Start by marking “The Reassess Your Chess Workbook: How to Master Chess Imbalances” as Want to Read:
The Reassess Your Chess Workbook: How to Master Chess Imbalances

The Reassess Your Chess Workbook: How to Master Chess Imbalances

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  174 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
International chess master Jeremy Silman provides 131 problems designed to test a player's strengths and weaknesses, cover openings, middlegames, and endgames. This workbook may be utilizes with or without Silman's earlier book "How to Reassess Your Chess". Illustrations.
Published November 1st 2000 by Siles Press

To ask other readers questions about The Reassess Your Chess Workbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reassess Your Chess Workbook

Bruce Rice
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have several of Jeremy Silman's books and have found each of the to be well organized and clearly written.

In my prior experience, chess books fell into one of two categories; those designed for beginners (sub 1000s), focusing on the bare basics and those designed for experts/masters (2000+). For the rest of us, Silman's books come as a breath of fresh air. Unlike the snobby and terse efforts (by grand masters for experts and masters) that preface complex variations with "Clearly" (when it is n
Buffalonickel
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a pretty awesome book. One of the best out there.

The author is great at looking at typical amateur mistakes and helping those people address the reasons why they are making those mistakes.

That seems be an awesome formula for helping players improve. Why aren't more books like that?!?!

This is definitely a book all amateur chess players should have.
Doug
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my second book by Jeremy Silman (first one was How to Reassess your Chess) and this book was just as amazing! More problems in each area of the game and just filled with great games and amazing annotations of games! It absolutely has increased my chess rating but also increased my confidence and enjoyment of the game too! Love this author and ready to start "The Amateur's Mind" tomorrow!
Murilo Andrade
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chess
In this excellent sequel of the series (alongside with How to Reassess your Chess and The Amateur's mind), Silman keeps the bar at a very high level.

The book consists basically of problems (part 2) and solutions (part 3 ). The first part serves as a reminder for the imbalances-based system introduced in the previous books, in the format of a crash-course. The other books are by no means pre-requisites for this one.

Overall the problems have a really good level of difficulty and sometimes are qui
Jason
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Silman's books all have a fabulous layout which makes what can be a tedious and boring subject more bearable. I especially like this book as a crash course into the various imbalances within a game of chess. Silman breaks each imbalance down into very adaptable rule sets any novice player can immediately use.
Ernest Cadorin
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chess
A little too advanced for me. I couldn't understand the rationale behind some of the decisions that were too obvious for him to explain.
Richard
Feb 15, 2015
Ben Johnson
Mar 30, 2014
Farhan Khalid
rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2015