Start by marking “The Manny” as Want to Read:

The Manny

Tate Fuller's life is a God-awful mess. He's flat broke, his dead lover's parents are suing him again and his asshat landlord A.J. Boyd is evicting him from his bike shop, the one constant in Tate's life. He's starting to think things will never look up when sees an ad in the paper for a night and weekend nanny. So what if the guy who's doing the hiring is none other than ...more
Published (first published December 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Manny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Manny

Lauraadriana
Ok, I'm the first to admit, I pretty much am into anything with a kid in it. But this was really sweeet! Poor A.J. was left with a baby he didn't know about and much less what to do with. He loves his little girl, he just didn't know what to do! In comes Tate, Mr. Biker Dude and saves the day. They get a thing going, and well, you know...CUTENESS :O)

I loved this little story. Sara Bell has the short and sweet DOWN.

Well...Two stories in two days recommended to me by Bubbles which I have ABSOLUTE
vLadimiR
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I've been following Sara Bell's work since reading The Way You Say My Name and her books haven't disappointed me yet. This one is no exception.

Two hot men, one adorable little munchkin and a colorful assortment of family members? What's not to like.

Though the plot did have one of my pet peeves where one MC jumps into conclusion without hearing the other one out, the story was short enough for me not to linger on it much. Granted that it was also written a few years back so I think this kind of c
Heller
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful little read from Sara Bell. I think she really excels with novella length M/M works. They're short but really packed with emotion and background.

Tate is the owner/operator of a custom motorcycle shop and AJ is his evil landlord who is pushing for eviction. Both men have hard history behind them and circumstances occur where Tate becomes the live in nanny for AJ's daughter.

Tough, tattooed biker guy and hard-nosed boardroom shark bonding over a baby. What's not to love? They bo
Ami
Feb 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!! Two guys and a baby!!! Sara Bell has created two characters that are just so lovable. It's one of those "classic" romance that I totally love. A.J. is one sharp businessman, who finds out in one day that he has a daughter that he hasn't known exist before. Tate is one soft-hearted bike builder who is really good handling children as he is the oldest of nine kids. Add a cute baby in between, and yup, my heart just melt for them.

Though some of the background stories of either A.J. or Tate a
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Enjoyable sweet story!
Biker tattoo mechanic and a corporate suit and a baby!
I didn't quite see as much of the 'love and relationship' development and attraction that I would have liked, but it's still a very sweet, cute story with all the evil ex and knight in shining armor and misunderstanding combined with being set between thanksgiving and Christmas read!
Cole Riann
4.75 stars (rounded up)

Cute and sweet as hell with pitch-perfect pacing and length. Most authors would have probably made this into a 200-300 page novel, but this length worked perfectly!
Deeze
A sweet little romance story. AJ, Tate and baby Madeline are a perfect family lol.

While this is only a short read, Sara Bell still manages to give me a solid read, with enough plot to keep me entertained, and a HEA of course lol. 3.5 pushed to a 4 because I'm a Sara Bell fan lol.

ETA Still a sweet read. I only wish there was a sequel. I'd love to see how many embryos took
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
I really enjoy Sara Bell's stories and The Manny comes in second only to Heart Song.

What do I love about this little story?

One sexy hunk with tattoos a plenty and a soft heart. The visual of Tate teaching A.J. how to swaddle a baby was sweet like candy.

Another sexy hunk who's all yuppied out and also has a soft heart. A.J. wears cartoon boxers because they were a gift from his sibling's kid. Could he have stuffed them away somewhere? Yup. Does he? Nope, because then he wouldn't be A.J.

Animosity
DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

Okay, so I find myself in the minority once again because, sadly, this one was a bust. Although I love stories with kids in them ... check; and, I love enemies-to-lovers ... check check ... I didn't care for this book. Why? I don't like bitchy sisters who get up in everyone's business and flounce around telling everybody off. As. If.

Okay, so that's not exactly accurate. A bitchy sister wouldn't be enough to totally put me off a book. But here it was because A.J and Jake had some seriou
Aiva
Oh A.J. I love your cartoon Boxers.
Besides this story was sooo good, short but so emotional! Tate and A.J. are made for each other. And Madeline makes it even better. I admit it, I cried. Hell Sara Bell how could you do this to me? You wrecked me totally. I need more, like yesterday. I'am glad vLadimiR recommended this to me. Thanx
Bev
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bev by: Vladimir

Way too short!! Really liked this one. 4 stars from me.
YullSanna
Галопом по европам, или кратное содержание типичного мм романа.
Erotic Horizon
THE MANNY is one of those books where the beauty lies in the detail and I did enjoy those details. The books does not really veer far from the blur so this is more a round up of my thoughts on the book.

