Start by marking “Cold Sight (Extrasensory Agents, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cold Sight (Extrasensory Agents, #1)

Cold Sight (Extrasensory Agents #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  1,157 Ratings  ·  170 Reviews
Leslie Parrish introduces Extrasensory Agents, a band of psychic investigators interested only in the cases nobody else wants-the coldest ones...

After being made a scapegoat in a botched investigation that led to a child's death, Aidan McConnell became a recluse. Still, as a favor to an old friend, Aidan will help on the occasional XI case. But under his handsome, rugged f
ebook, ePub, 284 pages
Published July 6th 2010 by Signet Eclipse (first published May 26th 2010)

Jul 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of RS a la Karen Rose
Don't do what I did (if you can help it) and drag this read out for a week. I'm sure this book would've been a whole lot more enjoyable if I could've made some time to read it consistently. I kept having to put it down, pick it up, put it was hard to keep the tension going reading it that way. However, once I was able to devote more time to it, it got harder to put it down, and the book took off for me. The first 100 pages are so are used to set up the story, and set up the series, so ...more
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: journalism
Cold Sight
4 Stars

Girls are disappearing in the seemingly quiet town of Granville, Georgia, but the only one interested is reporter Lexie Nolan. After another girl is abducted, Lexie turns to disgraced psychic, Aidan McConnell for help and the two soon find themselves embroiled in a web of deceit that is about to hit a little too close to home…

Well-written characters, a solid romance and an intense suspense plot.

Lexie and Aidan's push/pull vibe is very appealing and their interactions are believ
Jul 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: enjoyed authors previous series
Yet another highly enjoyable romantic suspense read by Leslie Parrish (aka Leslie Kelly). I really loved her Black CATs trilogy and was looking forward to the first book in this new series. Parrish didn't disappoint. This book was almost a 5-star read.

Series Note:
First book in Parrish's new light paranormal romantic suspense series (Extrasensory Agents) about investigators that possess various 6th sense abilities.

Lexie Nolan is a reporter in a small Georgia town who starts investigating
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Awesome read...a murder mystery/thriller suspense novel but also a romantic suspense and the the whole thing worked fabulously. The writing was excellent the story kept moving and didn't drag at all the secondary characters were fully fleshed out and you cared about them. The mystery/who dun it aspect was amazing, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Totally recommend for those who love mystery thrillers and a suspense romance...was excellent!
Granville, Georgia is plagued by a serial killer...Or is it? When reporter Lexie Nolan ran the story of several teenage girl gone missing, she was shut down, and almost lost her job, while the chief of police and all the prominent citizens claimed the missing teens were just runaways. Especially since they were from the “bad part of town”.

Well, the Ghoul, as some have dubbed the presumed serial killer, has struck again. This time kidnapping a girl from the bad part of town going to school in the
Aug 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a nutshell: The thriller aspect of the book was a rush. Romantic aspect, OK. I'm glad the RRRC group picked this; I probably wouldn't have found it otherwise.

Allow me to begin by saying that if one were to ask me whether I'd recommend this book, I'd suggest reading this book more for the suspense aspect than the romance.

Now that that's out of the way. :o) This book follows multiple perspectives of the residents in the sleepy town of Granville Georgia: chiefly those of clairvoyant Aiden McConn
Oct 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great way to start a series. This was really well written. Had me hooked from page one. Love the mystery aspect and man I was so wrong on who the baddie was. Darn it! lol Actually I am glad I was wrong cause I kinda liked this person. This book had truly sick people in it. Talk about passing down your sickness to your children. It was disturbing. That was just part of the mystery. There was also the serial killer aspect as well. One leads into the other . The H/h were so great together. Loved th ...more
Granville, Georgia is plagued by a serial killer…Or is it? When reporter Lexie Nolan ran the story of several teenage girl gone missing, she was shut down, and almost lost her job, while the chief of police and all the prominent citizens claimed the missing teens were just runaways. Especially since they were from the “bad part of town”.

