Start by marking “Easy Money” as Want to Read:
Easy Money

Easy Money

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  168 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
In an honest, practical style, this book shows how to make your money work for you. Budgeting, saving, and getting debt paid off are explained in an easy to understand way.
Unknown Binding, 86 pages
Published September 3rd 2010 by Grass Roots Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Easy Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Money

LadyCello
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, finance
Not the most interesting book for those who have read many before (including her other ones), but for the target audience (people who are either ESL or have never read a PG book), it's a nice start. I would encourage chasing it with Debt-Free Forever.
Née
Feb 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
A very short, but very useful book about how to budget and how to manage your money. Many of these lessons I had already learned (some the hard way), but i love Vaz-Oxlade's approach to money. Very simple, and very seamless. If everyone thought about money the way she did...we'd all be a lot better off. Encouraged me to pick up her retirement savings book which I am now reading.
Aditi
Sep 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a good book overall, especially for Canadians. I like her clear and concise writing style. This is a starter book that teaches you how to create a budget and strategies to stick to that budget. One of the more surprising things Gail says (that I haven't seen other personal finance writers mention) is "if you have budgeted and still don't have enough for you basic needs - make more money" (paraphrased). According to her, even if you can figure out how to make $100-200 more per ...more
Kristal
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, finance
I read this in one sitting. Now that I'm married and no longer living with my parents I really want to get a handle on budgeting. This book was straight common sense, most of what I already knew but a great reminder and encouragement. One of the most helpful tips was the 5 reasons why budgets don't work: when I first made a budget a couple of months ago (actually, it was pretty much a list of regular expenses) I didn't include things that don't come up every month like dental, contact lenses, pr ...more
Rachel Nazareth
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: finances
A great book for those getting introduced to budgeting and the pros and cons of credit cards.

If I'd read this book 8 years ago I would have saved myself thousands of dollars and a lot of stress over finances.

Such is life, sometimes we learn the hard way.

I suggest any person in their late teens to early 20's to read this book. Its a straightforward read (I read it first in 1 hour while my little baby was sleeping) and now I'm re-reading it to makes changes to my own budget. Now I'm moving on t
Marissa
Jan 08, 2011 rated it liked it
If you've never done budgeting or if you're in debt, this is a great starter book. It's extremely basic and an easy read. If what you're looking for is in depth information about investing or saving, this book is far too simplistic for those needs. I'd give this book to a graduating student that may have little to no experience with financial management.
Terri
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
VERY quick read but super educational. She gets straight to the point and gives you frank, honest and easy to understand advice on how to manage your personal finances. I love her tell it like it is style and the easy to understand terminology. Now all I need to do is start taking her advice lol!
pianogal
Oct 21, 2014 rated it liked it
This is an excellent place - to start. Good, quick overview that will help point you in the direction you need/ want to go. Not comprehensive, but still helpful. Give yourself an hour to peruse this one.
Dee
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, 2013
This book was incredibly easy to understand with great advice to start turning your finances around immediately. It gives you a lot to think about, a lot to work with, and some insight into other ideas you may want to incorporate once you've got the basics down and your finances in control.
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks, meh, library, 2014
This book was a great overview on money management, but it did not really supply me with anything I hadn't heard of before.
Kim
Nov 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: financal
This was a fast book to read that nicely reinforced the basics of money management.
Trish
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, money, 2016
Gail made everything clear and simple.
Amy
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Short and sweet. If you've read her other books (like I have), you won't learn anything new. If you're a budget beginner, I'd highly recommend this as a primer.
Dru Skill
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Mostly how to handle your personal financial situation and how to avoid bad debt but living within your means.
Good Book !!
Victoria Lee
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very easy read, even if you hate reading, about money management. It has Gail's no-nonsense approach to handling money.
beentsy
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-done
Good, basic starter book for getting your financial poop in a group.
lindaleegrange
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lindaleegrange@gmail.com

Its a good book I've learned a lot from reading this book.I will be able to save more money.and balance my budget.
Melanie
Nov 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Longer version is better.
Janelle Riedstra
Aug 16, 2011
Evy Ekstrom
Jun 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Cold Hard Truth On Men, Women and Money: 50 Common Money Mistakes and How To Fix Them
  • Top Secret: A Handbook of Codes, Ciphers and Secret Writing
  • Stories from a Theme Park Insider
  • Stroll: Psychogeographic Walking Tours of Toronto
  • Sports Illustrated Kids Baseball: Then to WOW!
  • Circus
  • Time Now for the Vinyl Cafe Story Exchange
  • The Smart Cookies Guide to Making More Dough: How to Spend Smart, Get Rich and Live a Fabulous Life
  • Souvenir of Canada 2
  • The George Carlin Letters: The Permanent Courtship of Sally Wade
  • Live the Life You Love: In Ten Easy Step-By Step Lessons
  • Extraordinary
  • Easier Than You Think ...because life doesn't have to be so hard: The Small Changes That Add Up to a World of Difference
  • Black Apple
  • The Slow Fix
  • Wide-Open World: How Volunteering Around the Globe Changed One Family's Lives Forever
  • Persuasion: A New Approach to Changing Minds
  • The Invisible Sex: Uncovering the True Roles of Women in Prehistory
"Hello! I'm Gail Vaz-Oxlade. I'm a mother, step-mother, grand-mama, friend, confessor, writer, TV host, money maven, teacher, artist, and ex-wife. I'm loud, large and laugh a lot. I'm passionate about learning, committed to sharing and hell-bent on getting people to take control of their money and their lives.

I've written 13 books on personal finance, hundreds of articles for the financial media,
More about Gail Vaz-Oxlade...