Start by marking “Dragon Warrior” as Want to Read:
Dragon Warrior

Dragon Warrior

Dragon warrior Kestrel Grey fought the vampire horde for centuries without suffering an injury, until a devastating battle landed him in the care of empath and healer Sparrow Rose. Curing Kestrel was Sparrow's chance to prove herself and save the man she had admired for years--but innocent Sparrow wasn't ready for the powerful desire that overtook them as part of the
Published July 1st 2010 by Harlequin Nocturne Bites (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Warrior

Start your review of Dragon Warrior
Aug 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is the short story before Shadow of the Vampire and I really enjoyed seeing Sparrow and Kestrel, but it was too short.

I love that Kestrel has a prosthetic because so often it's hard to have a disabled hero, let alone a disabled dragon shifter. His leg is taken by a silver battle ax (silver is deadly to the dragons) courtesy of a horde vampire. Sparrow is a healer, like her father before her. She is nothing like the mad scientist he was though...or is she?

When she can't heal the Captain's
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Jul 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-fun
Meagan Hatfield is definitely on top and one of my favorite authors. I just love her writing.

Dragon Warrior takes place before Shadow of The Vampire and tells the story of Kestrel and Sparrow aka "Doc." In such a short story you get so much. Everything falls right into place and you can't help but fall in love with Kestrel and Sparrow. She is so sweet and innocent and he is a warrior with a lot of responsibility.

The chemistry between the two felt real. Another great story by Meagan Hatfield. I
Tara SG
Aug 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-kindle
* * *

In Six Words

perfect start to the #doinitdirty read-a-thon

Why did I read this? And am I glad I did?

I read and really enjoyed Shadow of the Vampire. Ever since then, I’ve been looking for more from this series. Much like the other novella, it didn’t compare. While I still loved the characters and it definitely sizzled, the plot was lacking girth. That being said, it got me in the #doinitdiry mindset and had me jumping straight into a Shadow of the Vampire reread.
Brandi Salazar
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read Shadow of the Vampire before and absolutely loved it, so I was excited to read Dragon Warrior. As a short story it packs a lot of punch and Meagan Hatfield doesn't disappoint. The characters were, of course, well-developed and incredibly strong and sexy leaving the reader with the tiny flutters and heart palpitations her characters feel. She draws you into the dragon's lair from the start and weaves a tale of love that overcomes all. The back story takes a backseat to the relationship, ...more
Aubrey Sanders
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love it! I wish there were more in the series! Meghan Hatfield has created a really solid world here and I'd love to get more books about the different characters. Shadow of the Vampire is another really good one by her, involves the same world. I would really like to get a book with Tallon and Griffin, but would also like to see Falcon get a happy ending.
Kerris
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Tak jo, kdybych to nemusela prekladat, tak to asi nikdy nectu... Nicmene. No. Tahle autorka me hodne mate, protoze chvilemi se mi zda, jako kdyby ji z textu unikl nekam do pryc cely odstavec. Ale co jsem koukala, tak vetsina lidi si od ni chvali knihu, co jsem jeste necetla a nadava na ty dve, co jsem cetla... Takze. Jeste ji nebudu zatracovat :D
Wanda M.
Aug 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love Meagan Hatfield's work and I really enjoyed this. It gave us another look at in the world of Dragons. I hope that she goes deeper in to the Dragon/vampire lore. She has so many great characters that would be fun to explore.
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Had to dock .5 points because it was too damn short!!!
What A tease!!! Can't wait to get to Shadow of the Vampire!!!

Angie
Just wish it had been longer and you got to know more about their world.
Lizzielvr
Aug 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Good prequel to Shadow of the Vampire!
Robbin
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, shifters
Annette
Aug 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. I've been waiting a long time to read this book. This story is amazing :D
Tegan Violet Delderfield
Dragon warrior

I felt this a great adventure gripping and full of emotion and plenty of action .yet another intelligent read I enjoyed it
Tanya
Feb 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
yet another great novella by Meagan =) Now I just have to wait for her next book in this mouth watering series. Love her dragon warriors. Declan is still my fav (Shadow of the Vampire)
Deea (Andreea)
Jul 31, 2012
Tanya
Sep 12, 2012
MJ
rated it did not like it
May 15, 2014
Apr 16, 2013
lorraine
Nov 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Case of the Left-Handed Lady (Enola Holmes, #2)
  • The Doughnut King (The Doughnut Fix #2)
  • The Dragon Warrior
  • Counting by 7s
  • Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
  • Mrs.Frisby and the Rats of NIMH: A Study Guide
  • The Doughnut Fix (The Doughnut Fix #1)
  • Everything You Need to Ace Math in One Big Fat Notebook: The Complete Middle School Study Guide
  • Cowboy and the Captive (Cowboys and Captives, #1)
  • Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17)
  • The Spaniard's Untouched Bride (Brides of Innocence #1)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • The Medici Lover
  • Whisper of Sin (Psy-Changeling, #0.75)
  • The Virgin's Debt to Pay
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
Meagan Hatfield currently writes dark paranormal romances for HQN & Nocturne. When she's not hovered over her laptop (writing, not Tweeting of course) you can find Meagan shakin' it in Zumba class where she teaches seven classes a week.