Start by marking “A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #4.5)

A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers #4.5)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  15,330 Ratings  ·  1,148 Reviews
It’s Christmas time in London and Rafe Bowman has arrived from America for his arranged meeting with Natalie Blandford, the very proper and beautiful daughter of Lady and Lord Blandford. His chiseled good looks and imposing physique are sure to impress the lady-in-waiting, and if it weren’t for his shocking American ways and wild reputation, her hand would already be guara ...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by St. Martin's Press (first published October 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Wallflower Christmas, please sign up.

Yvonne Ramée DeBor Yes!'ll adore the cast of characters. I'm waiting for the 1st in the series to come in to my library as I ordered it today...can't wait!

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Meh I might have liked it more if our hero Rafe wasn't courting and kissing the heroine's cousin all the while falling in love and making out with the heroine. Uh yeah I'm just not okay with that! I did like seeing all the other wallflowers which is why I gave the book 2 stars instead of 1.
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Absolutely wonderful.

This was a very lovely read. I immensely enjoyed this love story of Raff and Hannah. I swooned all over Raff and found Hannah really adorable. Not only did we get the romance between this couple, but also a little bit of the other four wallflowers and her men's sweet times together.

There were many beautiful moments that made me feel light-hearted and brought a big smile to my face. And there were some heartbreaking ones as well. Lisa Kleypas always delivers such great d
Aug 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
What more can be said about this sweet, passionate book that hasn't already been said? With over 150 reviews here at GR and over 1,000 ratings (Am I the last person on Earth to read this book?), I'm sure just about every view has been expressed already. But I might as well throw my two cents in too, maybe I'll come up with something everyone else missed (highly doubtful).:)

First of all, this is one of my favorite series ever. I don't read a whole lot of historicals, but I have been a fan of LK f
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Dec 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lisa Kleypas fans, Fans of Victorian holiday romance
Ah, how does Lisa Kleypas do it? I think I have Lisa Kleypas romance receptors in my brain. She always knows how to hit my satiety centers. I had heard complaints that this was too short. It was perfect for me. I loved how we got updates and interludes with the Wallflowers, we were able to see the incredible, enduring friendships between Annabelle, Lillian, Evie, and Daisy. It was also great seeing the Wallflowers interact with their husbands, and to see how deleriously happy each of them were i ...more
Apr 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: East, Isis, anyone who enjoys the Wallflowers
Quote ...

"Standing from the bath, Evie dried herself and donned a velvet robe that buttoned along the front. She heard the door open again. "Back to w-warm the bed?" she asked.
But the voice that answered wasn't the maid's.
"As a matter of fact ... yes."
Evie stilled at the sound of the deep, silky murmur.
"I passed the maid on the stairs and told her she wouldn't be needed tonight," he continued. "'If there's one thing I do well,' I told her, 'it's warming my wife's bed.'"

*sigh* St. Vincent onl
Meh.... I maybe should have quit after St. Vincent's book because it went downhill from there.

Rafe, Lillian's brother, was supposed to be the hero of this book as he falls for Hannah - the cousin of the girl he's betrothed to. The problem was, I didn't really like him. I understand that he had a tough childhood and crappy parents, but it doesn't excuse some of the things he did. And, it all happened too fast. Insta-love, Victorian style.

So, Rafe meets Hannah, Lady Natalie's poor cousin, so that
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Jan 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Lovers

Rafe Bowman has come all the way from America to England to spend Christmas at Stony Cross Park and to meet his future bride, Lady Natalie Blanford. The marriage was arranged by their parents, but Rafe isn’t quite convinced that this method of finding one’s wife is the best of ideas. There’s also the rub that his father has threatened to disinherit Rafe if he doesn’t agree to the match. But still, Rafe wants to meet her, get to know her and then decide if the marriage is to his advantage.

Lady Na
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sandra by: Paula
Shelves: historical
Heartwarming, lovely romance with hero Rafe Bowman planning on marrying one girl (Natalie) but falling in love with another (Hannah Appleton).

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I loved Rafe, he was sexy, handsome, and charming. He was Lillian and Daisy's brother from America. The Bowman's made their fortune from a soap-manufacturing business and it is being arranged (by their families) that Rafe marry Natalie (Rafe's father is really pushing the marriage.) Rafe finds Natalie pleasing and thinks the
5 stars – Historical Romance

This is a sweet, charming, and romantic conclusion to the wonderful, enchanting Wallflowers series. I just didn't want this series to ever end. I really hope Lisa Kleypas revisits these beloved characters again someday.
God, I love Lisa Kleypas!

Revisiting all the wallflowers was just perfect. I loved this series and was utterly pleased with Rafe's story. He was a sexy and smoldering beast of a man who hid behind his debauchery and I loved it! I loved Hannah as well, she was such a strong and soothing presence for Rafe and I was so glad that the girl behind the scenes stole his heart rather than that intended for him.
As with all of LK's work, she writes with passion and intelligence, humor and precision. Giving
Oct 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Kleypas' Wallflower series
I think this is one of the fastest books I've ever read! You’re turning the pages so quickly that suddenly it’s the end and you wish it would have continued after the epilogue –which was very sweet.

