Start by marking “Messages from Beyond” as Want to Read:
Messages from Beyond

Messages from Beyond (Night Fall #5)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Some guy named Ethan Davis has been texting Cassie. He seems to know all about her--but she can't place him. He's not in Bridgewater High's yearbook either. Cassie thinks one of her friends is punking her. But she can't ignore the strange coincidences―like how Ethan looks just like the guy in her nightmares.

Cassie's search for Ethan leads her to a shocking discovery―and a
Published August 1st 2010 by Darby Creek Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Messages from Beyond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Messages from Beyond

☞Luis ☞Dominguez
This book is about a girl named Cassie; she suddenly starts having nightmares with this guy. Then she starts to receive messages from a stranger, the stranger sends her a picture of him and there it was the guy from her nightmares. Cassie then investigates who this guy is and searches him in the most recently two yearbooks at her school she did not find him. Then the librarian tells Cassie that she had found the guy with those characteristics she had gave her. The librarian was kind of confused ...more
Tori
Mar 18, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one!
Shelves: hi-lo
UGH! I have read a lot of hi/lo fiction for teens. Most of it has been very good and suited its purpose. This book is absolutely horrid. Just because a story is written at a 3rd or 4th grade level doesn't mean it has to be stiff, boring, and just plain bad. I don't know how you could even start to care about the main characters. The big fight scene at the end is a joke. Darby Creed and Learner need to take lessons from Orca Soundings. Find some award winning authors to write really engaging stor ...more
Diane Ferbrache
First Cassie is having really scary dreams and now someone is sending her mysterious texts. Does she have a stalker? Or is it just the nerdy guy who wants to ask her to the Halloween dance? She’s tried answering the texts, but no luck. Once she has a name & photo, she decides to investigate – the truth turns into a shocking and horrific experience.
This is part of Lerner’s “Night Fall” collection of brief, hi/low horror stories. Think – Goosebumps for teens. Each chapter ends with a cliff h
Annalee Schnebele
While this is not the best piece of literature I've read, I do have to say that it will be an easy sell for reluctant teen readers. It's creepy, it's suspenseful, and it has a twist at the end. While the character development is nonexistant, and the plot is predictable for someone with experience in the genre, it is still something that I didn't want to put down at the end of lunch.

I am a little annoyed that the book is so "trendy" with the names of certain popular songs mentioned as ringtones a
Courtney
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was about a girl named Cassie who was reciving messages from some guy she didnt know. She couldnt get no answer trough the messages, so she went hunting for answers else where. She found out that Ethan had died 25 years ago. I know your asking yourself how is that possible? Go read the book and find out :) I really liked this book. It was pretty short, and it kept to the plot. It defantialy kept my on the edge of my seat. It had that creepy feeling as well.
Ms. Yingling
This one had so many references to popular culture that it will not last long at all. It got to be a bit annoying after a while, especially since I was already uncomfortable about the girl being stalked.
Joy
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd suggest this for young readers who like scary books. An easy read, and an interesting storyline.
Elsa
Nov 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet. When I have time, I'll read the other titles in the series.
Travis
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the Night Fall series so far. Very good writing!
Elzbeth
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very quick read. It's a horror/ghost story with an unfufilling ending, but satisfyingly scary.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
There is more than one author by this name on Goodreads.
More about Stephanie Watson...

Night Fall (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Unthinkable
  • Skin
  • The Protectors
  • Thaw
  • The Club
  • The Combination
  • Lock-In
  • Last Desserts (Night Fall, #9)
  • The Late Bus