Start by marking “The Art of Cars” as Want to Read:

The Art of Cars

In the tradition of the Toy Story films; A Bug's Life; Monsters, Inc.; Finding Nemo; and The Incredibles comes the newest film from Pixar, Cars, the story of a race car who learns that it's not all about the fast lane. In fact, life begins at the off-ramp. The Art of Cars invites you on an illustrated road trip with the most successful animation studio at work today. Ride ...more
Published May 4th 2006 by Chronicle Books

Start your review of The Art of Cars
Wesley Coburn
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everyone knows that the folks at Pixar are geniuses when it comes to storytelling. Everyone also knows how amazing the art is. This book goes behind the scenes in reproducing sketches from the drawing board, random gag ideas which weren't used, and reference photos and stories about the research process. It was amazing to study. ...more
Librarianfrog26
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favorite pixar and disney movie. I HAD to have this book. The reason i love this movie so much is my brother would watch it over and over again. Little did i know id become my favorite movie.
Indah Threez Lestari
508 - 2020
Ale Tosti
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: artbooks
I’m a big fan of the movie and this art book doesn’t disappoint at all. It really goes deep into the creative process of the movie and all the research they had to do. The book also has a lot of amazing backgrounds made with pastels and amazing sketches of all the characters.
Without a doubt it has become one of my favorites due to the amount of concepts it has and all the details and curiosities they tell you about how how Cars was made.
Well and also I’m a HUGE fan of pastels, and they use them
Parka
Mar 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The Art of Cars
(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

With that, the book brings you onto a fantastic journey on the creative process of creating Cars, the movie close to John Lasseter's heart.

The few pages of stories separating the art let you understand how research was done, what the artists learn and ideas they want to bring across to the audience.

This book is filled with plenty of concept art drawings. Pixar artists draw hundreds of drawings each day but only selected ones were included into the book due to
τλιϓλ
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art-of-books
Though I'm not big fan of this movie but I decide to buy the book for my youngest bro, I guess it will be a treasure for him when he grew because he likes this movie a lot.
Surprisingly I find my self enjoying the book, pictures and everything about it ^_^
Pat
Jan 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great art!
Matias Sepulveda
Ilia Kole
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'd like to give it 5 stars for Bill Cone's work, but I'm biased and as far as art books go it is a bit superficial and 'pr-talky'. Those pastels though.. ...more
Griff
May 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Great book!!!
William
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic Pixar book!
Asna
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
so many concepts and sketches of the places.
William Wallace
Feb 26, 2019
D Roberts
Feb 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art-books
A great book of concept art :)
Melissa

• The Crayon Box [Slipcase Edition]
  • Toy Story 4 Read-Along Storybook and CD
Art
See top shelves…
Michael Wallis is the bestselling author of Route 66, Billy the Kid, Pretty Boy, and David Crockett. He hosts the PBS series American Roads. He voiced The Sheriff in the animated Pixar feature Cars. He lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

News & Interviews