Start by marking “Spirit of the Home: How to Make Your Home a Sanctuary” as Want to Read:
Spirit of the Home: How to Make Your Home a Sanctuary

Spirit of the Home: How to Make Your Home a Sanctuary

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Spirit of the Home is a wonderful guide to creating your own sacred space and sanctuary and discovering peace and tranquillity.
Paperback
Published September 15th 1998 by Thorsons Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Spirit of the Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirit of the Home

Andrea Marley
A lovely book about how to make your home a sacred space. I attempted the energy clearing method suggested in the book this morning, and can feel a calmness.

Unfortunately, the second half of the book has to do with Feng Shui, a subject I am not entirely interested in. I did however, find much historical and spiritual insight. I learned about Greek gods and goddesses of the home and how to balance their energy to create harmony and comfort.

With some effort, your home can be a true respite from t
Juliette Morris Williams
I've always been curious about feng shui, especially about the flow of chi through living spaces. Many of the books are stale and not things I'm interested in reading (try this! Spice up your life by doing this!). This book shows how to create energy flow within the home and shows beautiful photographic examples as well. I'm still enjoying (well, I do love good picture books!).
Lavonne
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my "go to" book when I feel like decluttering, creating space for a specific task or activity, changing some aspect of our home that's a bit out of sync, or just plain need direction with color, etc. Although my version of the book is a 1998 edition, it is still appropriate - you just need to consider the effect that technology plays in our daily lives. I am about to loan it to my daughter who will soon be living in her own space by herself for the first time (you can't count a single co ...more
DDog
Mar 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great look at some of the physical things we can do to make our houses homes. It's divided into sections that walk you through decluttering your house, creating treasure maps to find your dream house, a very bare bones intro to feng shui, tips on talking to your house and feeling the energy of rooms, ways to bring varied sensual experiences into your environment, and generally getting things sorted so you can truly live in your home.

It's got a bit of woo-woo but there's plenty pr
Lia
Jun 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you find certain aspects of feng shui hokey (as I do), this book is for you. It offers a pastiche of theories and philosophies about the energy flow in a room. It addresses color, texture, scent, and more. It also has great pictures.
Shumei
Oct 12, 2008 rated it liked it
how to connect to your home with the lost art of 'home-making',
Erica
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The pictures are beautiful and the book is full of great tips on how to make your house feel like a home.
Hannah
Jul 28, 2011 added it
Lovely book that gives basic theory of Feng Shui.
Amy
Feb 28, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Just a started. Has some good points so far, curious to see where it takes me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
I am the author of over twenty books on natural health, holistic living and spirituality. I am passionate about seasonal living, fitness, yoga, meditation, dreamwork and shamanism.

I am lucky enough to live in a beautiful and wild part of the UK, surrounded by nature.
More about Jane Alexander...