Start by marking “7 Souls” as Want to Read:
7 Souls

7 Souls

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  805 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
Mary expected her seventeenth birthday to be a blowout to remember, courtesy of her best friends, fellow New York City prepsters Amy and Joon, and her doting boyfriend, Trick.
            Instead, the day starts badly and gets worse. After waking up in a mortifying place with a massive, unexplainable hangover, Mary soon discovers that nobody at school is even aware that it'
Published July 13th 2010 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about 7 Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 7 Souls

Amber Carson
Apr 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
I would definitely say this is amazing! It is currently 2:25am and I have stayed up to finish this book. I could not put it down and i knew there was no way i could ever sleep until I finished 7 souls so i didn't even try, i just made myself comfy and finished the book. now i must sleep so expect a longer more detailed review to come.
Justin
This novel has to the most unexpected favourite that I have recently read. I always have a bit hesitation when I pick up a stand-alone book because sometimes the story is rushed to meet a 300-page conclusion and I'm always left feeling robbed but this book really made up for all those other books I have read.

The definite high points of the book was that the storyline was amazing right from the beginning because I was left wondering what had just happened, like did she just get drunk and pass ou
David
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary ist 17, beliebt, hübsch und reich. Sie ist die Nummer 1 ihrer Schule, kann sich vor Freunden kaum retten, hat mehr als nur eine beste Freundin und einen ebenso wohlhabenden Freund, obwohl sie sich vor Dates kaum retten kann.
Die Story beginnt dort, wo Marys Gedächtnis wieder einsetzt. Sie findet sich in einem Möbelhaus wieder, nackt in einem Vorführbett. Sie weiß nicht, wie sie dort hingekommen ist und nicht, was sie dort soll. Sie erinnert sich nur daran, dass heute ihr 17. Geburtstag ist u
*Jinglemarco - Маркуша - Мишутка (Nursery rhymes enthusiast)*

Seven souls non è quello che definirei un "grande romanzo". Preferirei piuttosto etichettarlo come un passatempo vagamente gradevole. Non mi ha convinto del tutto e sono stato in grado di trovare qualcosa che mi ha infastidito. Bisogna ammettere che io trovo quasi sempre qualcosa che mi irrita o che non condivido o che a mio parere stona, ma se nel complesso il libro mi piace sorvolo con il cuore in pace; in questo caso no. A tutti i lettori che possono riscontrare nelle mie le loro stesse pre
rachel
Feb 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, ya, sci-fi-fantasy
I need to preface this review by saying, first of all, that this is a book I would never, ever have picked up if Shannon had not placed it in my hands and told me to ignore the cover, that it is excellent and even visionary.

You have to trust that kind of endorsement.

So I ignored the hieroglyphics, the Olde English font, the fact that the authors' names are "Barnabas" and "Jordan Orlando." All of which would have led me to immediately put this book back on the shelf on a browse, despite what see
Chrissy♥Dev
Mary wakes up in a strange bed and beyond display naked for the world to see. It's her birthday and she can't remember how she got there and who she was with last night. The rest of the day none of her friends remember her birthday, her bf breaks up with her and to top it off she has some strange marks on her back of three lines moving diagonal. Also Mary keeps seeing weird shadows and visions of a house.
Later Mary is surprised by her bf with a surprise party that soon turns scary and deadly. O
Caitlin
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ALPHAreader
Feb 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mary Shayne wakes up on the day of her birthday, butt-naked, in the display window of a Soho furniture store. Not the best start to the day. . . but things only get worse and weirder from there. Mary has no memory of the last 24 hours. She has mysterious scratches on her back. Her boyfriend has just dumped her and her Upper East Side best friends are completely blanking that today is her birthday. Her pudgy study-buddy is screaming at her that she’s in mortal danger, and her little sister’s scru ...more
Ash Lovegood
This book left me speechless, shocked, almost crying, and absolutely mind-blown. I haven't felt this strongly about a one-off novel since 'Choker' by Elizabeth Woods. Wow.

When I grabbed it off the shelf of the library at the last minute, I almost put it back. But after a moment's hesitation, I scanned it and took it home. And oh my gosh, I am so glad I did!