Well, the Ghoul, as some have dubbed the presumed serial killer has struck again. This time kidnapping a girl from the bad part of town going to school in the go
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Reporter Lexie Nolan did a story on a series of missing teenage girls, the Chief of Police accused her of inventing a serial killer to explain a bunch of runaways. But Lexie isn't about to give up, especially when teenager Vonnie Jackson disappears after an Honors Society meeting at the school. The police want to chalk it up as an other runaway, but Lexie knows there is evil in their midst. Since the cops won't help, Lexie approaches Psychic Detective Aidan McConnell, a handsome recluse who ...more
This was an awesome kick off to the series. I thought that Aidian and Lexi were hot together. Aidian used to find missing people and got burned badly and a child was lost. So he became a recluse. Lexi is an upfront and honorable reporter determined to tell the truth and got burned. Now they have to come together on common ground before more young girls are lost. I love these types of paranormal books, with no werewolves, vampires or changelings. Not that I don't like those as well. I also liked ...more
Shannon C.
Jul 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantic suspense fans, paranormal romance fans
Very good romantic suspense with a touch of paranormal

The suspense/mystery was well done. I would have liked a little more focus on the romance, but overall it was an entertaining read. I liked the main characters and was especially impressed by the brave teenager who was kidnapped. What she went through was difficult to read about.

I like the cover design and how they actually picked a guy that looks like the hero in the book. But their marketing department must have a total 'cheesemiester' work
From start to finish, the suspense had me turning pages as I tried to figure out who committed the crime. I was on the edge of my seat until the reveal and still didn’t suspect the villain! There is a smidge of romance between Lexie and Aidan that I wish had more development, however the mystery and suspense kept me plenty occupied that the romance was more a cursory afterthought.
Jun 14, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fv-review
Don't you hate it when an author has a great storyline to work with but just doesn't quite tap in to make it amazing? That's how I feel about Cold Sight, the new release by Leslie Parrish. And while this book held great potential with plot and characters, it quite frankly bombed for me after the prologue.

In the prologue, the serial killer is telling bedtime stories, Wes Craven style, to his latest teen victim who he has chained to a bed in a dark, dirty basement. This sets up the latest abducti
As much as former psychic investigator Aidan hates reporters - having been 'tried' in the Press for a mistake in his last case - when his small town exile is invaded by local reporter Lexie - who has suffered her own disgrace at the hands of her fellow journalists - Aidan finds himself unable to resist Lexie's plea for help finding a missing girl - and they soon find themselves on the trail of a serial killer who has been behind the disappearances of a suspiciously larger number of 'runaways'.

Jul 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cold Sight : Extrasensory Agents by Leslie Parrish
Paranormal Romance – July 6, 2010
5 Stars

Aidan McConnell, a physic detective, left Savannah for Granville after a botched investigation that left his reputation and conscience in tatters. Unfortunately, his wish of living a peaceful life was not to be. Alexa Nolan, a small time reporter in Granville, believes that there’s a serial killer at large, abducting and killing girls from the poor side of town. When another girl goes missing, Alexa has to
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the last week I have read a few clunkers. I've been seeing Leslie Parish's Extrasensory Agents series popping up on my Goodreads friend's feed and decided to give it a shot.

Book one is Cold Sight. It is based around Aiden McConnell, a psychic who can connect with people he has had contact with to see, hear, or smell through their senses. It is not always in real time, or real at all. He can also connect to them through their dreams.

Aiden has some issues letting go of guilt from problems wit
Jun 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-2010
This is my first read by Leslie Parrish. Though her previous trilogy got a lot of buzz, I wasn't in the mood for RS at that time, so I skipped them. If they're half as good as this one was, I'm truly sorry for it now.

I had major reservations going in because the heroine is a reporter and we all know I have major reporter issues. But it was almost like Parrish heard all my bitching complaints and customized her reporter to my tastes. She wasn't TSTL, or more interested in advancing her career tha
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I believe it is the first book I have read by this author and I have just finished book 3 of this series (review coming). The suspense is well-written as is the romance, but the romance takes a little bit of a back seat to the suspense story, which I am fine with. The suspense tale was very interesting and the romance is more "tell than show", which can be quite refreshing instead of intimate scenes every few pages (although I don't mind those either)! LOL

Another thi
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOWZA This book had me on the edge!!!! Aiden is a reclusive psychic and Lexie is a reporter. Together they try to find Vonnie and other missing girls. This book had some dark subject matter and my heart broke for Vonnie….what a crappy mom. I love paranormal but normally not anything like this (I don't know why because I love movies like this and this could be a movie!!) I’m now a fan. I couldn’t stop reading. I loved the “dream” and how connected they were after that.

