, Victorian style.

So, Rafe meets Hannah, Lady Natalie's poor cousin, so that
Sandra
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sandra by: Paula
Shelves: historical, favorites
Heartwarming, lovely romance with hero Rafe Bowman planning on marrying one girl (Natalie) but falling in love with another (Hannah Appleton).

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I loved Rafe, he was sexy, handsome, and charming. He was Lillian and Daisy's brother from America. The Bowman's made their fortune from a soap-manufacturing business and it is being arranged (by their families) that Rafe marry Natalie (Rafe's father is really pushing the marriage.) Rafe finds Natalie pleasing and thinks the
Tammy
Apr 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: East, Isis, anyone who enjoys the Wallflowers
Quote ...

"Standing from the bath, Evie dried herself and donned a velvet robe that buttoned along the front. She heard the door open again. "Back to w-warm the bed?" she asked.
But the voice that answered wasn't the maid's.
"As a matter of fact ... yes."
Evie stilled at the sound of the deep, silky murmur.
"I passed the maid on the stairs and told her she wouldn't be needed tonight," he continued. "'If there's one thing I do well,' I told her, 'it's warming my wife's bed.'"

*sigh* St. Vincent
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Rafe Bowman has come all the way from America to England to spend Christmas at Stony Cross Park and to meet his future bride, Lady Natalie Blanford. The marriage was arranged by their parents, but Rafe isn’t quite convinced that this method of finding one’s wife is the best of ideas. There’s also the rub that his father has threatened to disinherit Rafe if he doesn’t agree to the match. But still, Rafe wants to meet her, get to know her and then decide if the marriage is to his advantage.

Lady
Shawna
Re-read Oct'2019:

Loved revisiting the wonderful Wallflowers!!

Original read/review Jun'2010:

5 stars – Historical Romance

This is a sweet, charming, and romantic conclusion to the wonderful, enchanting Wallflowers series. I just didn't want this series to ever end. I really hope Lisa Kleypas revisits these beloved characters again someday.
Didi
God, I love Lisa Kleypas!

Revisiting all the wallflowers was just perfect. I loved this series and was utterly pleased with Rafe's story. He was a sexy and smoldering beast of a man who hid behind his debauchery and I loved it! I loved Hannah as well, she was such a strong and soothing presence for Rafe and I was so glad that the girl behind the scenes stole his heart rather than that intended for him.
As with all of LK's work, she writes with passion and intelligence, humor and precision. Giving
Eastofoz
Oct 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Kleypas' Wallflower series
I think this is one of the fastest books I've ever read! You’re turning the pages so quickly that suddenly it’s the end and you wish it would have continued after the epilogue –which was very sweet.

It was a good story overall, nice to see the Wallflowers again, but I'd have liked to have seen more of them. Each Wallflower has about two pages or so just for her and her hubby and you get that warm nostalgic feel for the previous books in the series. Personally I loved St Vincent and Evie and
Yomi M.
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely read, I do wish the epilogue were longer since it seems this is the last book in the series. I'm still intrigued by Lillian and Daisy's other brothers, I wish we had met them.
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
A Christmas love story isn't usually this heavy. And again Lillian and her issues ruined it almost completely. I liked Rafe Bowman a lot, but Hannah took her sweet time to show why I should like her.

Still, it would have been a lovely story if Lillian's insecurity regarding her husband hadn't reared its ugly head. There wasn't a single reason why that should be in a story like this. The moment that happened, even if it does not actually play any role whatsoever (to be fair), I lost my interest
Esther
This was cute but it didn't engage me as much as I was hoping.

We did get to catch up on some of the characters from past books and that was nice.

Hero being manipulated by Father to marry for status in the ton and his father has someone in mind. Hero want's part of his father business and is considering it, even though he is wealthy in his own right.

Heroine is a companion to the supposed potential for marriage to hero.

But hero and heroine have instant attraction and witty dialogue and sparing
Leah
Mar 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Jo
She made him want to be very, very bad.

I loved that we got to spend more time with my favorite wallflowers and their spouses, it was definitely my favorite part of this book.