The first couple of chapters I was like "What? She woke up naked in a random show bed... Okayyy... What is this book even about?" But after t
Melissa Wehunt
I really wish that Goodreads would invest in half stars...cause if so, I would totally rate this 4.5.
So, here's the deal....without giving away too much detail...here is my little review:

This is a story of Mary, a totally cool teenage girl who has everything (at least, on a social level). Mary's home life, however, is not as great. But who cares?? Because Mary and her friends just drown themeselves in partying, buying cool clothes, and just generally doing whatever they please, whenever they wa
Amira
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talk about original! I just finished reading this book, and I'm speechless. When I read the last page, I just sat there in silence, soaking in everything. In the beginning, I was confused, - as confused as Mary (the main character) had been, and as she started to figure out what was happening, I also started to piece things along. I can tell you it's not even close to what I expected it to be. And is it possible to love and hate the main character at the same time? Because, Barnabas sure pulled ...more
Debra
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite-books

For a more detailed review, please check out my review below:

Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)

Saravannan
An amazing book. A story with loads of twists and turns, most of which I totally didn't expect. It started a bit slow but really picked up pace after Mary died. From there I just couldn’t put down the book. I had to finish it; I had to know what happened, who really killed her.

I expected the book to be good but it was just amazing! Officially my favourite purple book of all time! =)
Kerstin
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heute Nacht noch fertig gelesen. Das Buch hat mich so in seinen Bann gezogen. Für einen Jugendthriller spitzenmäßig. Auch die Idee dahinter fand sehr interessant. Dieses Buch verdient einfach viel mehr Aufmerksamkeit! Lesen!
AnnE
Apr 01, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
bad language, no morality.
Caryn
Feb 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally Read February 23-25.
Reread June 2016
Caro
Puh! Von dem Buch hatte ich schon viel Gutes gehört und konnte daher kaum abwarten, es zu lesen. Jetzt bin ich fertig und weiß echt nicht so ganz, was ich davon halten soll.

Zuerst kam ich überhaupt nicht in die Geschichte rein. Der Schreibstil ist etwas abgehakt und man braucht ein wenig um sich daran zu gewöhnen, gerade wenn man vorher ein sehr flüssiges Buch gelesen hat. Der Lesefluss wird auch im Verlaufe des Buches noch von vielen Anmerkunden in Klammern unterbrochen. Entweder man löst sowas
Fefi
Thea
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fanatsy-and-fae
This was a really good story. I read all in one sitting. It teaches how ones actions can be misinterpreted and cause other to wrongly think negatively about you, it also warns you to keep an eye out for how you treat others, to always check the motives and reasoning behind your actions.
Kerstin
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-2011
Kurzbeschreibung:
Mary war nicht nur das beliebteste und hübscheste Mädchen der Schule, sondern auch das am meisten gehasste - und deshalb musste sie sterben. Aber ihr Tod ist nicht das Ende, sondern erst der Anfang. Ein Fluch sorgt dafür, dass sie den Tag, an dem sie starb, immer wieder erleben muss. Aus der Perspektive ihrer sieben Freunde lernt sie eine ganz andere Mary Shayne kennen. Und bekommt sieben Mal vor Augen geführt, dass jeder gute Gründe hatte, sie zu hassen.

Zu den Autoren:
Barnabas
Nafiza
Aug 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
This is going to take some time as I parse out everything I want to say about this novel. (I have such a difficult time beginning reviews. They feel like analytical essays I am writing. Boo for essays.)

Okay, let’s plunge into it. First, I enjoyed this novel. It had some very serious problems but writing and pacing weren’t one of them. The characterizations were believable and there was a lot of excitement and movement in the story that leads me to believe that were the scriptwriters able to find
Lena
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inhalt: Mary ist das beliebteste, attraktivste und selbstbewussteste Mädchen der Schule. Um zu wenige Freunde muss sich Mary keine Sorgen machen. All ihre Mitmenschen liegen ihr zu Füßen. Doch als Mary eines Morgens völlig verkatert in einer ihr völlig unbekannten Umgebung aufwacht, wird ihr Tag zu einem Albtraum. Ihre Freunde verhalten sich abweisend, lieblos und völlig fremd. Mary erlebt den schlimmsten Tag ihres Lebens. Freunde werden zu Feinde, sie weiß nicht mehr, wem sie vertrauen kann und ...more
Small Review

Why isn’t she dead yet?

