Start by marking “Blood Red (Primavera Blackstone series, Book 2): Murder and deceit abound in this thrilling mystery” as Want to Read:

Blood Red (Primavera Blackstone series, Book 2): Murder and deceit abound in this thrilling mystery (Primavera Blackstone #2)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Primavera Blackstone becomes the prime suspect in the second breathtaking novel in a brilliant new series by bestselling Scottish crime writer Quintin Jardine.

Primavera is enjoying the quiet life in an idyllic village on the Catalan coast of Spain. The attractive single mother and eight-year-old Tom, son of the late and still lamented Oz Blackstone, are popular figures in
Published May 27th 2010 by Headline (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Red (Primavera Blackstone series, Book 2), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Red (Primavera Blackstone series, Book 2)

Meinwen Sayle
Another good find .
Stephen Hayes
Sep 22, 2011 rated it liked it
I've read a couple of Quintin Jardine's books before -- whodunits featuring Edinburgh detective Robert Skinner. This one, though still a whodunit, is quite different in characters and setting. Instead of the capital of Scotland, it is set in a small village in Spain. The protagonist is not a policeman but a single mother expatriate who gets caught up in events surrounding a murder, and finds herself a suspect.

It is obviously part of a series featuring some of the same characters, and perhaps if
Chris Amies
Sep 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a connection between Scotland and Catalonia; both are small nations overshadowed by their larger neighbour, both speak a language similar to the neighbour's, and both have cultures influenced by the French. (parallels can also be drawn between the Basque Country and Wales; mountains, industry, impenetrable language ;-)). So a Scots writer setting a mystery novel in Catalonia is no surprise. I must say I worked out which characters were up to no good, but that doesn't really matter. The ...more
Phyllis
Aug 23, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this as well as the Skinner books. I do find it fun that characters in the Skinner novels read Primavera Blackstone novels and vice versa.

This summer I have been very hard to please. I have begun many more books than I have finished. If a book doesn't quickly grab my interest, it is off the currently reading list ASAP.
Denise
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
The first Primavera Blackstone book I have read. Not bad but I prefer the Skinner series, due to the gritty storylines.
David
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I quite like this series, a good light read set in Spain, a spin off from the Oz Blackstone series.
Mary Lou
This has a much more entertaining story line than than the first in the series
Caro
Jul 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found it a bit contrived, but a quick enjoyable read none the less.
Beltonmike
Dec 27, 2012
Chris
Mar 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Quintin Jardine is the author of two much-acclaimed and best-selling series of detective novels, as Eddie Bell and Pat Lomax, his agents, can be heard proclaiming to anyone who is listening, at book festivals around the world.

QJ is a crusty but urbane Scot, in his prime, and done with disclosing his age. (What’s that got to do with it anyway?) He was born in Motherwell, Lanarkshire, and educated
More about Quintin Jardine...

Primavera Blackstone (4 books)
  • Inhuman Remains (Primavera Blackstone, #1)
  • As Easy as Murder (Primavera Blackstone series, Book 3)
  • Deadly Business