Start by marking “O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook” as Want to Read:
O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook

O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  86 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Who wouldn't love to put fantastic foods on the table--extraordinary pleasures for everyday eating; simply delicious treats that can be prepared in record time; comfort food that brings family and friends together; luxurious meals that cost barely more than fast food; divine dishes perfect for guests or just for quiet nights at home? Now you can have all that and more, any ...more
Published April 29th 2008 by Hyperion (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O, The Oprah Magazine Cookbook

Kellea
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
One of my most recent library book finds is The Oprah Winfrey Magazine Cookbook. Where do I begin? First, it's Oprah so we shouldn't expect anything less than great. Second, while the recipes are gourmet, they are not so much so that regular folks like you or I couldn't make them. Third, it's a very colorful cookbook with fantastic photos on each page, just like I like them. For someone like me, cookbooks are like children't picture books and The Oprah Winfrey Magazine Cookbook will appeal to th ...more
Jessica
Jul 13, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cookbook "readers"
Shelves: cooking-food
I like Oprah and her magazine, but it often seems like a lot of the food featured in her magazine is very gourmet and complicated. I really like "reading" cookbooks, even if I don't think I'll be able to replicate the recipes, but I did find a few recipes from this one that I'll try out. It does have beautiful pictures, which is VERY important in a cookbook, and there is a section in the back about which of the dishes are quick, which would work the best paired together, etc.
Jamie
Feb 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
One of the only cookbooks I have gotten from the library and thought "I should just buy this cookbook." I've got almost every page marked as one that I need to copy for a later date (and it's convenient that they're all online so I don't have to actually *write* each recipe down. Haven't cooked any of them yet, though. It actually makes me think I should subscribe to the magazine, but since all the recipes are online, I don't think that's really necessary.
Christina
I get O Magazine and I love the recipes, so when I saw this book I had to buy it! There are a ton of full page, color photos and there is an index in the back that organizes the recipes by categories such as Healthy Choices and Dishes to Impress Guests. I have yet to actually try the recipes, but I will update my review when I do.
Marsha
A beautiful cookbook to look at but not especially inspiring to use. Given the magazine's audience and Oprah's emphasis on health, I found it disappointing for lack of nutritional information including calories per serving for each recipe.
Megan
Jul 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I'm a little dissapointed with this one because there are so many recipes I love from the magazine and only a few in the book that I'm willing to try.

I made the LEMON CHICKEN SCALLOPINI and it was Amazing! I will add this to my list of all time favorite recipes.
Bethany Lockhart
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
I haven't cooked a single thing out of this book. But I have stared at every incredible photograph again and again. The pictures of these dishes are truly amazing. That makes this one a keeper.
Michelle Ardillo
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Lots of great recipes in this book. Looking forward to trying them!
 Barb Bailey
I got a few new recipes out of this cookbook. Unfortunately the first one I tried I would not make again. Hopefully the others I copies will be better. The book was nicely done with good visuals.
Anonymous
Jun 13, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Found 3 recipes from 175 that interested me: Crostini with Wild Mushrooms & Mozzarella, Spaghetti al Limone (lemon) and Soy Cream Cheese frosting.
Terri Harrington
Some of my most complimented holiday dishes I got from this cookbook.
Katie