If only I could visit you as a foreigner goes into a new country, learn the language of you, wander past all borders into every private and secret place, I would stay forever. I would become a citizen of you.

Finally we got to meet one of Lillian and Daisy’s brothers. Rafe Bowman has come to England on business and to

Duchess Nicole
For a short(er) story, this felt complete. Not only do we get to know the eldest Bowman brother, but we get a lot of insight into the rest of the wallflowers and their husbands. Not just tiny snippets, either. They each get a significant shout out, and because I've come to know them all so well, this was just wonderful. I kept getting lumps in my throat. Sooo glad Ms. Kleypas decided to dig a little deeper with them!

Aside from that, Rafe and Hannah's story also felt like a full novel though it
♥Sharon♥
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Awww I really enjoyed this one. Rafe and Hannah made such a sweet couple. It may have been love at first sight where Rafe was concern but Hannah wasn't giving in too easily. Of course the Wallflowers couldn't just sit back and watch a missed love match could they? Some fun moments with all of them.

And it was a lot of fun to catch up with the Annabelle, Evie, Lillian and Daisy.

I especially enjoyed the scene when Lillian decides to confront Marcus because she thought that he may have an interest
jenjn79
Oct 15, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
It's kinda funny, as much as I enjoyed the original Wallflowers series, I probably would have waited a while to buy this book. But with everyone talking about it, anxiously waiting for its release, I got caught up. So I had to go buy it the day it got out ;) I enjoyed the book quite a bit, though, so it was worth the hardcover price.

This book introduces a relative of two of the original Wallflowers, Rafe Bowman - who is one of Lillian and Daisy's brothers. He's been at odds with his father all
Julie (jjmachshev)
Aug 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
Fans of Lisa Kleypas' 'Wallflower' series will surely jump for joy when they pick up "A Wallflower Christmas". Even though the Wallflowers are secondary characters, they're still enough of a presence to provide quick vignettes on their current lives and loves. This is a fairly short book at only 213 pages, but still has plenty of steam.

Lillian's brother Rafe is recently arrived from America and, of course, his father has selected his bride. Rafe doesn't really care, he'll marry the woman his
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
Who could not like this book? All the Wallflowers back helping a woman obtain love!!
Ronyell
Finally! I have managed to read the final book in Lisa Kleypas' popular “Wallflower” series, “A Wallflower Christmas!” The Wallflowers (Evie, Daisy, Lillian and Annabelle) are back and this time they are on a mission to set up Lillian and Daisy's older brother, Rafe Bowman with the attractive and rich Natalie Blandford. Will they succeed? Read this extremely memorable and exciting conclusion to the “Wallflower” series to find out!

Rafe Bowman, oldest son of Thomas and Mercedes Bowman and older
Lady Heather
Mar 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance, luvvas of Lisa Kleypas, Wallflowers fans
First read April 1-3, 2010

Second read March 26-27, 2013

I have 'upped' my rating of this book from a 4 star to a 5 star rating. I enjoyed reading this story way more than I initially did the first time.

Once again Thomas Bowman is making incredulous demands on his children, this time they are on his oldest child Raphael (Rafe).
Rafe is to marry a certain Lady Blandford, and finally settle down from his 'rakish' ways. He must also do this in order for him to get his father's approval, his portion of
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
Perfect...just perfect! I didn't expect to love this book as much as the previous ones because it's Rafe Bowman's story - brother of Lillian & Daisy, 2 of the Wallflowers. It couldn't be as good since it didn't feature one of the four wallflowers, could it? Well, I'm here to tell you it is!! Rafe & Hannah's story is sweet, heart-touching, and oh so deliciously sexy. And all four of the wallflowers & their very gorgeous, sexy husbands are prominently featured in this story. I laughed, ...more
Azet
"A Wallflower Christmas" shows us the ultimate heart-warming conclusion for all the four Wallflowers and their husbands..as they all will live in my hearts forever.!
We get introduced to the American Rake Rafe Bowman, brother of Daisy and Lillian who helps him through the journey to look for a wife..and it will not go as expected as Rafe never was ready to lose his heart.