It was a good story overall, nice to see the Wallflowers again, but I'd have liked to have seen more of them. Each Wallflower has about two pages or so just for her and her hubby and you get that warm nostalgic feel for the previous books in the series. Personally I loved St Vincent and Evie and Lill
Yomi M.
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely read, I do wish the epilogue were longer since it seems this is the last book in the series. I'm still intrigued by Lillian and Daisy's other brothers, I wish we had met them.
Marisa Sauco
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dulce, ingeniosa y divertida.
Perfecta para cerrar la serie "Wallflowers".
Me despido de estas historias preciosas y de estos personajes adorables con una gran sonrisa. ❤
Mar 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-time
She made him want to be very, very bad.

I loved that we got to spend more time with my favorite wallflowers and their spouses, it was definitely my favorite part of this book.

If only I could visit you as a foreigner goes into a new country, learn the language of you, wander past all borders into every private and secret place, I would stay forever. I would become a citizen of you.

Finally we got to meet one of Lillian and Daisy’s brothers. Rafe Bowman has come to England on business and to

Grecia Robles
Hasta pronto mis queridas Wallflowers!!

Esta historia pudo ser más, al ser un libro tan corto no se alcanza a desarrollar bien el romance entre los protagonistas de hecho hasta el final es cuando lo vemos y es todo apresurado, pero es una buena historia para cerrar esta serie que he adorado.
Mi parte favorita es cuando sale Sebastián, yo suspiro de amor cada vez que sale, se ilumina la habitación.
Al final podemos ver como la vida les sonríe a las wallflowers y como le ha ido en su vida, Daisy cons
Maria Sol
Super tierno!! Adoré a Hannah y Rafe!!
Este libro es justo lo que necesitamos esos que siempre queremos un poquito más de nuestros personajes favoritos!
Oct 15, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
It's kinda funny, as much as I enjoyed the original Wallflowers series, I probably would have waited a while to buy this book. But with everyone talking about it, anxiously waiting for its release, I got caught up. So I had to go buy it the day it got out ;) I enjoyed the book quite a bit, though, so it was worth the hardcover price.

This book introduces a relative of two of the original Wallflowers, Rafe Bowman - who is one of Lillian and Daisy's brothers. He's been at odds with his father all h
Duchess Nicole
For a short(er) story, this felt complete. Not only do we get to know the eldest Bowman brother, but we get a lot of insight into the rest of the wallflowers and their husbands. Not just tiny snippets, either. They each get a significant shout out, and because I've come to know them all so well, this was just wonderful. I kept getting lumps in my throat. Sooo glad Ms. Kleypas decided to dig a little deeper with them!

Aside from that, Rafe and Hannah's story also felt like a full novel though it w
Nuria Llop
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Última entrega de la saga Wallflowers y que me quedaba por leer. Después de leer el primer libro de los Ravenel me ha faltado tiempo para buscar más Kleypas. "Una navidad inolvidable" es una novela corta con el encanto delicioso de las que le preceden y con esos detalles románticos mezclados con los toques de humor tan propios de la autora. La pareja protagonista atrapa pronto y quizá me sobran algunas intervenciones del resto de las Florero, pero entiendo que la autora las incluya para intentar ...more
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
A Christmas love story isn't usually this heavy. And again Lillian and her issues ruined it almost completely. I liked Rafe Bowman a lot, but Hannah took her sweet time to show why I should like her.

Still, it would have been a lovely story if Lillian's insecurity regarding her husband hadn't reared its ugly head. There wasn't a single reason why that should be in a story like this. The moment that happened, even if it does not actually play any role whatsoever (to be fair), I lost my interest a
Julie (jjmachshev)
Aug 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
Fans of Lisa Kleypas' 'Wallflower' series will surely jump for joy when they pick up "A Wallflower Christmas". Even though the Wallflowers are secondary characters, they're still enough of a presence to provide quick vignettes on their current lives and loves. This is a fairly short book at only 213 pages, but still has plenty of steam.

Lillian's brother Rafe is recently arrived from America and, of course, his father has selected his bride. Rafe doesn't really care, he'll marry the woman his fat
Kimberly Carrington-Fox
Lisa Kleypas, te lo podrías haber ahorrado. No es que sea una castaña sino que, al ser tan breve, la historia principal se queda coja, desarrollada demasiado rápido, y es una pena porque los protas son muy monosos y podrían haber tenido su libro sin ningún problema, tal vez el inicio de una nueva serie.
Eso sí, mola ver cómo están nuestras wallflowers, tan bien asentaditas. Qué queréis que os diga, que ha sido salir Sebastian St. Vicent y se me han pegado las enaguas a la lámpara. Para mí, lo mej
samantha  (books-are-my-life20)
Who could not like this book? All the Wallflowers back helping a woman obtain love!!
Finally! I have managed to read the final book in Lisa Kleypas' popular “Wallflower” series, “A Wallflower Christmas!” The Wallflowers (Evie, Daisy, Lillian and Annabelle) are back and this time they are on a mission to set up Lillian and Daisy's older brother, Rafe Bowman with the attractive and rich Natalie Blandford. Will they succeed? Read this extremely memorable and exciting conclusion to the “Wallflower” series to find out!