I loved the idea for this story, but the execution left something to be desired. You're told from the outset that Mary dies, so I was expecting a short chapter or two run through of her last day and then she'd die early on and we'd get to the untangling the mystery through the eyes of others part of the story. Unfortunately, my expectations were way off base and this negatively affected my enjoyment. Mary doesn't die until page 179. One hundred seventy nine! That'
Serena
May 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
TRAMA: Mary Shayne desiderava che il suo diciassettesimo compleanno fosse speciale, un evento da ricordare, ma di certo non immaginava che si sarebbe svegliata nuda, nel letto di un negozio di mobili, con i postumi di una terribile e inspiegabile sbronza. E la giornata prosegue nel peggiore dei modi: a scuola nessuno le fa gli auguri, né le sue migliori amiche, Amy e Joon, né il suo ragazzo, Trick, che anzi la lascia. Con il trascorrere delle ore, Mary si convince sempre di più che qualcuno sta ...more
Bianca
Se volete un consiglio, non leggete la trama di questo libro.Perché ne svela più della metà.Se siete curiosi di leggerlo e volete informarvi sulla storia vi basterà sapere che 7 il numero maledetto tratta di una storia molto, molto particolare.
E' il giorno del diciassettesimo compleanno di Mary.Il giorno perfetto, che lei aspettava da tanti anni, è finalmente arrivato.
Peccato che vada tutto storto.
Per iniziare, Mary si sveglia in un letto da Crate & Ba
Elena
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un thriller con i fiocchi

Mary Shayne è la ragazza più carina dell'intera scuola, cadono letteralmente tutti ai suoi piedi, compresi i suoi amici.
Mary è come un burattinaio e tiene in mano i fili che manovrano tutti quelli che le stanno accanto.
Cosa succede, però, se le marionette ti si rivoltano contro?

Tutto inizia il giorno del suo compleanno.
Dal momento in cui si sveglia inizia ad andare tutto storto, per prima cosa perché non si risveglia nel suo letto ma in una vetrina di un negozio. Mary
Brodie
Jan 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aussie-swap
This review doesn't giveaway much in regards to specific plot details. Because trust me when I say, it's best to go into this book without any idea of... well, anything!

On the morning of her 17th birthday, Mary wakes to find herself stark naked on a display bed in a furniture store... with hundreds of faces peering in at her from the windows. Not a great way to start any day, least of all your birthday. She has no idea how she got there and no memory of the events from the previous night. And th
Butterblume
Meinung
Achtung! Nehmt euch an dem Tag nichts vor denn ihr werdet dieses Buch nicht mehr weglegen können!
Inhalt
Mary, ein wunderschönes und sehr beliebtes Mädchen, wacht eines morgens nackt in einem Möbelgeschäft auf und kann sich nicht erinnern ,wie sie dort hin gekommen ist.
Doch das ist noch nicht mal das Schlimmste, denn es ist zudem ihr Geburtstag, und keiner ihrer Freunde scheint sich an ihren Geburtstag zu erinnern. Sie wird von jedem ignoriert und dann macht auch noch ihr Freund an ihrem Ge
Yasmeen
Mary is a spoilt American princess who does as she pleases in her perfect life and doesn't mind using people along the way. Then her 17nth birthday comes and instead of the adoration she expects everything goes wrong and at the end of the night she is murdered. You then revisit her night, through the eyes of 7 of her friends in an attempt to find her killer and perhaps save her own life in the process.

The Good:
- Compelling, you don't want to put it down because you want to know who killed Mary.
Bücherbiene
What's The Name o...: book about Seven(i think) curses? [s] 4 56 Jun 25, 2013 07:52PM
  • Slag Attack
  • Nearly Departed (Weirdsville, #1)
  • Bullied:  The Complete Series
  • Slipping
  • Dead Connection
  • The House of Dead Maids
  • Stadt aus Trug und Schatten (Schattenwelt, #1)
  • Anxious Hearts
  • The Chicken Dance
  • The Ninth Circle
  • Another Me
  • Zweilicht
  • All Unquiet Things
  • Speak No Evil (Gifted, #6)
  • Face Value (America's Next Top Model, #1)
  • Light Beneath Ferns
  • Dark Village: Das Böse vergisst nie (3venner, #1)
  • Abithica
Barnabas Miller has written many books for children and young adults. He also composes and produces music for film and network television. He lives in New York City with his wife, Heidi; their cat, Ted; and their dog, Zooey.
More about Barnabas Miller...