How he with an bold charm tried to annoy Hannah Appleton was so funny.He even stole kisses after their first meeting, sexy!
Stacee
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
This would have been a delightful story after I finished the series. Instead it’s a delightful story before.

I loved these characters, especially when they’re all together. Getting more of their HEAs while there’s a new match being made was so fun.

Now I just need time to read the other books.
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
**4.5 Enchanting Stars**

This is the final book in Lisa Kleypas’ Wallflowers series. Engaging, witty, romantic and passionate, it was the perfect start to my Christmas reading.

Rafe is such an irresistable combination…handsome, sexy, funny and irreverent…an adorable rogue. It is easy to see why he falls hard for Hannah. She is very different from the women he has known…intelligent, honest and kind, but not afraid to speak her mind. At first, Hannah dislikes the brash American but gradually she
Juliana Philippa
This was such a great story, though know beforehand that this is a novella. I say that, because there could have been much more development of the characters and the story and everything happened a little too quickly and easily. It's 200 pages though, so what does one expect? Had this story been expanded into a full-length novel, I have a feeling it would have been a 4.5/5 star book (though one never knows of course - I had thought there was absolutely no possible way that I wouldn't absolutely ...more
Crista
Reread on 11/26/12. My vote for Best Christmas Romance!
Reread on 12/24/14. Perfection.
Reread on 12/6/15. Stands the test of time.

A Wallflower Christmas was the PERFECT way to begin this holiday season. It put me in the Christmas spirit and really was "the icing on top of the cake" of the wallflower series! I have loved this series. Annabelle, Lillian, Evie, and Daisy all are special in their own ways, and now we add Hannah to the mix.....oh how I love Lisa Kleypas.

Rafe is Lillian and Daisy's
Seffra
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

This was such a cute and light read and I loved revisiting the Wallflowers. I forgot how much I enjoyed reading their stories!
Rafe Bowman.... He was interesting but I wished he stopped courting Hannah's cousin while we all knew he wanted Hannah. But I got it. He HAD to marry the other girl (I don't remember her name..) if he were to have a share in the Bowman enterprise.
Hannah was a great girl and I really liked her. I liked the scenes of her reading to the children!
Their story was
Play Book Tag: A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas -- 3 stars 6 20 Jul 07, 2019 12:14PM
Scholars 2 9 Jan 18, 2019 10:53AM
Unapologetic Roma...: Kleypas, Lisa // A Wallflower Christmas 2 16 Nov 28, 2018 09:40PM

• The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)
  • Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #1)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • The Sum of All Kisses (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #3)
  • No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)

Wallflowers (4 books)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)
“The letter had been crumpled up and tossed onto the grate. It had burned all around the edges, so the names at the top and bottom had gone up in smoke. But there was enough of the bold black scrawl to reveal that it had indeed been a love letter. And as Hannah read the singed and half-destroyed parchment, she was forced to turn away to hide the trembling of her hand.

—should warn you that this letter will not be eloquent. However, it will be sincere, especially in light of the fact that you will never read it. I have felt these words like a weight in my chest, until I find myself amazed that a heart can go on beating under such a burden.

I love you. I love you desperately, violently, tenderly, completely. I want you in ways that I know you would find shocking. My love, you don't belong with a man like me. In the past I've done things you wouldn't approve of, and I've done them ten times over. I have led a life of immoderate sin. As it turns out, I'm just as immoderate in love. Worse, in fact.

I want to kiss every soft place of you, make you blush and faint, pleasure you until you weep, and dry every tear with my lips. If you only knew how I crave the taste of you. I want to take you in my hands and mouth and feast on you. I want to drink wine and honey from you.

I want you under me. On your back.

I'm sorry. You deserve more respect than that. But I can't stop thinking of it. Your arms and legs around me. Your mouth, open for my kisses. I need too much of you. A lifetime of nights spent between your thighs wouldn't be enough.

I want to talk with you forever. I remember every word you've ever said to me.

You would say it's too soon to feel this way. You would ask how I could be so certain. But some things can't be measured by time. Ask me an hour from now. Ask me a month from now. A year, ten years, a lifetime. The way I love you will outlast every calendar, clock, and every toll of every bell that will ever be cast. If only you—

And there it stopped.”