Start by marking “Lucky Girl” as Want to Read:
Lucky Girl

Lucky Girl

Stella Moon isn't much for change. Why else would she have left her hometown to study music in London only to scurry back to teach scales to overgrown brats and the occasional curious adult? But sometimes you can't escape change, especially when it's staring you in the face (like, for instance, your boyfriend walking out on you), nipping at your heels (new kids next door w ...more
Published September 26th 2006 by Red Dress Ink (first published April 10th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Lucky Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky Girl

Start your review of Lucky Girl
Jan
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hmm...not a jolly, LOL kind-of-book...it seems as if the main character is living her life underwater, sort of muted and slow-moving. That is the mark of a talented author! I enjoyed reading this novel.
Melanie
Oct 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book doesn't fit under the usual bubbly, fun, pink chick lit umbrella - I wouldn't even class it that way except that it's published by Red Dress Ink. It's more of a story about family, relationships with family, the definition of family, etc. than it is a romantic novel. Sure, there's a touch of romance, but mostly you follow the main character as she finds herself and comes to find out more about her family. That said, it is a really wonderful book, definitely worth the read. I really enj ...more
Rachel Brand
Jun 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008, library
The British cover and blurb suit the book a whole lot more than the one featured on GoodReads. For one thing, the GoodReads/US blurb makes this book sound like a chick-flick, which this book definitely isn't. It was a very thoughtful novel, with unusual sub-plots and characters. I very much enjoyed reading it. 9/10 ...more
Colette
Jan 20, 2008 rated it did not like it
I love red dress ink books, so I picked this book hoping for a good chick lit read...it had potential in the beginning, but there were too many characters, and from what I remember of the ending it made me want to throw it across the room when I finished it.
Kirstyn-maree
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
A captivating tale about gaining the courage to face up to the truth that life is never perfect, and gaining the strength to free yourself from the burdens of your past, so that you can move on. Beautifully written and very addictive, this is one of my favourite books of all time.
Elissa
Jan 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Beth, Heather, Tina
Shelves: read-2009
I would probably give this a 3.5 if we could do halves...

Better than your average chick lit novel. Much more to the story than just a romance. I really like the characters - especially the two neighbor girls, Midge and Jojo.
Mary
Jan 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this book and it was a great story with an interesting character. For me, it was something to look forward to reading when I got home from work. I think you will enjoy it too!
Shannon
Jan 27, 2009 rated it it was ok
eh. didn't just do much for me. kinda slow. nothing real exciting. no crazy twists. eh. ...more
Vanessa Kinney
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the book is between a chick flick, a real literature and a cook book. i loved it! the ending gripped my heart :) :) :)
Kimberly Sioco
Jun 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm a little lost at first, but Gibson's way of writing also reminds me of Meg Cabot. :) ...more
Rora
Dec 29, 2008 rated it it was ok
At first it was interesting then nothing happened and felt bored
Melissa0919
Nov 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book a lot, it was quirky, touching, interesting - until the last few chapters. Suddenly a few twists happen, and the ending of the book imo was not very good.
Nicole
Sep 14, 2008 rated it did not like it
Just couldn't get into the story, but I kept with it. Then it just ended up being so sad all the time. ...more
Amy Terhorst
Apr 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Another good, easy read.
Aj
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is stuck in the no-man's land between delicious chick-lit and meaty literature. It is neither/nor, which makes you wonder what the point is. ...more
Amanda Astbury
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
I usually love this authors books but just could not get into this, only read about 30 pages
Deborah
Jul 13, 2011 rated it liked it
The book was okay, but not what I would call chick lit. There are recipes and a little food talk but book is in no way a foodie read.
Kerri
May 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot, especially since the main character was a music teacher. I liked how the author went back and forth between her current life and childhood.
Caroline
Feb 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comtemporary
Lovely book beautiful storyline very heartwarming made me cry!@ x x
mary cassidy
Sep 30, 2016
Hiatsita Shinana
Jan 08, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Has Anyone Seen My Sex Life?
  • Christmas at Aunt Elsie's: a delightfully festive, feel-good romance and the perfect Christmas treat.
  • A Year of Being Single
  • Temptation Street
  • No, We Can't Be Friends
  • My One Month Marriage
  • Friday Night with the Girls
Fiona is an author and journalist who has written for many UK publications including The Observer, The Guardian, Marie Claire, Red, New Woman, Top Sante and Elle. She writes a monthly column for Sainsbury’s magazine and is a Contributing Editor at Red magazine.

Fiona lives in Scotland with her husband, their twin sons and daughter. She likes to draw, run 10k races, play her saxophone and lie in th

News & Interviews