Start by marking “Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)

Ambushed! (Sons of Chance #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  655 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews

Morgan O'Connelli hated the restless lifestyle she'd had as a child. All she wants now is to create a real home in small-town Wyoming. So first she hangs up her real-estate agent shingle...then she promptly borrows the horse of the hottest cowboy in town!
ebook, Harlequin Blaze #550, 224 pages
Published July 1st 2010 by Harlequin Blaze (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ambushed!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ambushed!

Ridley
Gabe Chance is the youngest of the three Chance brothers who are a cornerstone of the town of Shoshone, Wyoming. He's getting ready to ride one of the family's prized paint horses in the town's yearly July 4th parade when he notices a good-looking woman being held hostage by a bratty Appaloosa and decides to ride over and give her a hand.

Morgan O'Connelli was all excited to finally be in the town's parade when the horse she rented decided Morgan wasn't the boss of him and wandered off to nibble
Cynthia
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ready for a hot cowboy who won't take no for an answer!
Sometimes you just run across a gem and AMBUSHED is one of those. This is a new author, and series, for me, but I thought, WTH, I'll give it a try. The Chance family is one you used to visit every week, back in the day. Reminiscent of Bonanza and The Big Valley, et al. I have the next two books in the series and you can betcha it won't be long before I'll be cracking the covers on those two.
Carrie
3.5*-4* I admit to being biased against series romances, and the relatively few I've read have pretty much confirmed my knee-jerk reaction. But this book pleasantly surprised me. The female lead is a strong, and on equal footing sexually with the male lead. While the basic romance plot was standard, it's the characters, both primary and secondary, that raised this book above average. They were fairly well-drawn and interesting for a short book. I may go back and pick up the first book of the ser ...more
Stephanie Howard
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Kathy
Feb 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western
Nicole-Pattypattz1
Jo (My House of Books)
Gabe is totally ambushed throughout this novel: first by his brother, Jack; then by his mother, Sarah; then by old friend, Morgan, a spitfire who's completely his type. (Morgan is described as top-heavy, yet I found myself wondering just how top-heavy she was, and if she might be a full-figured woman. I imagine she's not, though that's something I'd love to see more of in romance novels.)

A few days into their relationship, lots of assumptions about their future are being tossed about, from Jack,
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gabriel "Gabe" Chance of Last Chance Ranch is champion competition rider, whose itching to get back to the circuit, yet has to get thru traditional Fourth of July Parade first with his family. It's the first parade since his father's death more than a year ago. When he spies a fellow rider having trouble with her horse. Morgan O'Connelli, a real estate agent, thought it would do her business good to advertise during annual Fourth of July Parade but didn't count on having an unruly horse or weari ...more
Terri Pray
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Blaze fans
Morgan O'Connelli's return to small town Wyoming is motivated by a need to settle down, to find roots, after a life of constantly moving with her parents. But a husband and children are the last things on her list of to -do's especially when she spent so much of her childhood playing babysitter to her six younger siblings. But a chance meeting with Gabe Chance during the 4th of July parade threatens to upset all of that.

Gabe Chance, youngest of the Chance brothers, has no plans beyond getting h
Cris
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: country
Livro bom, divertido, hot e sem mocinhas recalcadas à vista!
Gabriel Chance, salva a mocinha, Morgan, de um cavalo meio cabeça dura no dia do desfile da cidade. Ele oferece o seu cavalo, muito mais obediente para ela e os dois começam a se entender, apesar da marcação cerrada da família, que acham que o fato da mocinha ser uma corretora de imoveis, faz dela um parente direto do capeta.
Mas o Gabe não liga para isso e resolve investir na corretora, e os dois acabam se beijando depois de um campeona
Pattianne
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMBUSHED - SONS OF CHANCE #2 - (Gabe and Morgan)

Morgan O'Connelli hated the restless lifestyle she'd had as a child. All she wants now is to create a real home in small-town Wyoming. So first she hangs up her real-estate agent shingle...then she promptly borrows the horse of the hottest cowboy in town Cutting-horse champion Gabe Chance is blown away by the feisty redhead who unexpectedly lands right in his bed...and, soon enough, his heart Morgan's perfect for him in every way. Until he realizes
Mem
B550 Jul10 Gabe is home because he's rescued an injured horse. His brother Jack is running the ranch after their father's death. Jack's attitude is driving everyone crazy with his 18hr days and no time out for anyone. The ranch is owned by the four survivors, not just him. Morgan has returned to the only place she can think of as home. Her nomad parents never stayed long in anyone place and she longs for roots. As the oldest in her family of 7 children she's not ready for commitments, even if it ...more
Diah Didi
Drat! I admited I expect to high. I mean, I bought this series merely because of the cover. Yummy. But then I started to read and hello ... two days and you fell in love? Well, maybe it's because I don't really believe in love at first sight. Well, I believe it could happen to others, but not to me. And I think they had difficulties to differentiate between love and lust. IMO.
But then again, most of the time, we, the reader, can see it better than the player, right?

