Start by marking “Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories: 1905 to 1906” as Want to Read:
Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories: 1905 to 1906

Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories: 1905 to 1906

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  228 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The book has no illustrations or index. Purchasers are entitled to a free trial membership in the General Books Club where they can select from more than a million books without charge. Subjects: Fiction / Short Stories;
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories

Manybooks
Please do note that this here two star rating is not in ANY manner, in ANY way meant to be a comment on L.M. Montgomery's fiction, her writing (for the most part, the collected, included stories deserve a four and often even a five star rating), but on the annoyingly and supremely user-unfriendly way in which Dodo Press has presented and published them. When I first became aware of the Dodo Press collection of Montgomery short stories I was excited, because from the title (Lucy Maud Montgomery S ...more
Maria
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
L.M. Montgomery is a genius. Probably many people have said that, but I mean it. I've been absorbing all her short stories over the past four days, and though I like the 'him-her' ones best, they're all fantastic.

In the later ones there's hints of Anne's House of Dreams and Anne of Avonlea, and even an entire chapter from Anne of Green Gables, but I don't mind. And wouldn't it be funny if that 'short story' is what prompted all of Anne?

The stories are from 1899 to 1928, and there are certain thr
Allison
More lovely short stories.
"books make very excellent comrades for people who know how to treat them"
"while friendship doesn't take the place of the love of one's own people, still it is a good and beautiful thing. Besides, there are other unhappy people in the world--try to help them when you meet them, and you'll forget about yourself."
"My dear child, the average woman is quite good enough for the average man. If she can cook his meals decently and keep his buttons sewed on and doesn't nag him
Julia
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These are great old fashioned stories. I enjoy listening to them!
Hayden
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Hayden, I thought you said you were taking a Montgomery break?"

Yes, well, I then found out about the Lucy Maude Montgomery Week being hosted by Eva, and I decided to go ahead and finish all six short story collections-after all, I was already half through already, and it would make a good post for the blog event.

See, a very legitimate excuse.

One thing about this book that is different from the collections thus far is the names-- you can definitely tell that Montgomery is coming into Anne-writin
C.G.
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-book-list
It is really fun to see character names (Anne, Gilbert, Walter Shirley), and even place names (Ingleside) pop up in these short stories. You really get the sense that these were LMM's practice stories for writing the Anne series, and each one of these short stories is every bit as lovely as her longer books. If you're looking for something simple to check out at the end of a long day, these are delightful to read in bed.
Sara
Apr 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories, juvie
You can tell that Montgomery had a collection of names and plots that she revisited often, since many of the storylines and characters in these short stories will be familiar to anyone who has read her full-length novels. A quick and easy read of old fashioned stories.
Trudy Pomerantz
These tend to get a little repetitive in that she uses the same basic storyline fairly frequently while changing some of the details. Still a pleasant read when I am in the mood for stories that end happily ever after.
Shenek
Dec 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been listening to these on Librivox. Some of the readers are great and some aren't. But I've been enjoying them. I really like seeing which snippets of stories ended up in which book and which name ended up with which character.
Teri Pre
Dec 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
Not bad...became very predictable towards the end though.
Erin72
Feb 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen
Really sweet, well written and interesting. Although after awhile the tragedies began to be a bit predictable.
Meg
I took a break from reading these short story collections but like the others, this was an enjoyable read and amusing to see what she came back to/reused in future stories.
Michelle Cooper
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I still love reading an L.M. Montgomery book once in a while. She's really predictable, but I just love her writing. She was my favorite author in middle and high school.
Oct 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Bomb Girls: Britain's Secret Army: The Munitions Women of World War II
  • The Golden Slipper and Other Problems for Violet Strange
  • The Story: Love, Loss and the Lives of Women: 100 Great Short Stories
  • Boyfriends, Burritos & an Ocean of Trouble (Real Life, #2)
  • The Sister of the Angels (Torminster, #2)
  • Wired Love: A Romance of Dots and Dashes
  • Short Smut: Volume Two
  • The Complete Stories of Theodore Sturgeon, Volume X: The Man Who Lost the Sea
  • Stories For Parents, Children And Grandchildren   Volume 2
  • Wicked Alphas, Wild Nights: Sizzling Collection of Paranormal Romance Scenes
  • Stars: Original Stories Based on the Songs of Janis Ian
  • The Book of Wonder
  • Anything for the Man of the House: Ten Brats who Learn how to Behave (Shameless Book Bundles 5)
  • The Orange Fairy Book
  • Heroes, Zombies, and Sausages
  • The Romance of a Christmas Card
  • One Step from Earth
  • The Mike Murphy Files and Other Stories
Lucy Maud Montgomery was a Canadian author, best known for a series of novels beginning with Anne of Green Gables, published in 1908.

The author of the famous Canadian novel Anne of Green Gables, Lucy Maud Montgomery, was born at Clifton, Prince Edward Island, Nov. 30, 1874. She came to live at Leaskdale, north of Uxbridge Ontario, in 1911 after her wedding with Rev. Ewen Macdonald on July 11, 1911
More about L.M. Montgomery...