Start by marking “Out of the Darkness” as Want to Read:
Out of the Darkness

Out of the Darkness

Her research could cure his dark hunger if a covert government agent doesn't get to her first. Vincent Maxwell is a vampire with a conscience searching for a cure to his dark hunger. But when a scientist looking to create vampire soldiers captures and kills a fellow vampire, Vincent seeks out Dr. Megan Harper. While researching xeroderm pigmentosum, a light sensitivity dis ...more
Published April 19th 2010 by Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Darkness

Start your review of Out of the Darkness
Rebecca Booth
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Rebecca by: The Author
Dr. Megan Harper finds herself caught up in the mystery and strange events of modern-day vampirism, just as Dr. Julia Hoffman, portrayed by Grayson Hall, discovered Barnabas Collins curse and attempted to cure him, but instead fell in love with him in the popular television supernatural drama, Dark Shadows that ran from 1966 to 1971. Barnabas, played by Jonathan Frid, portrayed a mysterious romantic vampire in a dark, swirling cape.
In Lily Gayle's modern day paranormal romance, OUT OF THE DARKNE
Amy Corwin
Apr 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Do you remember Dr. Julia Hoffman's efforts to perfect a serum to change Barnabus Collins back into a human in "Dark Shadows"? If you loved that story line, you're going to adore Lilly Gayle's sensual vampire romance, "Out of the Darkness".

In "Out of the Darkness", Dr. Megan Harper initially thinks that the handsome Vincent Maxwell is suffering from a rare genetic disorder that makes him sensitive to the light. She's working on a cure for the problem as it's the same disease her sister suffered
LaVerne Clark
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 STARS

I've had this book on my ereader for a while now and only just had time to read it at long last. I'm so glad I did!

Wonderful, wonderful book. This kept me up for two nights straight till the wee hours, and the third, I read so painfully slowly because I didn't want it to end! I loved Vincent and Megan and didn't want to part company with my new-found friends. The writing is super-smart (the author knows her stuff with all things medical) but yet written in plain English, so the layman
Donna
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A different take on the vampire with a conscience. Lilly Gayle has a super premise here - could vampirism be a virus and ultimately curable? The good doctor is more than willing to try with sexy Vincent as the prize. The twist at the end leaves you panting for the sequel, which I understand is coming soon - Embrace the Darkness.
Joya Fields
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Gayle has an instinct for storytelling that pulls readers into a new and interesting world. Out of Darkness is a compelling, very original story with characters you'll cheer for and some fun twists and surprises.
Kelli
Maeve Greyson
Kat
Jul 11, 2015
Lilly Gayle
Oct 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
JoAnne Spitale
Dec 27, 2011
Mackenzie Crowne
Jul 20, 2012
Lilly Gayle
Oct 27, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Christine Black
Shankia Tinsley
May 27, 2013
April
Oct 16, 2013
I write paranormal and historical romance. I have two grown daughters and have been married since 1980. I'm also a reader, who writes book reviews. But if I can't say something nice...

News & Interviews

“There are no endings for any of us, happy or
otherwise, until we die. A fairy tale only ends
happily because that’s the point where the
storyteller stops telling the story.”
8 likes