Start by marking “Word of Honor (Newpointe 911, #3)” as Want to Read:
Word of Honor (Newpointe 911, #3)

Word of Honor (Newpointe 911 #3)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  3,088 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
In the third book in the Newpointe 911, Jill Clark learns the meaning of covenant when she is taken hostage by a suspect in a deadly bombing but isn't convinced he's guilty.
Published July 27th 2009 by Zondervan (first published April 3rd 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Word of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Word of Honor

John
Jul 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Great book. Better than the 2nd in the series...About the same as the first.

The only complaints I have is this obsession Terri has with making the men this "savior figure." I'm ready for a strong female character to mix things up a little.
Sheila Myers
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Another great book in the Newpointe 911 series. This one was very exciting.
Sarita
I enjoyed the third book more than I did the second. The information about what 'covenant' means was informative and very interesting and made me understand the Godly covenant a lot more.

The story around the suspense and the suspects was more believable than in book 2. The true culprit was a bit crazy and it was quite suspenseful reading his point of view and seeing his plans.

The relationship between Jill and Dan - I went between liking it, being frustrated by is, liking it again - much like the
Whitney Evans
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I happened to be reading this at the same time as I was reading some Old Testament stories for my Bible Reading Plan. I was not only entertained, but I also learned a few things!
Sandy Sandmeyer
Mar 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terri Blackstock writes the most interesting and addictive books ever AND she's a Christian, so her books have great messages without being preachy or annoying. I can't wait to get to each new book and new series. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
Cf
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have lost my excitement for this series. Taking a break before I continue with book 4. Jill was a doormat for Dan who was a tool.
Coralie
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 3 in Blackstock's Newpointe 911 series, and a lovely addition at that. I thoroughly enjoyed the concept of covenant woven throughout the book. I'm falling more and more in love with this little town and it's residents the more I read about them. I wish I'd picked these books up ages ago. The suspense and intrigue drew me in from page one, as is Blackstock's specialty. And the characters are...like normal people! She creates a realistic voice which portrays our human struggles. These ...more
Brie
A sad book with a sad ending to the life of the family
Nola Redd
Mar 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a clean, crime novel
Jill Clark is staying in a hotel room when she hears about the bombing of the town post office and the death of three people. Suddenly, her room door implodes and a gunman, pursued by the cops for the crime, is holding her hostage. Willing to do anything to escape, the lawyer promises to defend the man who claims innocence if he surrenders – then finds herself faced with keeping her word once he releases her. The more time passes, however, the more Jill comes to believe that the man could be tel ...more
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
: I love reading books by Terri Blackstock so it was hard to just take this one home from the library. The action starts right away with the town’s post office being bombed and all of the fear and maybe’s that follows especially with the death of three people one of them the mother of the young boy who was found outside of the post office. It was thought that he had been thrown out of the post office when the bomb went off. They caught the person who they thought was the killer at a local hotel ...more
Karen & Gerard
Word of Honor is a fast-paced novel about Frank Harper, a Vietnam war veteran who suffered brain damage while saving others in his unit, who escapes from the mental hospital and plants a bomb in a post office of a small town which kills three people and badly injures a little boy.  Frank gets Jerry, an army buddy whose life he saved, involved by asking him to drive him to the post office that day.  While Jerry waits for Frank to come to meet him at a hotel later, the police arrive instead and Je ...more
Pam Manley
I've read one other book by Terri Blackstock, and I remember it being really good. Either this particular one was not a page turner or I have gotten a little more disciplined about putting down a book in order to go to bed. One thing I didn't like about the book was there wasn't much mystery to it. The villain was revealed way too early in the book, and it was obvious the two main characters would finally get married at the end. Unlike most fiction & mysteries I've read, I was able to notice ...more
Audrey
It was like going back and meeting old friends in a familiar small town community that I visited before. It was homey and comfy but the suspense pulled me in and I wasn't able to put the book down. I was sitting on pins and needles until the close of the story. Jill is thrown into a difficult situation where a promise made helps her escape. (Ok,that's putting it really mildly but I am not going to give away the story!:) Is a promise made under duress binding? I loved how the message of Biblical ...more
S
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good read. This is the third book in the Newpointe 911 series and it keeps the reader’s attention. It is different than most books in that you know immediately who committed the crime. But the way the author weaves the storyline, you keep wondering what is going to happen next. There were times when I thought, the book just has to be over, but then something else would happen and I would read on, thoroughly enjoying the remainder of the read. I have already gotten Book 4, Trial by Fire, ...more
Barbara
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not only does this book have a lot of thrills, but it has sound Bible teaching in it. What do you think of when you hear the word covenant? Would you honor one you've made to your death? This book explains how a covenant comes about and how to hold one. You find yourself rooting for the bad guy, but only because he is so misunderstood. Terri doesn't end her books abruptly. About 3/4 of the way through, you know who the real bad guy is, but the author leads you on a chase that comes to a well tho ...more
Michelle
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Terri Blackstock is one of the first Christian suspense authors I discovered and I'll always be grateful for her introducing me to this genre. This is an older series, and as such, the story feels a little dated. I like how the characters go on deep, spiritual journeys and actually grow throughout the book. Dan and Jill's story is my favorite of the series. I'd recommend this book to those who enjoy romantic suspense with a deep spiritual thread.
Carol
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have really enjoyed this series. The writing is excellent. I love how the characters are related in books, but you can still read any one of the books without reading the others. I love the faith entwined with everyday feelings and doubts.
Jeanette Grant-Thomson
A good action story with an interesting premise and a love story. But I didn't love this novel. I didn't think Dan was good enough for Jill! Point of view wavered at times. I did want to see how it all worked out though.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I liked this book. I like books that combine the elements presented within this book. Since I read so many books similar to this, Blackstock had a lot to live up to. Despite that fact, I did enjoy reading this book. It's a one-time-read, but I am glad I read it.
Sarah Rose
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book kept me turning pages into the wee hours because I couldn't put it down. It had lots of suspense, mystery, and action. I really liked the spiritually topic that Terri highlighted in this book and it made me think and apply it to my own life.
Rebecca
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was another great suspense. I loved the spiritual lesson about convenants that Jill and Dan learned, and it was fun seeing how the characters from previous novels were getting along in their lives as well.
Lindsey
Though fast-pasted and elements of interesting characters/plot moments...there were several times where I felt tricked into reading a romance story rather than a suspense story.

