Start by marking “The Mindfulness Solution to Pain: Step-By-Step Techniques for Chronic Pain Management” as Want to Read:

In The Mindfulness Solution to Pain, the authors modify Jon Kabat-Zinn's original mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) program to create a new program they call mindfulness based chronic pain management (MBCPM). This book will provide a clear, class-by-class breakdown of the MBCPM program, which has evolved over the last five years of clinical use. From the outset, th ...more
Published February 2nd 2009 by New Harbinger Publications (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Mindfulness Solution to Pain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mindfulness Solution to Pain

Start your review of The Mindfulness Solution to Pain: Step-By-Step Techniques for Chronic Pain Management
April
Jul 06, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kimbo
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The writing style can be a little awkward at the beginning of the book, but if you suffer from chronic pain, this book is filled with lots of actionable tips, ah ha moments, and scientific studies to back up their viability. Acknowledging our mind-body systems are intimately connected when it comes to pain management is important and this book elegantly illustrates this point and teaches people how to get a handle on managing health at both levels. Read with an open mind and also see your doctor ...more
Fusun Dulger charles
I have two chronic disease and this book helped me like no other books I read on the subject.
A must for anyone I pain.
Yycdaisy
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
These authors really have tried to cover everything that could help a person deal with chronic pain. The doctor explains why pain meds don't work for long, so digging deeper to find out if there are underlying emotional reasons for it may help some people. Seems that people who meditate, reduce stress, exercise, and sleep well, are able to mitigate their pain levels. There is information here on using journalling and art to help to reduce pain, which may be of use to some.
Tobey Brock
Ok book. Much of the information I had already found.
Kimberlie
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Well, it was fine, but it wasn't really anything that new to me. I suppose I have been living "mindfully" for a while now, but I just called it " being realistic about my headaches/chronic illness and the limitations that puts on my life". So, I suppose I now have a better phrase, "living mindfully" and that's easier to say. But, there are some good ideas in here, and I did find it helpful to review them.
Meg
A great resource covering a range of important topics for those suffering from chronic pain.
Niqi
Jan 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Niqi by: niqiarch@gmail.com
This book started out a bit slow and tedious - I fell asleep trying to read it a few times, but once the suggested activities and meditations started it was quite helpful.
Sally
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
A very useful guide on meditation and visualization to help with chronic pain.
Susie Shortt
May 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• We Have Always Been Here: A Queer Muslim Memoir
  • Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain
  • Start Your Own Freelance Writing Business: Your Six-Figure Freelancing Roadmap
  • Donna Kooler's 555 Christmas Cross-Stitch Designs
  • Celtic Cross Stitch: Over 40 Small, Exciting and Innovative Projects
  • 555 Little Sayings In Cross-Stitch
  • Tales of the Restoration (Tales of the Kingdom, #3)
  • Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur
  • Tales of the Kingdom (Tales of the Kingdom, #1)
  • Idiot Brain: What Your Head Is Really Up To
  • Masters and Commanders: The Military Geniuses Who Led the West to Victory in World War II
  • The Perfect Gentleman: The remarkable life of Dr. James Miranda Barry
  • iFailed The true, inside story of NeXT
  • Donovan: America's Master Spy
  • Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness
  • Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment
  • The Human Right: To Know Jesus Christ and to Make Him Known