I came across Ms. Bells work recently and decided to start with this short read, The story begins straight off with the two main protags at each others throats and naturally my sympathies went with the underdog, which in this case was Tate Fuller.

Tate is barely managing, who am I kidding Tate is b
Lauren
3.5 stars - This book is perfectly summed up by the phrase 'short and sweet.' The Manny is a total comfort read and really hits the spot if you're looking for something cute to cheer you up and to put a smile on your face. I'd have liked it to be a little longer, although the story's development wasn't particularly lacking considering its length. There were a few plot points that I thought were a little unrealistic (I'm not sure if that's a completely fair judgement or if anyone else felt the sa ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to JustJen "Miss Conduct" by: Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Shelves: ebook, mm
I enjoyed this sweet story about a big, sexy motorcycle builder/mechanic who, by coincidence, ends up taking a job as nanny for A.J., his hot landlord, who means to evict him from his building. These two go from utter dislike to a super sweet, sexy lovimg couple with an adorable baby girl in the middle. I wish we learned a little more about their backstories and that it was just a tad bit longer. But, overall, this was just a nice, feel-good story.
Snowtulip
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Snowtulip by: ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Shelves: own, m-m
I was in the mood for sweet and light, but not eye rolling sweet and light...often a very hard balance to find, however The Manny complelety worked for me.

For a short story, this was written in a manner that provided you with enough depth of character to make you care. I loved the background, the dynamics, the heartwarming scenes and the amount of love that exudes off the pages.
Amanda
Dec 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stories about single fathers are always a win with me and this one is no exception. I don't know what it is about Sara Bell's writing that I love so much, but there isn't a story out there by her that I haven't fallen in love with. Here's to hoping she writes many, many more tales (and soon).
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
This is a sweet, cute short read,a breather after a intense read.I really love men taking care of a child or children and this one didn't disappoint.
John The Cosmic Wanderer
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
A daddy, his baby and the nanny, you can't go wrong those 3. Sweet & light read :)
Dee Wy
Two soft-hearted guys with a baby in the middle, need to work things out so they can be together. I really enjoyed how easily this story flowed to its HEA. Well worth a read!
Phaney
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
Ah, lovely emotions. A good, solid story about good, solid people who struggle a little with themselves. Just the right amount of easy reading with an exaggerated happy end.

I especially love how attraction and sex are not the focal point in any way whatsoever. That aspect feels more like an incidental extension of the emotional side than the main course.

And the romance itself is definitely not overplayed, which is probably why some reviewers felt a little disappointed in that regard, although it
Lily
Apr 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short story features the always fun to read opposites attracts and adds in a cute baby for a double whammy of entertainment. AJ and Tate are likable protags each with his own issues to deal with and despite not getting along in the beginning Tate is quick to help out AJ. Feelings develop, misunderstands occur and there is some sweet baby loving going on as well. Sweet, sexy and engaging this short story is one I'd love to read a sequel to.
L-D
I really enjoyed this short story by Sara Bell and actually would have enjoyed it as a full length novel. She managed to pack a lot of emotion and development into a short story in my opinion. I liked the characters of A.J. and Tate and love the enemies to lovers genre. I have liked everything of Sara Bell's that I have read to date!
Chris
Jan 17, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, romance, gay, ebook, short, done
Another sweet m/m romance from Sara Bell. This one’s about a male nanny/custom motorcycle designer and his evil landlord.
Shirley Frances
Jun 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nikki by: Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
4.5 stars - adorable!
Buttons
I really liked this one. Drama but not overly, sweet but not annoying, grown men panicking over a sweet baby, protective family... I will certainly read this again.
Kristen Stillwell
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Manny

I have read this book a bunch of times and each time I love it more is short but so worth reading I love the strong personalities of both main characters and the baby just made it so much better I love single dad mm books
  • A Nanny for Nate
  • Unlikely Hero
  • Countdown to Daddies
  • The Trouble With Angel (Baseball #1)
  • Making His List
  • Her Two Dads
  • Deefur Dog (Deefur, #1)
  • Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Good Life (Arbor Heights #3)
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • Fanning the Flames (The Match Before Christmas, #2)
  • Rock Paper Scissors
  • Bianca's Plan
  • Lost Treasure
  • One Small Thing (One Thing, #1)
  • Family Unit
  • One of Those Days
Sara Bell lives in North Alabama with the world's sexiest, most supportive husband, the two most beautiful, gifted daughters on the planet, and two of the most neurotic but loveable dogs ever created. She's a full-time author who writes stories about never-ending love for all kinds of characters--gay, straight, and somewhere in-between. Sara still can't believe she gets paid to do something she lo ...more
“Hell, Tate hadn't been to church in so long, he even wasn't sure they still held it on Sundays.” 1 likes