Start by marking “Ari: The Life and Times of Aristotle Onassis” as Want to Read:
Ari: The Life and Times of Aristotle Onassis

Ari: The Life and Times of Aristotle Onassis

In 1965, Ari Onassis personally summoned Peter Evans to write his life story. After months of exclusive conversations, years of extensive research, and in-depth interviews with Onassis's friends, lovers and rivals, Evans produced the only true, full account of the charismatic and ruthless Aristotle Onassis. To be a major ABC miniseries in February. 32 pages of photos.
Published March 1st 1988 by Jove Books (first published June 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Ari, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ari

Start your review of Ari: The Life and Times of Aristotle Onassis
Inti Willka
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
If there`s man who inspired me to live my life as my life`s last day, that was Ari Onassis.
"...behold, I`m not a Greek god but I am not wasting my lime complaining against it.."
I idendify with his life...really he was charismatic and hardworking guy that could sell ice to skimo.

One morning his mates repeated him " sorry Ari, you can try it again next year" (because the young Onassis did not pass the final exams of his school). "Stupids...you`re so small, even this city is too litle to me...one
Man Os
Jul 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Το μόνο θετικό που βρίσκω σε αυτό το βιβλίο, είναι ότι τελείωσε επί τέλους!

Το ύφος του συγγραφέα και γενικότερα η γραφή του, ταιριάζει πιο πολύ σε κοσμικό περιοδικό παρά σε βιογραφία. Άπειρες αναλύσεις και σελίδες επί σελίδων για φορέματα και στυλιστικές παρατηρήσεις. Γενικά πολύ κουραστικό βιβλίο που σε συνδυασμό με τις πολλές ανιστόρητες παρατηρήσεις του συγγραφέα (π.χ. οι Κύπριοι της ΕΟΚΑ ήταν τρομοκράτες που μάχονταν την νόμιμη αγγλική κυβέρνηση στην Κύπρο) το έκαναν ακόμη χειρότερο.

Και σαν
Tralala Tralala
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read the French version.
Didn't enjoy it as much as Nemesis, but this one talks more about the intricacies of his business, which was nice.
Aslanbek
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best
I find this book much better than the second one, Nemesis, which is more about who fucked whom how many times and some far-reaching claims about killing Bobby Kennedy, and was obviously written to be as scandalous as possible long after all of the actors were dead and could not deny anything. (An interesting reading, nevertheless.)

This one concentrates on business methods and life philosophy of Ari, as well as provides complete timeline of his life. So, although it's a very sad life story, I
Constance
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Few sons, indeed, are like their fathers. Generally, they are worse; but just a few are better....Homer, Odyssey

Peter Evans is the master of biographies. He did not disappoint with Ari.
I found this book to be fascinating, filled with history and details of what really happens in the world of shipping tycoons. This was more about deals & steals than women & wine. Of course that was mentioned because it was a part of Ari's life. He was a genius and a true Greek.

The story was of Ari and as
Kent Johnson
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
I can't say the biographer's writing was bad, the writing was quite good. It's the subject matter. I made it a little over half way, (page 215 out of 329)and I just couldn't stand Onassis. The man seemed to wander through life screwing up women's lives by constantly wanting to have an affair with someone who in reality was perfectly happy.

The book brushed over the details of the shipping business and his ascension into the ranks of the truly wealthy and concentrated on his affairs, the way he
Robbie
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm not big on biographies, but I enjoyed this one - great book! He led an interesting life for sure!
Gregory Broderick
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was insightful in so far as being exacting in the definition of Onassis as a MAN!
Elli B
Eric
Sep 03, 2009
Joe
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok but nemesis, his later book reveals inaccuracies in this book.
Camo
Mar 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Salt: A World History
  • The Success System That Never Fails
  • The Wal-Mart Way: The Inside Story of the Success of the World's Largest Company
  • Revolutionary Wealth
  • End of the Line: The Rise and Fall of AT&T
  • McDonald's: Behind The Arches
  • Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco
  • Be My Guest
  • For God, Country & Coca-Cola: The Definitive History of the Great American Soft Drink and the Company That Makes It
  • The Facebook Effect: The Inside Story of the Company That is Connecting the World
  • That Will Never Work: The Birth of Netflix and the Amazing Life of an Idea