Start by marking “All for One (The Four Lindas, #3)” as Want to Read:
All for One (The Four Lindas, #3)

All for One

(The Four Lindas #3)

Brimming with heart, humor, and a bit of mystery, this third book in Melody Carlson’s lively new Boomer series packs a poignant punch! Life is heating up for the four Lindas—and it’s not just hot flashes! Abby’s losing sleep over her husband’s health and neglecting her bed-and-breakfast dreams. Caroline may have waited too long to put her Alzheimer’s-afflicted mom in a car ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about All for One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All for One

Jerry
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just like with the previous entry in this series, I can understand what the characters go through, even if I'm not the target audience.
Heidi
Sep 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Thought it was a good book but not great. Felt a little flat to me. Plus this is not a stand alone book, you really need to read the previous books to get the whole picture.
Katrina Roets
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
One of my goals is to start reading through my physical book to be read pile alongside my official review books. After all, it makes it easier to downsize if I know if I actually like something or not! This book was sent to me ages ago by the author along with some of her other books after I won a contest that she was doing.

The Good:
This story had just enough "what's next" to keep me reading. The relationships between the characters seemed very real and thought out.

The Bad:
This was book three in
Nellie
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick Read

This is the third book of the 4 Lindas series.

Abby sets up her bed breakfast on a trial run with two guests.

Janie is setting up her office to begin her law practice in Clifdon.

Marley is settling in being an artist.

Caroline is still taking care of her mom. She has to decide when to put her in a home as her mom’s Alzheimer’s is rapidly progressing.

stacie
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I appreciated the religious undertones but thought the book lacked depth of characters. There was a lot of talk about Paul's health and how he treated Abby but no development of that storyline. There seemed to be a lot of speculation and lack of communication with the 4 Lindas and other people. An ok book but not the best work by this author.
Susan
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wholesome and Delightful

All for One continues the lives of the Four Linda's, their friendship, and how they support each other through life's challenges. I love the characters and the town and the family they've created for themselves. Big smiles as I read.
Carolyn Reardon
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining and light

This was a good, easy, entertaining book for me. I needed something to take my mind off my troubles. And this really worked. The characters were interesting as were the things that happened to them.
Liz
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yup, I'm Hooked!!!

Melody Carlson is not afraid to touch on tough topics, real life issues! And she does this very well!!!

Can't wait to read book 4 to see what our 4 ladies will face and how they will resolve all the issues facing them!

I am hooked!!!
Phyllis Viehmann
Easy, enjoyable fluff.
Juliet
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Friends Forever

This series is so realistic and gives a glimpse into the lives of four middle-aged women and issues facing them.
Diana
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think I liked this one a little more? Maybe?
Grace Roberts
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Immediately fell in love with this book. Slow beginning but once you get pass it, it's very good.
Pat
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must read, the love of friends & God. Heartwarming, true to life, good begats good!! A blessing to enjoy!!!
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Title: ALL FOR ONE
Author: Melody Carlson
Publisher: David C. Cook
March 2011
ISBN: 978-1-4347-6493-5
Genre: Inspirational/women’s fiction

Many years ago, four little girls named Linda met in the same first grade class. They became friends, and went by their middle names in order to avoid confusion. Now, years later, the Lindas are all grown up, and all living in the same town. Their friendship has survived, but they all have different challenges.

Abby’s husband has had a bad heart attack, and now Abb
Rachel Sides
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed the Four Lindas series by Melody Carlson about four women in their mid-fifties who have reunited after decades of living their own lives. Basically, these four women had a club in elementary school who meet up at a high school reunion and bond at the hospital when a classmate dies of a heart attack. Only one of the women has remained in their hometown, but life's ups and downs convinces the other three to move home and reconnect. All for One is book three in the series, and while I' ...more
Margie
Feb 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Melody Carlson continues to keep me reading in this third of four book series. She keeps developing each character while bringing in new people with twists and turns.

