Start by marking “Thai Tranny Tales” as Want to Read:
Thai Tranny Tales

Thai Tranny Tales

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
This is not a story of transgender transformation, nor is it a transgender's romantic love story. But 'Thai tranny tales' is a collection of strange and unusual stories which are created by the unique lifestyle and character of Thai trannies and presented in lovely fun stories. The same as or even similar to these stories are never created anywhere else around the world.
Published July 20th 2009 by Midway Press (first published March 20th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Thai Tranny Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thai Tranny Tales

karen
Oct 02, 2009 marked it as romance-covers-i-have-loved  ·  review of another edition
this cover is best enjoyed very large. it might be my favorite yet, although im not sure it is a "romance" cover i have loved. i haven't read it yet, except for the back cover and blurbs, but it lists as y/a in our system, somehow. as far as covers go, though - thumbs up. (is that what that is??)
Tara Calaby
This was a fascinating book to read for someone who previously knew next-to-nothing about the life of transsexual Thais, nor about the differences in the way that Thai society (as opposed to Australian/British society) regards transgender men and women.

At first, I struggled a little with the author's writing style. It's open and engaging, but the English grammar isn't perfect and I feel like a stronger editing process could have been helpful. That said, after a few chapters I grew used to the a
Clare
Jul 14, 2010 marked it as to-read
I heard on NPR that Thai school have 3 bathrooms - 1 for boys, 1 for girls and 1 for kids of ambiguous gender roles.
Alexandra Maldonado
Nov 11, 2010 marked it as to-read
This came up on the sponsored books thingy on the side. I am finding myself becoming increasingly curious.
Oct 10, 2010 rated it liked it
While it could have used an introduction and conclusion to tie everything together, Thai Tranny Tales was a sometimes touching, sometimes humorous, sometimes graphic description of the kathoey lifestyle in Thailand. The book could have used a once-over by an English-speaking editor, but once I got used to the author's writing style, the words just flew by. I found myself laughing aloud, but the book also made me think deeply about gender and its fluidity. I'd recommend it for anyone interested i ...more
Xaka
rated it did not like it
Oct 13, 2010
Jul 19, 2010
Julia
added it
Jul 20, 2010
My literary and design creativity stems from my interests in both art and architecture. Most nights find me curled up with either an art history book or an architectural magazine.

My other passion is cooking: Chinese and Thai recipes that I have been taught to prepare by my mother since five years old.
More about Half-Lady Lisa...