Start by marking “Unfriendly Competition (Canterwood Crest, #12)” as Want to Read:
Unfriendly Competition (Canterwood Crest, #12)

Unfriendly Competition (Canterwood Crest #12)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  921 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Sasha is one of four students who will be expelled if one of them does not confess to being the author of a malicious blog, as she prepares for a surprise birthday party for Heather and a major riding competition.
Published January 4th 2011 by Aladdin (first published December 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Unfriendly Competition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unfriendly Competition

Dec 10, 2010 rated it liked it
*some spoilers*
I have been following Canterwood Crest since the beginning. At first I really enjoyed it, but then it became unrealistic and melodramatic. I get its supposed to be set at an elite boarding school and that these girls parents just flow money, but it was hard to relate. I also became frustrated when the main character made decisions that made absolutely no sense. Sasha seems to destroy most of her relationships and yet in the end she ends up with the perfect life. Hot boyfriend, dre
Ally!
Mar 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE SASHA!

Okay, so this is Sashas final book, but basically she and Charm have there ups and downs with compertions through out the book. She and Callie discover that they will bnever be friends again, Eric and Sasha decided that they can be friends and dont have to be so akward around each other. Her boyfriend gets over his fear of horses and the campus threat is dead and gone. :) Life is good for Sasha as she heads off for the WEG. :)
Abbey
May 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was an ah-mazing end to the Sasha books! I hope that the Lauren books are just as good. I an going to miss charm and Sasha so much! :')! I have been through all twelve books of Sasha and it is so hard to let go of her...LOL! Sasha and charmy...you will be missed.
Sara Bennett
I love this series. I really do. I started it a while back and only read up to about 7. The library didn't get any of the new books until maybe this winter? Not really sure. I've been slowly picking up one or two here and there to make them last. Because they're my fun, guilty pleasure! Why? Because I love them and they are so easy to read without having to think about plot and etc. It's just fun!

So after a bunch of drama where Sasha got kissed by her best friend's boyfriend on her birthday and
Abigail
Sep 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Well, that wasn't very good at all. At least this one had somewhat of a resolution. The writing is really childish, the drama is WAY over-exaggerated, and sometimes I just wanted to slap the main character--Sasha. You're in EIGHTH GRADE, for crying out loud! It's OKAY to be single! It's actually pretty unhealthy for you to be so ENTIRELY DEPENDENT on a guy so early! Gosh! At least they're over for the time being...
Alissa
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This series is fantastic! The characters are rather dramatic and it seems like they try to act older (they are 13 and have boyfriends and wear makeup) but it was a very funny series! It could have been wrapped up a little better in the end (with Paige and Callie, and Eric too) but not a total cliff hanger or anything. :) 5 stars!!
Mehsi
No!! The last book. Well OK, I still got one of those extra books, but there will be no more Canterwood Crest after this one. :( No more Sasha, no more Jacob, no more Lauren! I will really miss everyone. I will miss the drama, the silly discussions, the romance, the horses, well everything!

This last book gives us a bit more drama with a mysterious blogger, 4 people about to get expelled if one of them doesn’t fess up, a big horse event coming up, and oh so much more. The Sasha books really end w
Rachel
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
I read this as it was recommended to me. The author has definitely got her horse knowledge down, but seriously!? Where do I start? Way too unrealistic. the whole series is. Since when were there boarding schools dedicated to training kids to be olympic riders? Not likely. And especially since these are all eighth grade girls. Even the drama is unrealistic. In the first book, Heather and her friends were constantly trying to put down Sasha by constantly pulling pranks that wouldn't work in real l ...more
Danielle
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Unfriendly Competition is Jessica Burkhart's #12 book in the series. In this book Sasha is living at a boarding school called Canterwood Crest. During school one day her group of friends and her were called to the office and told that one of the girls had been postings mean things about people as anonymous on a blog, and that if whoever it was didn't confess all of the group of girls would be expelled. During all of that drama Heather's birthday party was being planned. Sasha had the perfect boy ...more
Meghan
Aug 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horse-books
meh.... these are getting a little hard to read. I read it in one sitting, skipping pretty much every third page. I just find the plot... dragging because I know she wants to reveal stuff in the next book. The riding description was a bit better than the last book, as an equestrian, I have a few issues with some of the riding, but I try to remember that this is at most, typically a 12 year old reader, who has no idea that you don't just 'give more rein to canter' or such. I still pick them up, e ...more
Leeor Gorev
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sasha's life seems to be perfect: she and Jacob are finally getting their chance, the trio is being, well, not vicious, and rooming with Brit is turning out to be a blast.

But when the school tracks the stupid and mean gossip blog to be created in the trio or Sasha's room, life takes a tumbling turn.

After all, it's not easy to have your riding teacher get hurt, and besides, who needs hometown competition?