With each book there is a different one of the Linda's I seem to relate more closely to. It is great to see women who gather around each other in all situations. They stay honest with each other through the ups and downs.

I am ready for the last one. I hope she finishes as strong as has been through the first three.

Ope's Opinions.c
Marilyn Slagel
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I didn't realize this book is the 3rd in a series of 4 books. It is fine as a stand-alone,too. The series revolves around 4 friends, age 53, who met up at again at their 35th class reunion. It really spoke to the problems and emotions we go through as we begin to age. I'm 58 now, and these 4 friends graduated in 1973, the same year as me. I would recommend to all women, single, divorced, widowed, married. There's a friend for each of you.
Helensvale Library
Apr 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kate
Quite a nice book about four Lindas, who because of their name and all being in the same class at school decided to use their middle names. The story is based on their lives as middle-aged women learning to cope with elderley parents, children, grandchildren and new loves. A little bit light and fluffy but I enjoyed it. After I finished the book I realized that this was book three in a series, now I will have to go and read the other two
Rachel
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this continuation of the Four Lindas series. It's fun to get to know the girls on a deeper level, although I continue to be annoyed at the way one of them jumps to conclusions about her marriage. I can identify with Caroline's difficulties in the relationship with her mom, and I look forward to seeing how things are resolved in the next book.
Janna
May 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
This book was just ok. While it dealt with real life issues like divorce and death of a loved one and kid problems, it left me with a this-is-trite feeling. I kept stumbling over the "four friends since h.s. and we still live in the same town" issue too. Seems unrealistic.
Tarsha Woods
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lost, heart break, love and reconciltion placed all in Gods box brings forth calm, peace, forgiveness and pray. No matter what age you are in life we still have room for growth and improvement. The importance to keep friends in your corner/circle to lean or be leaned on.
Tiffanie
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
another one of the novels down. These books pull you in. I keep trying to guess how their going to end. These were the first books I have read by her and i'm going to have to search some of her other books because she's an amazing writer!
Andrea
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, christian, drama
This book was the third in the Lindas series and they seem to just keep going. I can't wait to read the fourth book to see how everything comes to an end.
Pat Morris
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third of the Four Linda series. Fun to follow how the lives of the four Lindas continue to change and grow.
Carolyn
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
TOUCHING. Realistic Christian fiction. I will finish the series.
Sandra
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying very much following the life of the three Linda's. Cant wait to see how it ends.
Mary Beth
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like the "Linda" books, but I totally disagree with her take on theology.
Doris
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Friendship and women over time.
Debbie
May 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Abby's character is still beyond annoying, but the other characters are great. Looking forward to reading the final book in the series.
Alex
Apr 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-books
Another good addition to this series. I think Janie might be my new favorite, and I hope the crazy ex wife gets her comeuppance in the last book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Mulligans of Mt. Jefferson
  • The Mailbox (Sunset Beach #1)
  • False Pretenses (Secrets of Roux River Bayou, #1)
  • House of Secrets
  • Tempest's Course (Quilts of Love, #13)
  • The Next Level: A Parable of Finding Your Place in Life
  • I Can't Make You Love Me, but I Can Make You Leave
  • The Renovation: Carter Mansion (Project Restoration, #1)
  • True Religion: Taking Pieces of Heaven to Places of Hell on Earth
  • Too Far to Say Far Enough (The Reluctant Prophet #3)
  • Desert Gift (Side Roads #2)
  • Threads of Hope (Quilts of Love, #5)
  • A Horse for Kate (Horses and Friends, #1)
  • A Heartbeat Away (Quilts of Love, #7)
  • You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes: And Other Great Advice from an Unlikely Preacher's Wife
  • Scraps of Evidence (Quilts of Love, #14)
  • Sons of Thunder (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Summer Shift
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi

The Four Lindas (4 books)
  • As Young As We Feel (The Four Lindas, #1)
  • Hometown Ties (The Four Lindas, #2)
  • Here's to Friends! (The Four Lindas, #4)