Start by marking “I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)” as Want to Read:
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

(Gallagher Girls #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  173,214 ratings  ·  7,465 reviews
Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school—that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but it's real ...more
Published May 1st 2006 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published April 25th 2006)

Livvy Wrisinger It is perfectly fine for a twelve year old. I am 12 and read this a while ago. I started YA with the Hunger Games and wish I would have started with t…moreIt is perfectly fine for a twelve year old. I am 12 and read this a while ago. I started YA with the Hunger Games and wish I would have started with this book instead.(less)

·  173,214 ratings  ·  7,465 reviews

Start your review of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
Cristina Monica
I can't believe it had been four years since I last read this book. It's a shock because four years ago my life was different than it is today and so was I. I couldn't wait to reread this book, not just because I had missed it but also to see how I would react to it now that I'm four years older and with more experiences behind me.

It was different. When I read this book for the first and second times, I was like Cammie. Well, I had seen regular boys in my daily life, and talked with some, but I
Steph (Reviewer X)
Jun 19, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one
I picked this book up because of all the media hyper surrounding it—the Disney option and the New York Times bestseller status, not to mention the cute cover and interesting premise. Who hasn’t found themselves imagining what it would be like to be a secret government operative during an especially boring Physics lecture? Behold: the appeal of this book (to me, at least).

With all this in mind, why oh why was I so disappointed upon finishing it?

Because this book was subpar to its media attention.
Giselle
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, arc
Yes. I'm a full grown adult. Yes, I thought this was pretty freaking awesome! Don't laugh at me!! *scowls*

These are the kinds of books I turn to when I want something fun and silly; a change of pace. A high-school-drama-filled book that I can read and enjoy without the need to use my brain a whole lot. It doesn't claim to be a deeply significant story that will blow your mind with its complexity. It's a relatively straightforward plot, but with all kinds of shameless fun, plenty of humor, an ado
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Welcome to The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, an all-girls school located just outside of Roseville, Virginia. Anyone looking at this elite private boarding school would see just what The Gallagher Academy wants you to see--a preppy school for privileged girls, complete with a guardhouse and stone wall to keep the curious away from their precious charges. And they'd be right, of course, and yet they would be so very, very wrong!

Because The Gall
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

If you are looking for a refreshing Young-Adult read, with college unlike any other - this is the perfect book for you! I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You is the first book from the Gallagher Girl series, where we meet girls that go to a school for spies, and nobody except them, knows it.

The Gallagher Academy is a typical all-girls-school, except, instead of normal subjects, they learn advanced martial arts and chemical wa
Maggie ☘
*3.75/5 stars*

“You shouldn't judge someone until you've walk a mile through an underground tunnel in her uncomfortable shoes”

I had a tough time deciding on the final rating of this book: Most of the time, my enjoyment was on the 4 star level, but this book also isn't flawless and some parts begged for more logical 3 star rating. In the end, I'm going to give it lower 4 stars, because it was so much fun and an amazing introduction to a potentially kick butt series. I'm very excited to conti
may ❀
This whole book was a buzzkill. I came for spies and bada*sery and instead got soul mates and puke-inducing cliches

description

I would most definitely consider this as middle school genre rather than YA bc it really lacks in the writing, the plot, and the characters. The writing is so juvenile and the humour is so forced im still cringing from exposure

The characters are annoying as frick man. I’d like to propose a new rule, the first being that a 14 year old should not refer to their spy teacher as ‘sexy’ o
Leanna
Sep 04, 2007 rated it liked it
I am a daydreamer—I think most readers are. As a freshman in high school, I had a recurring fantasy about being a spy. At the time, I was taking Russian classes (back when the Cold War was a recent memory) and spent hours imagining what life would be like if I’d been bred for espionage. What if I were fluent in fourteen languages? What if I could kill a man (or woman) with a ketchup bottle?

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter is my teenage fantasy come to life.

Ca
Phrynne
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 5000-books
Cute, funny, entertaining, very definitely young adult but still well written and readable for an older age group.

I read this for a challenge and was glad I did, as it probably would not have been on my reading list otherwise and I would have missed out! For once, the girl was an individual who kept to her main target in life despite having to sacrifice some personal things along the way - that included her boyfriend.

