Start by marking “Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke, #3)

Ten Things I Love About You (Bevelstoke #3)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  15,775 Ratings  ·  986 Reviews
Ten things you should know about this book....

1. Sebastian Grey is a devilishly handsome rogue with a secret.

2. Annabel Winslow's family voted her The Winslow Most Likely to Speak Her Mind and The Winslow Most Likely to Fall Asleep in Church.

3. Sebastian's uncle is the Earl of Newbury, and if he dies without siring an heir, Sebastian inherits everything.

4. Lord Newbury de
Audiobook, 10 pages
Published May 25th 2010 by Harper Audio (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Things I Love About You, please sign up.

Amy Burt Sebastian, Lord Newbury, Annabel, cousin Harry, Olivia, Louisa

*** 2 1/2 stars ***

Ten Things I Didn't Love About This Book

1. Way too much internal dialogue. Plus the internal dialogue was often about completely random stuff. Show me, don't tell me.

2. It was boring.

3. The hero came off as wimpy when he allowed the villain (his uncle) to push him around and do stuff to the heroine.

4. There were a million references to the hero's books, plus there were so many times where the hero would think "If I were writing this scene..." It was really annoying.

5. The uncl
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hum, should I list the 10 things I liked about this book, or the 10 things I didn't like?
As a compromise, I will list 5 of each.

1. The Hero, Sebastian, was a rake. I'm a sucker for a rake.

2. The heroine has a great sense of humor and laughs out loud. Not in a lady-like way. I love when someone snort-laughs. It makes me laugh so much harder.

3. The hero writes books that are ridiculous. One of his characters is killed by a pigeon.

4. The love story is cute and awwwww-worthy.

5. The grandma, al

This was such a sweet story, that is was a candy I ask in my best Oliver Twist voice “May I have some more?” I didn’t want this book to end!

Sebastian Grey, Sebastian Grey. I adored Sebastian Grey whom stole the show in What Happens in London, and to say I was eagerly awaiting his book would be an understatement .But, like other readers hoping for a book and it turns out really bad, I kept myself in check. Thankfully, I didn’t have to, as 10 things I Love About You was everything I hoped it be.
BJ Rose
Feb 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ten Things I Learned in This Book:
1) Annabel's family was poor
2) Annabel loved her family
3) Annabel had to marry rich to save her family.
4) The Earl of Newbury was rich
5) Annabel detested the Earl of Newbury.
6) Annabel's Grandmother ordered her to marry the Earl
7) Annabel was happier with Sebastian
8) was a handsome rogue with a great secret from everyone except the reader!,
9) discovered that he felt more than lust for Annabel
10) did what he had
Aug 02, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers who want to finish the Bevelstoke series
I generally really like Julia Quinn but something was « off » about this story as well as the whole Bevelstoke series when all was said and done. It’s an okay read but when you know how great Quinn can be you’re sort of disappointed that it’s not as good as some of her Bridgerton novels for example. What I enjoy about Quinn’s stories is that you have what appears to be a light regency style romance but there’s a seriousness underneath it all which you don’t get here. This book is much bawdier th ...more
What can I say? This book was absolutely adorable. Sebastian Gray is one of the most lovable heroes in Romancelandia. I suppose he could be described as a "tortured hero", but unlike others who are labeled as such, Seb prescribes to the "when life deals you lemons...make lemonade" theory and therefore is always positive and upbeat. He is honest, forthright, loyal to family and friends, and his manners are impeccable. He is also so damn handsome (and virile) he is in constant demand by the young ...more
Sometimes I give 4 stars to books for no reason at all. It just means that the story is very good, but for some reason it lacked that special something that would turn it into a 5-star read. And I guess that's what's called personal taste. But I always have a reason for 3-star ratings. Always.

Except this time I don't. The hero is wonderful. He's exactly my type of hero. Even the heroine is okay. Nothing stands out about her and she is a bit indifferent, IMO, but she's definitely not bad or annoy
Very ho-hum. 2 stars.

Boring heroine.

Boring romance.

Cute ending, but the part that leads up to is weird. I don't like when authors use rape attempts on the heroine in romances. Like, really - can we not? I mean I like that she was going to fight him - but then, her grandma and lover come into the room - and everything becomes rather flippant and "humorous." Humor after a rape attempt scene, especially when the rapist is still in the room? Doesn't seem right.

Also, this book seems to focus too much
Anna Casanovas
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hacía mucho, mucho, mucho tiempo que no leía a Julia Quinn. No sé por qué dejé exactamente de leerla, creo que un libro me dejó indiferente y por eso la aparqué o quizá se me fue de la cabeza.
La cuestión es que el otro día una gran amiga me habló de ella y tuve unas ganas tremendas de retomarla. Elegí esta novela porque el título me encantó y porque tiene el mejor booktrailer que he visto nunca (
"Ten things I love about you" me ha gustado mucho, me ha p
Brittany B.
Definitely the best of the Bevelstoke books. Perhaps my favorite JQ. Sebastian and Annabel have more passion than Quinn's usual characters.

