Start by marking “The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)

The Royal Treatment

(Princess for Hire #2)

What girl wouldn't swoon over the outrageous perks in Desi's life as a princess substitute? Desi gets to hang out with crush-worthy Prince Karl, and the Faade agency has taken a special interest in her magical abilities. But between sub training, starting the eighth grade, "and "dealing with the cute-but-bossy new boy Reed, ""she's beginning to feel like she's in over her ...more
Published May 3rd 2011 by Disney-Hyperion

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
1,155 books — 7,134 voters
Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Graceful Ice Princess by Rachel Renée RussellDouble Dork Diaries by Rachel Renée RussellTales from a Not-So-Smart Miss Know-It-All by Rachel Renée Russell
7th grade
154 books — 94 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
Crys
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved every page of this book.

Lindsey Leavitt brings Desi Bascomb back as our favorite princess substitute.

She is advancing to Level Two at Facade, working on BEST (Betterment of Elite Sub Training) in order to complete them to everyone's satisfaction. With this comes more sophisticated jobs. That's not all Desi is doing. She is starring as Titania in the school's production of Midsummer Night's Dream; she is dealing with her crush for Karl; she is dealing with her mother coaching and helpin
April
Oct 09, 2011 rated it liked it
The Royal Treatment by Lindsey Levitt is the second book in the Princess For Hire series. Desi Bascomb has been promoted to level 2 at Facade, the princess substitute agency. When she puts on the royal rouge via a magical compact, Desi is transformed into the girl she’s subbing for due to her MP aka magic potential. However, Desi’s side job is a big secret. Her family and friends don’t know and Desi wants to keep it that way.

Read the rest of my review here
Nisa
Oct 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
You know a book is good when 1. You can't put it down. 2. You laugh out loud and squeal with delight throughout and 3. You rush to goodreads so you can write a raving review of this uber-fantastic piece of fiction. The first book was a fun read, but Leavitt outdid herself with this one.

Top 3 things I love: Desi doesn't HAVE to get the guy she crushes on. She crushes and then she realizes that her crushes might not be the best for her. 2. It's totally girly. I'm not really into fashion, make-up
Michelle Stimpson
Magical

Normally I don't love the second book in a series, but this one is every bit as good as the first. Team Desi!
Michelle Stimpson
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: local-authors
Typically, I don't read series because the second book almost never lives up to the first. This book, however, does and makes you want to launch straight into the third. Team Desi Forever!
Kailia
Jul 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Lindsey Leavitt has easily become one of my favorite authors. I loved Princess for Hire, the first book of this series and I was excited when I heard that book two was coming out and I really wanted to read it. After receiving an ARC, I read it and loved it. The Royal Treatment left me wanting more of Desi and Reed and Meredith.

The Royal Treatment begins some time later after Princess for Hire. Desi has a lot more on her mind than she did before she got her job. She’s gets a part in Midsummer’s
Erin (Bookish in a Box)
May 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Royal Treatment is a wonderful addition to the Princess for Hire series by Lindsey Leavitt. The sequel is as endearing and engaging as the first and further develops Desi Bascomb's character and employment.

While the first, Princess for Hire, was pure enjoyment due to Desi's adventures as a princess, the second explores Desi's feelings about Facade's control of Magic Potential and shows Desi's maturation as a teenage girl and as a substitute princess. I wasn't sure how I felt about that at fi
Bethany Huang
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of fairy-tale retellings

I had very high expectations for this book-and I was NOT disappointed. Starting off with the same girlie approach, Desi is in the high school music room that Kylee snuck her into so she could practice her violin since it's her "musical dream". The truth is nowhere near that. She's actually preparing her BEST (Betterment of Elite Sub Training- "These people loved their acronyms" ) for another princess as she rises up to level two.

Once I opened this book (or rather, e-book) I just couldn't stop.
Alice
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I sort of figured out that Reed was a Prince Sub when they were at the rollerskating rink and Reed had to suddenly leave because he "had to go to work" even though he was already at work in the skating rink.
I loved it when Desi saw Reed with a manual after the play and they found out that they were both working for Facade. It was also cute when Reed said a line from a movie that Prince Karl had quoted, in the first book, to princess Elsa.

Quote from last page of the book:

"Fine. How about..." He
Sara
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Princess for Hire series The Royal Treatment picks up with Desi auditioning for A Midsummer Night's Dream at the high school. In her substitute princess life Desi steps into working for level two princesses and learns more about the politics and inner workings of the agency. Desi has to figure out her conflicting feelings for a certain young prince and a fellow actor.

