Start by marking “Flirting With Disaster (London Confidential, #4)” as Want to Read:
Flirting With Disaster (London Confidential, #4)

Flirting With Disaster (London Confidential #4)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  102 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
In a shocking turn of events, all writers for the "Wexburg Academy Times" will cast their votes for next year's editor—and it looks like Savvy's vote will be the tie breaker! She must choose between a nasty-girl-turned-nice, with a sudden interest in letting Savvy get what she wants, and the prickly Hazelle, who promises nothing at all. Savvy then finds herself wrapped up ...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Flirting With Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting With Disaster

Raechel
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
I'm very happy with how this one finished out. Very clear, strong message. Beginning was a tiny bit frustrating, but she came to the right conclusions.
Nov 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: FLIRTING WITH DISASTER
Author: Sandra Byrd
Publisher: Tyndale
September 2010
ISBN: 978-1-4143-2600-9
Genre: Inspirational/young adult

Savvy’s friends are starting to send forwards—just the seemingly innocent ones that promise that if you send this to five things good things will happen and if you don’t bad things will happen. Savvy is drawn in when she doesn’t forward something and things go badly, and when she does, then good things did happen.

And then she catches a friend reading the horosco
Jennifer Wilson
Jul 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Flirting with Disaster is book four of the London Confidential series by Sandra Byrd. Although I'm usually not much of a fiction fan, I devoured this series, and of course this book was no exception. I think one of Byrd's strongest points with her writing is her character development. Savvy's character is so well developed, I often feel as if she is a real person.

In this book, Savvy seems to mature a lot but yet the book isn't a preachy one. She ruins someone else's computer by opening a forwar
Reading Vacation
Mar 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
REVIEW

This adorable series was quick and fun to read. Savvy is the type of teen girl that I hope to be like. She is spunky, funny, and she never gives up. Savvy is a great role model for other girls to follow and I could relate to her.

There is plenty of London-speak in these books, and I could tell that Sandra Byrd had done her homework. The setting is so different from the United States, and I liked reading about Savvy’s school.

The plot moves nicely from one book to the other as Savvy adjusts
Lori Twichell
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
In the fourth outing for Savvy Smith in the London Confidential series, Sandra Byrd once again tackles relevant issues for young girls while making the topics fun, light, and Savvy is completely adorable. Though she is a great example for tweens who may be dealing with similar issues, I love that Byrd has not made Savvy perfect. She makes mistakes (some that make moms cringe) but she learns her lessons and always has a solid Biblical message to impart while she does.

Sandra Byrd’s clever twists a
Jill Williamson
Nov 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Review by Jill Williamson

Savvy is almost a full-on member of the Aristocrats. Well, not really, since she doesn’t live on an estate or get rides to school from her butler. But she has several of the Aristocrats cell numbers and they’re texting her! Savvy gets so caught up in all the texting and forwards that she starts to forget who she really is. And then one of her forwards causes a major disaster that makes Savvy put down the phone and think. Is there any way to fix what she’s done?

A great en
Niyati Em
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a really cute book! I'm not a Catholic, yet the Bible verses made sense. If only we stopped fighting in the name of religion and accepted that God is one, then we would have such a peaceful world. Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis are all the same, they believe in their God. As long as they believed and worshipped, there shouldn't be anyone claiming theirs to be a superior religion.

Apart from the religious overtones, this book was really cute. I love Savvy and
Lexi
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: june2012
A mediocre end to a mediocre series. I am still a bit annoyed that every single Christian fiction series I've ever read has the main character "come to Christ" at some point during the narrative. Why can't they just be Christian to begin with? Predictablyy, the main character just manages to get kissed before her sixteenth birthday. Ugh. Also, this series had so many factual errors and illogical plot points. That also seems to be a trend with Christian series. It's embarrassing, really. I need t ...more
Taylor Jones
Jun 19, 2013 rated it liked it
This is the first book i read of the series. I really liked reading a book based off England. But I did have some problems with it. I felt like she spent to much time trying to fit in. I also didn't like that her "friends" walked over her, and didn't let her do what she wanted to do. I wish she stood up for herself.
I didn't feel like her trying to decide who she was voting for was the main problem. That part of the story confused me and I didn't feel it was necessary.
The texts was a very inter
Leah
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book.
Savvy learned so much about her faith in God, and sticking up for what she believes.
I found myself learning right along with her.

Flirting with Disaster was a great book to close a great series.
Alexandra
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm so sad this quartet has ended! This is definitely one of my favorite series I've read!
Alyssa Marie
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was completely fangirling about her and Tommy! I'm not allowed to date until I'm 16 too so I can relate to her situation
Laurie
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, library
It's easy to look for answers in all the wrong places, but they are only found in God. Savvy makes a big mistake and redeems it, and she makes some tough choices regarding the newspaper.
Lula McCuela
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great finale book to the London Confidential books.
Chelsea
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my favourite of the series!
Makenna
Dec 06, 2012
Kelly
Dec 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Millie's Reluctant Sacrifice (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #7)
  • The Kweeks of Kookatumdee
  • Love Finds You in Groom, Texas
  • Why Dogs Are Better Than Cats
  • A Bouquet of Love (Weddings by Design #4)
  • Style Me Vintage: Hair: Easy Step-by-Step Techniques for Creating Classic Hairstyles
  • The Complete Book of Questions: 1001 Conversation Starters for Any Occasion
  • Blue Heart Blessed
  • Two Brides Too Many (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #1)
  • Sonnet to a Dead Contessa (Lady Trent Mystery #3)
  • Sweet Mercy
  • Double Shot (Maya Davis, #3)
  • Romancing Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #3)
  • The Mystery on Cobbett's Island
  • Draven's Defiance (Adventures in Odyssey: Passages, #5)
Bestselling author Sandra Byrd has published more than fifty books over an editing and writing career spanning better than twenty-five years. Her traditionally published books include titles by Howard Books, a division of Simon and Schuster, Tyndale House Publishers, WaterBrook Press, and Bethany House. She’s also an independent author.

Sandra’s series of historically sound Gothic romances launched
More about Sandra Byrd

London Confidential (4 books)
  • Asking for Trouble (London Confidential, #1)
  • Through Thick & Thin (London Confidential, #2)
  • Don't Kiss Him Good Bye (London Confidential, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • This Is the Story of You
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Long May She Reign
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Don't Get Caught
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • So B. It
    $6.74 $1.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cloaked in Red
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99