What a breath of fresh air!! So incredibly romantic, without too much angst. Just a beautifully charming, sexy, funny story. I couldn't ask for more. The plot had no wild murders, blackmail or misunderstandings. The tension for the characters was actually realistic, and flowed perfeclty.

Sebastian is currently my favorite HR hero. (subject to frequent change
Another brilliant book by Julia Quinn... 5 stars!!!

Ten Things I loved about this book:

One: Sebastion Grey is charming and witty; LOVED him! Two: Annabel Winslow has an excellent sense of humor and is not annoying! Three: Sebastion has a secret that shocked me! Four: Sebastion does not fight his feelings for Annabel, but does fight for her! Five: Annabel's grandmother is hilarious! Six: There is a scandal! Shocking! Seven: We get to see a lot of Olivia and Harry Valentine! Eight: Sebastion and An
Mar 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who needs a fresh and fun HR
Shelves: favorites
Reading the back cover of this book did nothing for me. In any case, it was getting the book for free that even motivated me to start so quickly, instead of sticking it on the back burner. Which is especially unfortunate because this is one hellava book. I even number it as one of my favorites and will gladly re-read within this month - that's saying something.

Sebastian (I hate how this name is so popular in HR, I'm really bored of it) is an insomniac/gothic romance writer (under a pseudonym, of
Penny Watson
Jun 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn

Okay, I am a long-term Julia Quinn fan (Bridgerton series...yay!). I realize that her books have moved from pretty emotional and having some substance to more-or-less fluff. Now don't get me wrong. I love fluff. I love endless, silly banter. I don't even mind cutesy stuff like top ten lists sprinkled throughout the book. But as I was reading this book, several things occurred to me. I was about 1/3? of the way through and nothing had happened yet. Nothin
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Adored it. Absolutely a terrific read. I had already loved the first book in the series, although not so much the second one. But this one was amazing. It helped me to remember why I loved JQ so much. I must admit after having read her Bridgertons series, I would never read something from her as good, but this one definitely was.

I enjoyed terribly each page. This book was wicked, hilarious and extremely entertaining. Laugh hard with almost every page. I mean, you must always r

Cute but not particularly memorable. I liked this, it has a heroine that's the third most likely to outrun a turkey in her family and a hero who writes ridiculous but popular books under a pseudonym. There's also a rape-y, obese uncle, acting as a villain, who doesn't get the end that he deserves. I just wish there was a bit more action to the plot.
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me establish this from the outset: I have somewhat odd taste :) I tend to fall in love with the less popular works of popular authors. My very favorite Loretta Chase, for example, is one that most LC fans I know have never heard of or were resoundingly indifferent to: The Devil's Delilah. And...*deep breath*...I never fell quite as in love with Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series as I wanted or expected to. Most of the entries were enjoyable---some more so than others---but I just wasn't as head ...more
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
5 Things I loved about this book:

1 Sebastian Grey, he was a typical Quinn hero; charming and roguish enough to be a little dangerous but in no way a complete cad 2 The glimpse into previous characters life's, you get to see Olivia and Harry Valentine happily married and Harry's brother Edward which leads me to 3 I think (okay hope) that her next book is about Edward as he had a little character development in this book and also 4 I hope he ends up with Louisa, the heroines cousin, as I actually
Laura the Highland Hussy
I am not Julia Quinn's biggest fan. Ever since that awful Two Dukes of Wyndham episode, I haven't wanted to pick her up again.
this one just looked so cute, though, so I gave JQ another shot...boy am I glad I did! What a fun romance! It caught my attention and held it throughout, and it was just plain sweet.
Annabel is enjoying her first season in London, sort of. She's a country girl at heart whose grandmother thought it might be fun to sponsor her. So her grandmother finds an earl who wants her.

I’ve been on a bit of a Julia Quinn audio-glom this year, having listened to Just Like Heaven, A Night Like This, and It’s in His Kiss in the last few months alone! I frequently turn to her books or audios when I want something light and a bit fluffy, which has plenty of humour and engaging characters, and I can say that Ten Things I Love About You most definitely fits that particular bill.

