Start by marking “Faith in the Valley: Lessons for Women on the Journey to Peace” as Want to Read:
Faith in the Valley: Lessons for Women on the Journey to Peace

Faith in the Valley: Lessons for Women on the Journey to Peace

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  733 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
In this companion volume to her bestselling book Acts of Faith, bestselling author and star of “Iyanla: Fix My Life” discusses the “valleys” that cause stress and imbalance for women and explains how women can cleanse their minds and promote a healthy foundation for living in the modern world.

A Note from Iyanla Vanzant

Beloved friend,

When this little book was first publishe
Published May 8th 1996 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about Faith in the Valley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faith in the Valley

Vernitra
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have had this book for YEARS and I have not put it down since!!!!!! This book is a part of my spiritual diet!
Nicole
May 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Some of the things that were said were inspirational and true. However I read this book far too late in life. The thoughts that Vanzant expressed that I loved were thoughts I already knew or believed because of my own life experiences. However where I am now in my life, a wonderful place, and this book isn't right for me. It's meant for those, specifically women, who are lost or feel insufficient. It is after all a self-help book. But even then, there are too many affirmations that are redundant ...more
Kerry
Jul 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
You don't have to be religious to enjoy this book. It's a daily pick-me-up.
Miss Kelly
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very up-lifting. Great bitful sized advice.
Cindy
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked this little book with its one page essays, meditations and prayers. I usually just read a few pages at a time. So many things to reflect on. The author takes us on a journey through valleys, those low points where we are challenged to grow and become stronger.

One idea that I am going to try to implement in a smaller, less ambitious way was spiritual discipleship. The author suggested putting 12 principles into a bag, pulling one out and working on that for 90 days. I may try 30 days as
Alice
Apr 15, 2008 rated it liked it
It's a reference book by the way, with "feelings & attitude" refernces in the top corner of each page to find your insight like finding a definitions in a dictionary.
What did I learn from this book?
The straight dope - I have to be real with myself at least! Things are rarely as bad as they seem.
Jill Sumstad
Dec 08, 2007 rated it liked it
Not as good as Vanzant's "Just For Today"
Charlette
Jun 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Love it! So far, it is an excellent read! I recommend it highly to anyone!
Cece Henry-lewis
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It took me a while to read this book as I did a lot of double takes. Today I see me in a different way. I have learnt how to open and love me. I wish I read this sooner.....
Eyvette
Mar 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love it soo much I recently downloaded it to my Kindle just to read it again!
Pamela Greer
Dec 18, 2008 added it
Recommends it for: YES YES YES
This is a must have and great book to revist like an old friend. My favorite Iyanala book. This book has been a blessing to me. Thank You Iyanala.
Harnel
Jan 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
this is ok to read like, a page or a few pages a day or every once in a while. i can be motivational.
Jessie
Oct 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Awesome, powerful daily meditation guide for women. Highly recommend it to any women.
Marilyn Diamond
My favorite book of all time..
Van
Mar 07, 2011 added it
Its a great read inspirational talks about life.
C Miller
One of Angela's books.
Mahoganie
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very Inspirational and insightful...She always know how to uplift you and teach you about yourself in a spiritual way
Michelle
Oct 02, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: Women
Read this years ago and it changed my perspective on life, I just wasn't ready to practice what I learned. Years later I now know how much it really taught me.
Kat
I am having a hard time getting excited about reading this each day. I don't find it very loving in nature, but more as if I am being told harshly.
Isis Nakia
Aug 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book showed me how to totally embrace myself and take responsibility for my actions and my life
Teira
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
IT'S OKAY
Jani Akilah
Jun 12, 2008 rated it it was ok
When the tunnel of life seems like its getting dark remember there is always a bright light at the end!
Zafirah Muhammad
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you find yourself getting stuck in repeated patterns pick this book up
r. Bentinck
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my introduction to Iyanla's work and have been reading most of her work ever since.
Christine
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Book I had gotten years ago from Mom.
Amy Watson
  • I Shall Not Be Moved
  • Make The Connection: 10 Steps To A Better Body   And A Better Life
  • Brown Sugar: A Collection of Erotic Black Fiction
  • Temptation
  • Is the Bitch Dead, Or What? (The Ritz Harper Chronicles Vol. 2)
  • Matters Of The Heart: Stop trying to fix the old - let God give you something new
  • Playing My Mother's Blues
  • Street Players
  • Racism 101
In Peace From Broken Pieces New York Times best-selling author Iyanla Vanzant she recounts the last decade of her life and the spiritual lessons learnedfrom the price of success during her meteoric rise as a TV celebrity on Oprah, the Iyanla TV show (produced by Barbara Walters), to the dissolution of her marriage and her daughters 15 months of illness and death on Christmas day. Like a phoenix ri ...more