Sasha and her friends have to hang tight, because they might just fall over the edge.
Regan
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was amazing! I love Sasha and i hate to see her go, but i loved how Ms. Burkhart finished off the series about her. It was awesome, and i hope that she is mensioned some in the books about Lauren.
Ashley
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This the last book with my favorite character, Sasha. She will be misss <3
Kacie Faith
This series was a childhood favorite of mine! Looking back, it's pretty terrible. But I loved it as a kid and it made me appreciate books more, so that's what matters!
Aishah Q.
Aug 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the best CC book ever!!! I love Canterwood Crest and I cried when I finished the last page! Jess, you rock!!! :) <3
Cynthia
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recomended
This book was great, it doesn't leave any "cliff hangers" and everything turns out great 4 Sasha. She ends up getting a new friend.
Abbi
Dec 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It was the best Canterwood Crest book yet!!!!!
Heather
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
the girls are growing up as riders and people. Life lessons learned and drama as usual.
nice to see how much Sasha has changed from a timid girl to a real rider and all around moral individual.
Emily M.
Unfriendly Competition By Jessica Burkhart
Realistic Fiction
178 pages

Unfriendly competition is the twelfth book in the series by Jessica Burkhart. In this book, a mysterious blog was written in the last book. Now the besties, Sasha, Brit, Heather, Julia, and Allison were called to the Headmistress office and they were suspected to be doing the mean blogging because the signal came from their rooms and the one doing it will be suspended. Meanwhile, the girls are planning Heathers 13th birthday Pa
Teegan Chism
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
In Unfriendly Competition by Jessica Burkhart. This story takes place at a school called Canterwood. The main characters are Sasha and Heather. Sasha looks like a 14 year old girl with brown hair and a horse names Charm. Heather looks like a 14 year old girl who has blonde hair and is best friends with Sasha and has a horse named Aristocrat. These characters seem believable because they are high school girl on private school. These characters are fun, loving, and kind. They ride horses and they ...more
Kathryn
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! I love the drama. I love Sasha and Jacob. I love how she finally fixed her relationship with Erik and kinda of with Paige and Callie. And I can't believe the blog incident I can't believe that person would do something like that.... It's horrible... But anyways love this book and thank you mrs. Burkhart for these amazing series!! LOVE THEM!!! Can't wait to get started in the next book!!
Carlie
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Carina
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books in the Sasha CC series. The whole fight with Paige and how a new bff just happens to move in at the same time was a bit melodramatic, but it was still good. I didn't like how she kept getting in fights with her friends, it happened OVER AND OVER again! I wish the author had continued with Sasha, I like her more than the new character Lauren. It was really good, otherwise.
Karen
May 23, 2016 added it
Very interesting and lots of cliffhangers to hook you into the book i really liked reading this book can't wait to finish the next one. Jessica Burkhart is an amazing author and she should definitely keep writing I know that I would read her books just because of this particular series.

Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did
Ginger
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that Sasha's VERY LAST BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sasha was SO AMAZING AND AWESOME! I'm really not happy about Burkhart's decision on to leave the life of Sasha.
Mackenzie
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the ending to book to Sasha Silvers great adventures. I am sad to see the last book but it was a great way to end it. I have followed her and her friends through all of their drama since book 1. Now I'm ready to read about Lauren Towers Canterwood Crest new arrival.
Julia
May 30, 2013 rated it liked it
It was good but short and I was disappointed in it. Jessica you did it again!
Cat
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I'm really sad to see Sasha go . . especially since I feel like I've just started to like her.
Megan
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! It's sorta like a mystery because they are trying to find out who the gossip blogger. Who is it? Read this book and find out!
Jessica Song
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I MISS SASHA SO SO MUCH!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY SHE WAS IN THE LAST ONE! I liked Lauren, but the series could have just gone on with Sasha i would have been happy.
Sasha and co, or lauren and co? 7 8 Dec 29, 2012 09:10AM
julia's website thing 1 5 Aug 19, 2012 03:16PM
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • Risky Chance (Horse Diaries, #7)
  • Black Cloud (Horse Diaries, #8)
  • A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #2)
  • Tennessee Rose (Horse Diaries, #9)
  • The New Class (Chestnut Hill, #1)
  • Horses For Dummies
  • Catch Rider
  • Dream of Night
  • The Missing Pony Pal (Pony Pals, #16)
  • A Horse of Her Own
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
  • The Outside of a Horse
  • Wild Thing (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #1)
  • The Hidden Deep (Threshold #2)
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.
More about Jessica Burkhart...

Canterwood Crest (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1)
  • Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2)
  • Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3)
  • Triple Fault (Canterwood Crest #4)
  • Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)
  • Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)
  • Rival Revenge (Canterwood Crest, #7)
  • Home Sweet Drama (Canterwood Crest, #8)
  • City Secrets (Canterwood Crest, #9)
  • Elite Ambition (Canterwood Crest, #10)

“Heather Fox was speechless.” 1 likes
“he was smart, funny, a good rider, and he had pizza at least three times a week.” 0 likes