Favorite quote: "At least you're modest."
JoAnn
This whole series has been great, and this book is no exception. I enjoyed seeing most characters being developed by Terri and seeing how they work through tragedies and life in general. I recommend this book and series.
Heather Milburn
Jul 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of these Newpointe 911 novels are fun, fast paced reads. I really enjoyed them, however.....if you are an avid reader and your eyes are drawn towards misprints and editing mistakes....BEWARE. I have never found so many mistakes in my life. It drove me insane.
Jesi
Another great read! And considering that I don't read that much, you know that this book is worth reading when you learn that I actually finished it!
I can't wait to get my hands on the 4th book in the Newpointe 911 series!
Carol
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No mystery in "who done it" but opened my eyes to how I am living my faith.
Nicole Jarrell
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great novel, not just because the story and characters were wonderfully crafted, but also because the message was interesting and thought provoking.
Rayel
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an interesting look at PTSD from the perspective at least part of the time of someone who is suffering from it.
Shelly
Nov 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianfiction
So far this is the best one in the series to me. It seemed a bit more suspenseful than the others. I didn't get bored with the plot...it didn't slow down.
Lisa
Another great book in the Newpointe 9/11 series. this one took on another spin in the series. great read! ready for book four!
  • Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)
  • Showers in Season (Seasons, #2)
  • True Courage (Uncommon Heroes, #4)
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
  • An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico, #2)
  • Vital Signs (Baxter #3)
19811
Terri Blackstock is a New York Times best-seller, with over six million copies sold worldwide. She is the winner of two Carol Awards, a Christian Retailers Choice Award, and a Romantic Times Book Reviews Career Achievement Award, among others. She has had over twenty-five years of success as a novelist.

Terri spent the first twelve years of her life traveling in a U.S. Air Force family. She lived
More about Terri Blackstock...

Newpointe 911 (5 books)
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
  • Shadow of Doubt (Newpointe 911, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Newpointe 911 #4)
  • Line of Duty (Newpointe 911, #5)