The action takes place in a school which is reminiscent of Hogwarts only this t
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
REREAD: July 2015

Since, I finished Gallagher Girls recently, certain things has been bugging. I simply have to read it. All I can say is I love it so much better now. And I could help but to chuckle darkly at what's about to come for them. Oh my sweet summer children.

Initial reading date: January 20, 2015

Gallagher Girls has been sitting in my kindle for a while and I actually tried reading it before, but I wasn't impressed with the writing.

The funny thing about it, I talk like the protagonist
Caryn
Jun 25, 2008 rated it liked it
I liked this book in the same way that I like the Princess Diaries movies (1 and 2). It's cute. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I giggle when it's witty. And when the lights come up (or I reach the back cover), there's a smile on my face.

Cammie "The Chameleon" goes to a spy school. I mean, how cool is that! Yes, at times, the plot is cringe-worthy (I mean, the basic conflict is the fact that she can't tell the perfect boy that she can throw him to the pavement from six different positions), but
Zoha
description

“I suppose a lot of teenage girls feel invisible sometimes, like they just disappear. Well, that's me—Cammie, the Chameleon. But I'm luckier than most because, at my school, that's considered cool.-I go to a school for spies.”

description

"Learn Her Skills, Honor Her Sword, Keep Her Secrets"

Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is an all-girls school. To the outsiders, it is an elite school for spoiled snobs; to the insiders, a spy-school for the genius girls. The school trains its students in diffe
Baba
Posing as a fee-paying school for elite girls, Gallagher school is really an elite school for training female spies, run by former agents and with support services run by other former agents and spy agency service staff. It's one of the oldest female spy schools in the word, with their successful agents-in-the-field often called 'Gallagher Girls'.

What begins as a fun and innovative concept is kind of ruined by the entire premise of the main plot being student, and daughter of the headmistress, '
Mary
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had so much fun reading this! I already had the hugest smile on my face by page 2 and it didn’t leave until the very last page. It’s such a feel good, fluffy, downright hilarious book and I’m so upset right now that I don’t own the rest of the series. It’s the kind of book that can pull you out of a reading slump, that feels effortless to read and that just makes reading so much fun!

Cammie Morgan goes to the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, which sounds like a fancy school for ri
Rosaline (Rosaline's Rolls & Scrolls)
DNF @ 50%

I would have loved this book between the ages of 10 to 13.

There's absolutely no reason not to like this book. It's fun. It's cute. It has a likable MC. And it's adorably silly.
It reminds me of Spy Kids but less... for lack of a better word... dumb!

It's honestly a very likable book and I should have been able to finish it and even enjoy it had I had more patience and was not dead inside. But such adorable innocence is just not for me.
So this book will regretfully reside in my it's-no
Emer (A Little Haze)
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emer (A Little Haze) by: Zoha
Read as part of the ABN Summer Reading Challenge recommended by Zoha

This was pretty much candy floss in book format; I liked it at the beginning because it was so light and fluffy but by the end it gets all... Well you know how candy floss looks a bit crap by the end and you get sick of its endless sugary sweetness...
So this was a fun quick read but felt very lower ya / middle grade to me and I was just a bit bored with it by the ending. The characters were pretty much flat stereotypes rather th
chloe ♡
i remember loving the gallagher girls books as a kid, but i could never keep track of which ones i've read and which ones i haven't because i didn't read them in order. i'm rereading the whole series right now and i'm so excited!
update: i just finished reading this!! the story was so cute and made me feel ~all the feels~. ♡
Elle (ellexamines)
This is one of those nostalgia books. They're not exactly high-class literature, but the Ghallager Girls are great fun.

TOP FIVE REASONS TO LOVE THIS SERIES

It's about spies. Like that doesn't make everyone want to read a book. Yes, it's hokey and the concepts have slight wish-fulfillment going on. It's fun anyway.

Fast-paced and never boring. It's exactly the kind of fast-paced fun you need in your life. You'll never feel like putting this series down. It especially improves as it goes; this is
Jennifer Girard
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5

It was a pretty good book. Kind of a guilty pleasure but such a fun read. I would LOVE to be a spy.
Jasprit

Ally Carter was an author who I came across last year when I picked up her Heist society series. It was a series which was cleverly written, humorous and a lot of fun. After thoroughly enjoying it, I thought I would check out her Gallagher girls series.