This is the first in the se
Good story, it kept me guessing who the Vulture was! Gritty storyline as to why these girls were chosen for kidnapping! Many times, I'd just put the book down get away from it.
Just how identical are identical twins? I know their fingerprints aren't, but considering their ages it's not farfetched those may not be on file, but what about their dental records? Are those identical?
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this. It was recommended by another of my favorite authors, Nalini Singh, and I am looking forward to the next!
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great story but I kind of wish the author had dedicated as much time to smoothly develop the romance and the epilogue as she did with the twisted mind and actions of the villain.
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Psychic detection is almost at the bottom of my list of paranormal genres (a strong aversion to the hundreds of fraudulent psychic detectives out there, and the tabloid press and TV channels that feed off them) so I'm not sure why I decided to try Cold Sight. Maybe it was a positive review of the second book in the series.

I surprised myself by not only deciding to start with the first in the series -- on the optimistic assumption I'd get around to No. 2 -- but also by actually finishing it in tw
Christina T
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This romantic suspense book has everything I could want. A mysterious hero with baggage. A snarky intelligent woman who represents everything our hero detests. A deviously twisted sociopath who has kidnapped yet another teenage girl in a town that has put up blinders to what is happening in its poorer section. Sizzling attraction between our H/h. And Psychics.

I seriously love a psychic twist on the paranormal genre. With so many vampire and werewolf stories it is refreshing and somehow more rea
Laura (Kyahgirl)
I've liked everything I've read by Leslie Parrish and this is no exception. The mystery wasn't particularly original but it didn't detract from the story. The fact is, since we're dealing with humans and humans are known to have a pretty common set of dysfunctions (malfunctions?) the mystery was all the more believable. Parrish introduced some interesting characters along with their 'gifts'. Aiden and Alexa were likeable and despite the fact they had their baggage, it didn't make them behave too ...more
Oct 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf, own
A very well written book with interesting characters. The emotionally damaged physic and the almost discredited female reporter. The sleepy small town in Georgia with everything on the surface looking just peachy. LOL.

However, this book just isn't for me. The crimes were just too gritty and ugly and the romance between our H/h just not enough to compensate me for my time. If I want realistic crime I only have to watch the TV news, I don't want to read about it.

Sadly, whilst I really like the pre
Monica Lombardi
Three and a half stars.
I liked the beginning and I liked the final part so I was tempted to give it four full stars, but I found it sluggish in the middle part, with the story and most of all the interaction between the two main characters failing to fully capture my interest, so everything considered it's closer to three than to four stars for me.
In the "good" parts the writing was also good, so I'll probably read the second episode, too.
Megan L Harnett
I loved this book! It was a really well done story all around. It had the right amount of romance, suspense, mystery, and crime. The author also gives you the story from all the characters point of view. I still didn't know who the kidnapper was until it was revealed and it kept me in suspense the whole time. I am looking forward to the next book in the series!
The first book in the Extrasensory Agents series. This was alright for me but I felt it lacked something. I just didn't feel the romance in this one. The story itself was good and I really was interested in the who dunnit part.
  • Waking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1)
  • Skin Tight (Skin, #2)
  • The Departed (FBI Psychics, #2)
  • Love You to Death
  • Thread of Fear (The Glass Sisters, #1)
  • True Vision (True Trilogy #1)
  • Chosen by Blood (Para-Ops, #1)
  • At the Edge (Psychic Triplet Trilogy, #1)
  • Game Over (Guardian, #1)
  • Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1)
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • A Man To Slay Dragons
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)

Extrasensory Agents (4 books)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Cold Memory (Extrasensory Agents #3)
  • Cold Image (Extrasensory Agents Book 4)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
“Psychics do it when they're not even there.” 1 likes