Start by marking “Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman: Proverbs 31” as Want to Read:
Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman: Proverbs 31

Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman: Proverbs 31 (Woman After God's Own Heart Bible Study Series)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  69 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
For many women, the Proverbs 31 woman is too perfect. But in reality, she is an ordinary woman who made herself available to an extraordinary God--and became a tremendous blessing to everyone around her. "Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman" reveals how women can let God work through them by...discerning the true priorities in lifecultivating character qualities val ...more
Published March 1st 2003 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman

Janelle
I read this about 12 years ago with a group of other ladies. They all seemed to enjoy it, but I wasn't so sure, though I didn't express my feelings at the time. After thinking about the book in the following months I realised that the material in it was more of a reflection of the Protestant work ethic and American culture than the Biblical message on women. I did get something out of the book, hence the two stars, but I have avoided anything else by this author ever since.
W
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-read, abandoned
NOTE: Our Bible study group agreed to abandon this one about 3/4 of the way through

Do you know where Dorothy Johnson was when she went to heaven to meet her Lord face to face? She was in her favorite chair, with her table lamp lit... crocheting during yet another evening alone. She was thinking of others, doing for others, and, knowing Dorothy, probably praying for others as she worked with her hands.

The author of this book works one by one through each verse of Proverbs 31 in order to constru
Chelsea DeVries
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a much needed reminder of all I am striving for. Sometimes circumstances and the way people treat us can and will get us down or make us cruel. This book reminded me that I must look at them with the eyes of God, showing them mercy and kindness even when I don't think they deserve it because that is what God did. I hope one day to be a living example to those around me of the Proverbs 31 woman but I sure have a long way to go, and am grateful that God is with me every step of the w ...more
Lindsey Smith
I am more than thrilled to be done with this book. I debated about giving it two stars, but there is some good content, which is why I assigned three. I have read quite a few Elizabeth George books and they were ALL excellent. When I got together a group of women for a Bible study, I decided to use this without reading it first. Big mistake I will not make again. I feel like we have been on this book forever. Although there are many good points, they are made so often that they become redundant ...more
Nikki Wilson
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By far my favorite line of study guides. This study guide was perfect. Questions, sections & overall content was very well planned and executed. It looked at Proverbs 31 and slowly worked through it so I got a very good in depth study of what it means to live as a Proverbs 31 woman. This particular study guide was easy to put down and pick up while still retaining the info (which is needed with small kids)!
Marci Sutmiller
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The study was good. It did seem repetitive and less interesting toward the end. Also even though I am a woman who stays at home even I found some of this book to be a little too traditional at times. But overall you take what you want from the book and I enjoyed it.
Kirstin Viland
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very well written... the only thing I didn't like was how short of time it took to do each lesson...
Larissa Langsather
Repetitive but perfect for the woman on the go...not too long and sticks with you.
Tiffany
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book should have been much shorter. We were miserable in the study group until it was finally over.
Yolanda
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished this little gem yesterday. I used it for my daily quiet time and just devoured it! I always love her studies!
Lilly Gollihur
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great practical guidance on how anyone can strive to be like the Proverbs 31 women in todays world.
Rachel
Jan 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful, beautiful Bible study that any woman (young or older) should go through. :)
Eva Maria
Feb 04, 2012
Becky Gorga
Jun 28, 2013
Brandi
rated it did not like it
May 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Becoming a Titus 2 Woman
  • Tasha Tudor's Heirloom Crafts
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • How to Study the Bible for Yourself
  • A Place of Quiet Rest: Finding Intimacy With God Through a Daily Devotional Life
  • Be Mature (James): Growing Up in Christ
  • Becoming a Woman of Faith
  • Home Education
  • A Woman's Secret to a Balanced Life: Finding God's Refreshing Priorities for You
  • The Women's Devotional Guide to the Bible: A One-Year Plan for Studying, Praying, and Responding to God's Word
  • Courageous Generosity: A Bible Study for Women on Heroic Sacrifice
  • Praying God's Will For Your Life: A Prayerful Walk To Spiritual Well Being
  • I Really Want to Change...So, Help Me God
  • Do It Afraid! : Obeying God in the Face of Fear
  • You Can Have a Happy Family: Steps to Enjoying Your Marriage and Children
  • You Matter More Than You Think: What A Woman Needs To Know About The Difference She Makes
  • The Mother's Mite: Why Even Our Smallest Efforts Matter
  • My Father's Business: 30 Inspirational Stories for Discerning and Doing Gods Will
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...

Woman After God's Own Heart Bible Study Series (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Putting On a Gentle  Quiet Spirit: 1 Peter
  • Pursuing Godliness: 1 Timothy
  • Nurturing a Heart of Humility: The Life of Mary
  • Understanding Your Blessings in Christ: Ephesians
  • Walking in God's Promises: Character Studies: Sarah
  • Living with Passion and Purpose: Luke (Woman After God's Own Heart)