Start by marking “Beyond Capitalism and Socialism” as Want to Read:
Beyond Capitalism and Socialism

Beyond Capitalism and Socialism

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
240 pages
Published (first published March 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Capitalism and Socialism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Capitalism and Socialism

Stephen
May 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever had an experience where a variety of separate elements collided and combined to form something spectacular? You know - the perfect day, the perfect meal, the perfect date.

That's what this book did for me. Sparks were flying through my brain so fast I thought it would erupt. Epiphanies rained down with every page like manna from heaven.

The book combines and concentrates tons of different elements I've been studying and have believed in for years into a coherent and absolutely revolutionary p
Peter
Oct 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Thoughtful adults interested in reducing dependency on abstract and distant socio-economic machinery
Recommended to Peter by: I found it on accident
Beyond Capitalism & Socialism is a Catholic publication that discusses the Distributist, or paleo-corporatist, principles of Catholic thinkers such as Hilaire Belloc and G. K. Chesterton. This book draws heavily on Catholic social teaching found in papal encyclicals and claims to outline "Christian" or "Catholic" economics. There are a number of essays ranging from the intellectual to the anecdotal. The essays were contributed by 12 Catholic authors.

In fact, I believe that the economics of D
Steve
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A compilation of modern distributist thought. Well worth reading. As my understanding of the world matures so does my understanding of the evils purpetrated on the Family by both Capitalism and Socialism. The great minds of Belloc and Chesterton championed another economic therory, one based in common sense and historic reality: distributism. This book is worth reading as it strives to bring back dignity to man and his work: enabling man to fulfill his true purpose, the salvation of his soul.
Cynthia Egbert
Oct 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
There are a number of you out there who feel as strongly about agriculture and the need to return more people to an ag lifestyle as I do. The essays in this book are highly thought provoking, along these lines. These are all a new look at the Distributist movement and the ideas presented are tantilizing. I am not Catholic, but this is written by Catholics and has a Catholic bent. Some scholars spoke of having an issue with that in the online colloquium that I participated in regarding this book. ...more
Eduardo
Jan 29, 2014
Reggie
Feb 14, 2014
Aman Tewelde
rated it did not like it
Oct 17, 2015