1 star for Morgan
2 stars for G
Marran
As much as I really like reading series that follow a place or a family..I found this really boring... I dont like horses very much so thats probably a part of it but not all...

The charachters just felt meh....big breast, nice abs and hot sex...well as "nice" and ooooh so very cliche as that sounds I really do need a great story line and and good charachters to enjoy a book..mediocre sexscenes really doesnt do it...
Kezermezer
Sparks fly from the start when Gabe Chance and Morgan O'Connelli meet. A fun fling with no strings sounds like a great idea, but there's just one problem: their hearts didn't get the memo...

While Ambushed is nothing spectacular and breaks no new ground, it is a solidly good book the reader can enjoy, with likable characters to root for and steamy sex scenes to enjoy. The ending feels a bit rushed but is reasonably satisfying.
Jennifer The Forgetful Fairy Queen
"Your my Doozie." LOL One of my most favorite quotes in the book. HAHA. Very cute fun read. Morgan and Gabe are both spunky and I thoroughly enjoyed them and their banter with each other. So happy that they found a way to work things out. I don't hate Jack so much now. I might actually enjoy the next book since it's about Jack. He might get the stick out. LMAO
Donna
Jul 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2014
Very entertaining. Much better than the first book in the series. More plot, better character development, and I engaged more quickly with the two main characters, Morgan and Gabe. A few interesting glimpses were given of Jack - enough to make me pick up his book, the next in the series.
Cc
Aug 20, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 2014
Morgan & Gabe
Cute short story.
Morgan is a real estate agent; everyone assumes she's after Gabe with intent to sell the Chance Ranch. She's really just after a good time, or so she tells herself and Gabe. He's also just about the good times until Morgan tells him that's what she's after too.
Gmc
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western, contemporary
Morgan O'Connelli oldest of 7 children has lived a Gypsy life, and quit courting the places lived after it passed 30. Now she is putting down roots in Wyoming. Gabe Chance and his Champion cutting horse are home for a while.
Laurie
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's official, I love Vicki Lewis Thompson. This second series book was even better than the first. Totally love both Gabe's and Morgan's characters. Very fun and steamy.
Brianne
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboy

I really liked the book up until the last 10 pages or so. I thought the ending came too fast and was too much compromise for one of the characters/
Lyndi
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very funny!
Maggie
Jul 12, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hot story about hot cowboys! Fun and quick read, one of my first ebook purchases for my sony ebook reader. LOVED the ebook format!
Jae
This is my favorite of the Chance book. Loved the sassy-ness in Morgan..
Jen
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another 4.5 Star book. Loving these Chance brothers!
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Jul 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alexis-Morgan by: alexisroark@sbcglobal.net
I read/listened to this a while ago and now new books are cropping up in the series; so, I gotta go back and re-read the first ones. One day.
Suzanne
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This family is so close knit, I love it! Gabe is so sentimental and Morgan is so outgoing, they are perfect together :)
Jodi
Oct 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011
Very quick and steamy read
Ann
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, sex, romance
LIKED IT LOVES THE CHANCE BRO'S
  • Born on the 4th of July
  • The Braddock Boys: Brent (Braddock Boys, #2) (Love at First Bite, #5)
  • The Ranger
  • My Fake Fiancee
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • Going Down Hard (Eventfully Yours, #2)
  • Simon Says...
  • Northern Encounter
  • Play with Me
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Making a Splash
  • The Mighty Quinns: Teague (The Mighty Quinns, #14)
New York Times and USA Today bestseller Vicki Lewis Thompson believes love makes the world go around and laughter makes the trip worth taking. The recipient of RWA’s Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award and the author of more than ninety books, Vicki pioneered a new kind of romance hero with Nerd in Shining Armor. Following the success of her nerd stories, Vicki launched a boisterous paranormal ...more
More about Vicki Lewis Thompson...

Sons of Chance (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Wanted! (Sons of Chance, #1)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Cowboys Like Us (Sons of Chance, #6)
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • Feels Like Home (Sons of Chance, #9)
  • I Cross My Heart (Sons of Chance, #10)
  • Wild at Heart (Sons of Chance, #11)