Start by marking “Knitters Handy Book Of Patterns: Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes and Gauges (Interweave)” as Want to Read:

Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Spiral-bound, 112 pages
Published June 14th 2002 by Interweave (first published June 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Knitters Handy Book Of Patterns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitters Handy Book Of Patterns

Susana789
Oct 29, 2016 Susana789 rated it liked it
V knihe sú základné tipy, niekoľko postupov pre začiatočníkov. žiadne sofistikované či modernejšie ladené výstupy, ale úplný základ. To je výhoda a zároveň nevýhoda. Pre kontemporárnejší dizajn sa treba pozerať niekde inde.
Rebecca
Apr 28, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
I use this book often, love to be able to design my own stuff by using the charts and instructions.
Lynne Cantwell
May 18, 2014 Lynne Cantwell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts, knitting
I was so excited when I got this book. I can never find gloves that fit -- my palms are broad and my fingers are short (I say I've got square hands), and the fingers on mass-produced gloves are always too long for me. So the first thing I did was to make myself a pair of gloves. And they fit! And they weren't hard to make, either! That alone was worth the price of the book, to me.

Like Budd's other books in her Knitter's Handy Book series, this one provides you with directions for multiple basic
Anne Hawn Smith
May 13, 2014 Anne Hawn Smith rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for every knitter to have. You can start with any of the various patterns for sweaters, hats, mittens and socks in several weights of yarn and then use your own stitch patterns to personalize the project. There are guidelines for each type of pattern and suggestions for modifications. You can see some wonderful yarn and know that you can make something using this very handy book. There are plenty of fitting suggestions also, so you can always get a perfect fit.
Emily
May 01, 2011 Emily rated it it was amazing
This is a great knitting book... gives you a basic pattern and lets you design everything else yourself. It makes it really easy to use up that wonderful yarn that you don't have a project for. Knit a swatch, check your gauge and you are ready to go. I've made three hats so far.. one Fibonacci sequence, one based off of an Ethiopian scroll, and one with a cute little top knot.
Tilden
Nov 28, 2014 Tilden rated it really liked it
The patterns are simple and this book is exactly what it says. It's a good book to start with, learning how to knit sweaters, mittens, gloves, hats. The layout is a bit confusing, too busy and captions/titles would have made the instructions more clear. Ann Budd is a good designer/drafter to start your knitting adventure with.
Mary
Mar 23, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft
This book has a basic pattern with measurements to help make the item and make it to fit. Love this book and would buy it in heart beat if my library wasn't so nice about their loan policy (can keep it for a long time as long as no one else wants it).
Samcatbear
Feb 09, 2013 Samcatbear rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts
As with the Handy Book of Sweaters, a great knitting resource. I feel the patterns in this are a touch dated, and the hats aren't to my taste, but still an excellent go-to for basic patterns to use as a springboard for projects.
Judi
Apr 30, 2012 Judi rated it really liked it
Interweave is known for quality needlework books and this is no exception. Easy to read patterns in a large variety of styles, sizes and gauges in most knitted garments. Awesome. Made the socks and plain sweater so far, both in worsted weight yarn.
Amy H
Jun 29, 2011 Amy H rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knit-lit
Best pattern book for knitters of all levels. It is exactly what title suggests, patterns in basic styles and varying sizes. This book is a great value and will be a staple for all knitters.
Isabel
Jul 09, 2013 Isabel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-my-hands, own
an essential.
Amberjean
Feb 03, 2008 Amberjean rated it it was amazing
Fantastic reference for basic pattern shapes.
Tricia
Jan 31, 2016 Tricia rated it liked it
A very good reference. All the numbers and diagrams are intimidating to me and I knew the author had a real head for numbers when she mentions "Fibonacci series" socks in one of her books.
Dixie Diamond
Apr 15, 2011 Dixie Diamond rated it it was amazing
Great basic patterns!
PBnJ
Jun 06, 2014 PBnJ rated it really liked it
A basic set of flexible patterns for all skill levels. Very useful reference!
Sage
Nov 23, 2015 Sage rated it liked it
Hats
Ann Johnson Davis
Aug 04, 2008 Ann Johnson Davis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting-books
Very clear instructions for basic shapes, in an endless (seemingly) array of gauges and sizes. I've used this over and over whenever I'm after basic a silhouette to get creative with.
Heather McCoy
Jul 31, 2008 Heather McCoy rated it it was amazing
Completely and truly useful.
Missy
Jan 24, 2010 Missy rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts-and-arts
I am just learning and this seemed helpful and a little over my head all at the same time!
Nov 01, 2012 Laura added it
Very helpful - easy to follow - a go to book for beginners to advanced knitters.
Jan 19, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
A recipe for about everything you'd ever want to knit. My copy is rather wounded from heavy use.
Holly
Jun 09, 2008 Holly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: knitters of all skill levels
Shelves: knitting
This is one of the most used books in my knitting library. Sure, you could work out all these numbers for yourself, but why when Ann Budd has so graciously done it for you!
Tsimplekelly
Jan 07, 2009 Tsimplekelly marked it as to-read
I have seen this book and coveted it, but have yet to buy it. Would be a great resource
Larissa Brown
Jul 29, 2013 Larissa Brown rated it it was amazing
Another most wonderful book, especially for advanced beginners who want basic templates they can play around with.
Pam Novack
Feb 04, 2013 Pam Novack rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that most knitters would want to have in her/his collection. It looks like I'll be using it for my next scarf project, as I wasn't happy with offerings I found elsewhere.
Kelly Smith
Apr 23, 2011 Kelly Smith rated it it was amazing
This is a must-have for every knitter's library.
Anne
Jan 06, 2017 Anne rated it it was amazing
this is a great book. I learned how to knit hats, socks and sweaters from it. She is an excellent writer and her style is so clear.
Carla Miller
Dec 27, 2013 Carla Miller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knitting
Very useful reference book to keep on hand.
Sandy
Jun 26, 2011 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Great help when knitting for others.
Larissa
Dec 31, 2008 Larissa rated it really liked it
Invaluable. I want to be on "every" page but Goodreads won't let me.
  • A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns
  • Victorian Lace Today
  • Folk Socks: The History & Techniques of Handknitted Footwear
  • Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac
  • Sensational Knitted Socks
  • Scarf Style
  • Folk Shawls: 25 knitting patterns and tales from around the world (Folk Knitting series)
  • The Knitter's Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn
  • The Knitting Experience Book 1: The Knit Stitch, Inspiration & Instruction