Rafe Bowman, oldest son of Thomas and Mercedes Bowman and older br
Estefanía Cantoral
Es corta pero concluye el universo de las chicas florero. Es verdad que la historia de amor no es tan intensa como las demás pero me deja con un buen sabor de boca y te da un final más redondo para cada una de ellas. Si se imprime que la autora le da un aire navideño pfff mucho mejor. De esta saga me agradaría ver una buena adaptación en pantalla.
Lady Heather
Mar 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance, luvvas of Lisa Kleypas, Wallflowers fans
First read April 1-3, 2010

Second read March 26-27, 2013

I have 'upped' my rating of this book from a 4 star to a 5 star rating. I enjoyed reading this story way more than I initially did the first time.

Once again Thomas Bowman is making incredulous demands on his children, this time they are on his oldest child Raphael (Rafe).
Rafe is to marry a certain Lady Blandford, and finally settle down from his 'rakish' ways. He must also do this in order for him to get his father's approval, his portion of
Reread on 11/26/12. My vote for Best Christmas Romance!
Reread on 12/24/14. Perfection.
Reread on 12/6/15. Stands the test of time.

A Wallflower Christmas was the PERFECT way to begin this holiday season. It put me in the Christmas spirit and really was "the icing on top of the cake" of the wallflower series! I have loved this series. Annabelle, Lillian, Evie, and Daisy all are special in their own ways, and now we add Hannah to the mix.....oh how I love Lisa Kleypas.

Rafe is Lillian and Daisy's
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2,5 a 3

Con este libro he finalizado esta saga que me ha encantado. La trama muy sencilla y menos elaborada que en los anteriores libros, aquí parece el hermano mayor ,Rafe Bowman, un caradura entrañable, va a Inglaterra con la intención de casarse con una noble inglesa pero las cosas no salen como están planificadas. La historia amorosa se entrelaza con las apariciones de nuestras "amigas" las Floreros y podemos ver como le va con sus respectivas parejas y ya sólo por eso vale la pena leer el li
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
**4.5 Enchanting Stars**

This is the final book in Lisa Kleypas’ Wallflowers series. Engaging, witty, romantic and passionate, it was the perfect start to my Christmas reading.

Rafe is such an irresistable combination…handsome, sexy, funny and irreverent…an adorable rogue. It is easy to see why he falls hard for Hannah. She is very different from the women he has known…intelligent, honest and kind, but not afraid to speak her mind. At first, Hannah dislikes the brash American but gradually she see
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
  • Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3)
  • And Then He Kissed Her (Girl Bachelors, #1)
  • The Last Hellion (Scoundrels, #4)
  • The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)
  • London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2)
  • The Truth About Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #1)
More about Lisa Kleypas...

Wallflowers (4 books)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)
  • Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Sing: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy #2)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
“The letter had been crumpled up and tossed onto the grate. It had burned all around the edges, so the names at the top and bottom had gone up in smoke. But there was enough of the bold black scrawl to reveal that it had indeed been a love letter. And as Hannah read the singed and half-destroyed parchment, she was forced to turn away to hide the trembling of her hand.

—should warn you that this letter will not be eloquent. However, it will be sincere, especially in light of the fact that you will never read it. I have felt these words like a weight in my chest, until I find myself amazed that a heart can go on beating under such a burden.

I love you. I love you desperately, violently, tenderly, completely. I want you in ways that I know you would find shocking. My love, you don't belong with a man like me. In the past I've done things you wouldn't approve of, and I've done them ten times over. I have led a life of immoderate sin. As it turns out, I'm just as immoderate in love. Worse, in fact.

I want to kiss every soft place of you, make you blush and faint, pleasure you until you weep, and dry every tear with my lips. If you only knew how I crave the taste of you. I want to take you in my hands and mouth and feast on you. I want to drink wine and honey from you.

I want you under me. On your back.

I'm sorry. You deserve more respect than that. But I can't stop thinking of it. Your arms and legs around me. Your mouth, open for my kisses. I need too much of you. A lifetime of nights spent between your thighs wouldn't be enough.

I want to talk with you forever. I remember every word you've ever said to me.

You would say it's too soon to feel this way. You would ask how I could be so certain. But some things can't be measured by time. Ask me an hour from now. Ask me a month from now. A year, ten years, a lifetime. The way I love you will outlast every calendar, clock, and every toll of every bell that will ever be cast. If only you—

And there it stopped.”