It may not be up to the standard of some of her earlier Bridgerton books, but in Sebastian Grey sh
Amelia Fransisca
There were 10 things about Sebastian and Annabel that i do love most:

1. He loves Annabel for being herself, an amazing, intelligent, kindhearted, ridiculously competitive woman he has ever met.
2. He loves to devote himself to the singular task of making her smile.
3. He loves her smile
4. He loves her laugh
5. He loves the utter genuineness and generosity of her heart.
6. She loves him so splendidly well
7. She loves his secret
8. She loves his writing career
9. She loves the way he always made her smi
This was so much fun to read! Not much in this genre earns 5 stars from me. I was completely entertained and grinned through much of this novel. Yes, it was formulaic, right down to the annoying bit of danger tacked on to the end. Fluffy cotton candy for the brain.
Jun 01, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I'm on the fence about this book. I liked certain things, others didn't quite click. The first half was so-so, while I enjoyed the second half. It was kind of a book of extremes in terms of liking it.

Series Note:
Third book in Quinn's unofficially titled "Bevelstoke" series set in London. I don't think it's necessary to read the previous books.

Annabel Winslow has spent the entire life in the country with her family, but her father's death has led to financial worries. So her grandparents
Huma Rashid
Oct 25, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book had its funny and cute and entertaining moments, but was a pretty dismal JQ romance. I have to admit, the Lord of Newbury just creeped me the hell out. I know that it was a viable plot point - women being forced into marriages with older men is a Regency staple as far as plotlines go - but it was just so skeevy and gross that it really sucked away some of my enjoyment of the story.

Seriously, Sebastian is so lovely, and it sucks that his story involves someone as dull, ho-hum, and unrem
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jill by: MRB

* Thanks Marla for the recommendation!
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the spirit of the book, I will attempt to review this book using 10 talking points. :)

1. First and foremost, I really loved both of the main characters. Annabel was sweet and smart and strong and had a good sense of humor. Sebastian was charming, witty, handsome, and everything you'd want a lead male to be in HR. They ended up being quite adorable together, and it is the two of them together that kept me reading this book.

2. For the most part, this falls under the cute and fluffy HR category
May 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ten Things I Love About This Book:

One: It's delightful to read a romance novel and laugh out loud. This book brought back pleasure reading. (Oh, not in that way!)

Two: I've been reading so many depressing books lately and both main characters are such loving, affectionate people despite their trials, that maybe I fell a little in love with them too.

Three: Sebastian Grey is a cheerful, happy hero, despite his insomnia brought on by the war. We know right away that he needs the right woman in his

I remember last year when almost everyone seemed to be reading this book. My Goodreads updates feed was always inundated with updates and reviews for Ten Things I Love About You, yet I never considered reading it. Big mistake on my part. I loved this book, and I thought it was just as good as What Happens in London.

Sebastian became one of my favorite characters in What Happens in London as Harry's charming, rogue of a cousin. But it was in this book that I came to love him. In Ten Thing
Review by Jennifer Porter for

Julia Quinn delights with her wickedly humorous tale about a couple’s tumultuous road to true love. Annabel Winslow has a bit of a problem. Her grandmother, Lady Margaret Vickers, is pushing her into marriage with the aging but wealthy Earl of Newbury. As one of eight siblings, Annabel would help support the struggling Winslow clan with such a marriage.

Newbury is desperate to marry and produce an heir in order to prevent his nephew, Sebastian Gre
Sophie Barnes
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: julia-quinn
This was just as wonderful as The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever, which I adored - such a lovely addition to the series. I do suggest reading the other books first however, simply because I think you'll get a lot more out of the 'flash back' scenes - which add an extra bit of inside humor.
As is the case with Julia Quinn's novels, the characters are wonderfully portrayed, featuring even a decrepit earl that our heroine is (most unfortunately) supposed to marry... But fear not, friends - i
Manda Collins
Dec 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Julia Quinn, amusing historicals, stories about novelists
TEN THINGS is classic Julia Quinn, pairing a forthright country-bred debutante with a charming but feckless secret-novelist. The dialogue sparkles, the chemistry between the hero and heroine crackles and the very real threat that keeps them apart is loathsome enough that I breathed a sigh of relief when these two were finally able to declare themselves betrothed. A frothy, yet poignant and satisfying read.
  • Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior (Adventurers’ Club, #2)
  • A Duke of Her Own (Desperate Duchesses, #6)
  • The Truth About Lord Stoneville (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #1)
  • Then Comes Seduction (Huxtable Quintet, #2)
  • Last Night's Scandal (Carsington Brothers #5)
  • How I Met My Countess (Bachelor Chronicles, #6)
  • Unclaimed (Turner, #2)
  • When Harry Met Molly (Impossible Bachelors, #1)
  • Goddess of the Hunt (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #1)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an ...more
More about Julia Quinn...

Bevelstoke (3 books)
  • The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke, #1)
  • What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I can imagine no greater bliss than to lie about, reading novels all day.” 209 likes
“Don’t tell me your name. It’s likely to awaken my conscience, and that’s the last thing we want.” 25 likes