This book is fun cute and romantic. Like the first in the series it reads like a Disney TV movie. Desi is
Danyelle Leafty
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bookshelf-2011
I love Desi, and this book was even better than the first. Lindsey Leavitt is definitely one of the names on my "If it's got their name on it, buy it" list. I love that the stakes have risen and that Desi is going to have some very hard decisions to be making soon. The last two pages had an awesome twist that changed some of the nuances in the first book. I loved how the two books fit together, and can't wait for the third!
Victoria
Nov 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, fantasy
<3 i loved this! it was so much better than the first one in my opinion. Reed is amazing and...yeah he's just amazing. I'm not gonna say anything else about him except: Really Lindsey?! Way to leave me hanging! Can't wait for the next book! :) ...more
Jessie
May 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am loving this series now, especially since my prediction from the first book came true!
Emily Wilderman
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book I'd rate it ten stars if I could
Isha Shahid
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love this series! They're cute, quirky books perfect for tweens. This book was fun, light-hearted and enjoyable and I'd definitely recommend, although they're probably younger than what I normally read nowadays. I picked up the first book and read it when I was about eight or nine, and instantly fell in love with it. I think one of the reasons I rate it so well is that it's one of the series which first got me really into reading. I spent ages looking for the other books in the series, but cou ...more
Kate  Maxwell
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Cute second in the series and left me wanting more. Can't wait to read the next book.
Shanice
Mar 26, 2017 marked it as to-read
Erica Dutton
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The book was pretty good overall, but It was hard to find which book was first in the series.
Danni
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
fun. I just finished a series.
M.T. DeSantis
That moment when you read the first book in a series and think "that was cute. I'll read the next one." And then the next one knocks your socks off. Yeah, that moment!
Lenni Jones
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Princess for Hire was good. The Royal Treatment? AWESOME!!! I loved this book and I REALLY love Reed. I is so excited to read book three! This one got a 4.5 because the whole time stops thing is just too unbelievable. But besides that, everything else was perfect and this series is a must read for every girl who wishes they could be a princess.
Small Review
Rewind

Ok, so here’s the thing: Desi? I didn’t like her all that much in Princess for Hire. She was ok, but her bratty “I’m going to impact the princesses’ lives and consequences be damned!” kick was really starting to bug me. I mean, ok, maybe I’m an old fogey, but I just wanted her to buckle down and listen to her elders because it was only through the grace of author convenience that Desi managed to not only get away with her antics scott free, but she also had the exact desired consequence h
Azeza
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chicklit
Lauren
Nov 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalleybooks
After the adorable and Disneyesque Princess for Hire, I couldn't wait to read more about Desi and her future princess shenanigans. Luckily, The Royal Treatment, the action packed sequel, delivered exactly what I wanted: a sweet and quick read for a lazy day.

The Royal Treatment picks up a few months after Princess for Hire left off. In that time, Desi has been quickly freshening up on details she'll need for her next assignment such as public speaking and European courtly dances. After a few mon
Gecky Boz
Apr 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book gets a royal 5 out of 5 gnomes for having Desi, a great strong-willed character with just the right amount of sarcasm and a story that will keep you guessing.

I love the magic, the mystery, and of course the traveling by bubble. I think anyone who has ever watched The Wizard of Oz has wondered what it would feel like to travel around in a bubble like Glinda. This form or travel does seem pretty glamorous but I think I'd be terrified of being in the bubble while it popped.

After the troub
Alex
WARNING: This review might contain spoilers about Princess for Hire.

At First Sight: It has been a few weeks since Desi Bascomb became a sub - a substitute princess, as in the person who steps in whenever a royal needs a time out -and she's eagerly awaiting her first assignment as a Level Two sub. Meanwhile, she's trying to improve her princessy skills, like learning to play a musical instrument (which she kind of sucks at) or learning to speak in public.

She's also trying out for the school play
Stephanie
Oct 22, 2010 rated it liked it
This was a cute series – glad I finished it. Even though it seemed like one of those fluff books you read during the summer just to pass some time, there were some key life lessons to be learned in this series. The most important one was to do what was right despite circumstances and ignore all the pressure to do otherwise.

I liked Desi – I thought she was cute and a decent main character. I guess due to the large age gap between her and me, there were a few instances where I didn’t really under
Rachel
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute story. I love the idea behind it, it's Cinderella's fairy godmother with a modern twist. It's fun to read about Desi's adventures as different princesses as well as her normal life. The ending was so great, very well done.
Bookworm1858
YA; Contemporary; Magic
4.5/5 stars

Source: Library

Spoilers!

After loving Princess for Hire, of course I had to get my hands on a copy of the sequel as soon as I could. And yet again, Leavitt leaves me smiling after finishing another delightful book authored by her! Seriously I love her writing so much-Desi seems so real, the snarkiness level is amusing, and the relationships are super sweet.

At the end of Princess for Hire Desi was
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrenyalit
The Royal Treatment is a great follow up for Princess for Hire. In the first book, Desi showed Facade Agency that her unique approach to princess subbing really helped the princesses. She wasn't just a look-alike, act-alike substitute. Rather, she used her MP (magic potential) to feel out what the princesses really wanted and needed and made decisions that they weren't brave enough to make on their own. Unconventional for Facade, but it ended up being enough to promote Desi to Level 2.

This book
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1)
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • Ever
  • Just One Wish
  • Secondhand Charm
  • Forest Born (The Books of Bayern, #4)
  • A Posse of Princesses
  • Princess of Glass (The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy, #2)
  • Buns (Hudson Valley, #3)
  • Fyre (Septimus Heap, #7)
  • Syren (Septimus Heap, #5)
  • Zia (Island of the Blue Dolphins, #2)
  • The Dragon Who Loved Me (Dragon Kin, #5)
  • Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
  • Darke (Septimus Heap, #6)
  • Physik (Septimus Heap, #3)
  • Princess Ben
  • Epic Fail
Lindsey Leavitt is a former elementary school teacher and present-day writer/mom/party animal. She lives with her family in the rocky mountains. She is the author of the COMMANDER IN CHEESE series, THE PAGES BETWEEN US series (Co-written with Robin Mellom) SEAN GRISWOLD’S HEAD, GOING VINTAGE, THE CHAPEL WARS, and the PRINCESS FOR HIRE series.

Princess for Hire (3 books)
  • Princess for Hire (Princess for Hire, #1)
  • A Farewell to Charms (Princess for Hire, #3)