I'd tell you that I love you but then I’d have to kill you follows the story of Cammie who was bought up into a family of spies; not much is known about Cammie’s dad other than he lost his life at doing something that he enjoyed and had
Crystal Stine

Author: Ally Carter
Publisher: First Hyperion Paperbacks Year: 2006
# of pages: 284 Genre: Romance
Reading level Interest level: 8th or 9th Grade
Potential hot lava: Has some references to violence but, not used as a weapon used as protection

General response/reaction: I love romance novels so I was really exited to read this bo
Morgan F
Feb 10, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: tween girls who watch the Disney Channel
Okay, I was never expecting much from this book, especially after I saw that it had been optioned for a film by Disney. But I was hoping for some James Bond/Cody Banks/Spy Kids action.

This book is about Cammie Morgan, a student at the elite Gallagher Academy, which is essentially an all-girl school for spies. Cammie is a pretty normal student at Gallagher, besides the fact that her mother is the headmistress, and she has a reputation for being "the Chameleon." Cammie knows fourteen languages and
Megan
Just realized I never reviewed this one! Well, here it is....

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You is fluff. Pure brain candy fluffy fluff. It would be so easy to knock so many aspects of this novel but I won't because there is one thing which I absolutely loved about it ~ the girls in Ally Carter's spy school actually value academics and when the going gets tough, they choose integrity and personal values over boys. Admittedly, if the market was flooded with this type of YA lit
Kelly Brigid ♡
“The time for crying with your girlfriends about a broken heart is over chocolate ice cream and chick flicks—not stun guns and bulletproof vests.”
Review

description

You know those books that are quirky, a little simple, maybe even childish, but you just can't help falling in love with? Well ladies and gentlemen, this is one of those books. I adored it! I admit, I was a bit skeptical over the cheesy title and cliché synopsis, but I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
Bark
Was a free audiobook download via SYNC .

I tried but I am just not in the mood to listen to this narrator. Her "teen" voice sounds childish and forced and more like a tween and it is grating on every single one of my frayed nerves.

I may get back to this some day when I'm less grouchy. But probably not.

The book may be fab, nothing against the book, but I just can't do it right now.

Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You was cheesy in the best way! I was really intrigued when I read the blurb and it was about teenage girls attending spy school! How cool! The book was light and fun, and was exactly what I wanted. There was action, romance, and friendship, and I felt like all of those things were done really well. When I picked up the book, I wasn't sure that I'd want to read the rest of the series, but now I definitely want to find out what happens next!
Courtney
Oct 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
It is actually really good. Not Twilight good, but it has a good story to it.
nicklein
Feb 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've forgotten how addictive this series was! I'm so glad I decided to read this baby again. Everything about this felt really familiar. It's almost like coming home. Reading this the second time around didn't change how sassy and quirky everything was. I can't wait to meet Zach...again!

“Yes, my heart cried, but my brain spoke of a biochemistry midterm, seven chapters of COW reading, and two weeks' worth of lab reports for Dr. Fibs."

Legit proof that Cammie is my spirit animal!

Oh and I'm
Kimberley doruyter
i was amazed at how much i liked this book.
it was eciting and funny i just the right combo.
i loved it enough that i have already bought most of the series, and that's saying something i mostly read fantasy.

• Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • Perfect Cover (The Squad, #1)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Two Lies and a Spy (Two Lies and a Spy, #1)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Sealed with a Lie (Two Lies and a Spy, #2)
  • Princess Academy (Princess Academy, #1)
  • The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)
  • Matched (Matched, #1)
  • Bratfest at Tiffany's (The Clique, #9)
  • Model Spy (The Specialists, #1)
  • Airhead (Airhead, #1)
  • Just Listen
  • Spies and Prejudice
  • My Sort of Fairy Tale Ending (My Very UnFairy Tale Life, #3)
  • Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods., #2)
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls, Heist Society, and Embassy Row series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

She encourages you to visit her online at allycarter.com and embassyrowbooks.com.

Gallagher Girls (6 books)
  • Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)
  • Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)
  • Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)