Start by marking “Unfriendly Competition” as Want to Read:
Unfriendly Competition

Unfriendly Competition

(Canterwood Crest #12)

Sasha is one of four students who will be expelled if one of them does not confess to being the author of a malicious blog, as she prepares for a surprise birthday party for Heather and a major riding competition.
Published January 4th 2011 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Unfriendly Competition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unfriendly Competition

Ally!
Mar 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE SASHA!

Okay, so this is Sashas final book, but basically she and Charm have there ups and downs with compertions through out the book. She and Callie discover that they will bnever be friends again, Eric and Sasha decided that they can be friends and dont have to be so akward around each other. Her boyfriend gets over his fear of horses and the campus threat is dead and gone. :) Life is good for Sasha as she heads off for the WEG. :)
Dec 10, 2010 rated it liked it
*some spoilers*
I have been following Canterwood Crest since the beginning. At first I really enjoyed it, but then it became unrealistic and melodramatic. I get its supposed to be set at an elite boarding school and that these girls parents just flow money, but it was hard to relate. I also became frustrated when the main character made decisions that made absolutely no sense. Sasha seems to destroy most of her relationships and yet in the end she ends up with the perfect life. Hot boyfriend, dre
Abbey
May 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was an ah-mazing end to the Sasha books! I hope that the Lauren books are just as good. I an going to miss charm and Sasha so much! :')! I have been through all twelve books of Sasha and it is so hard to let go of her...LOL! Sasha and charmy...you will be missed.
Mehsi
No!! The last book. Well OK, I still got one of those extra books, but there will be no more Canterwood Crest after this one. :( No more Sasha, no more Jacob, no more Lauren! I will really miss everyone. I will miss the drama, the silly discussions, the romance, the horses, well everything!

This last book gives us a bit more drama with a mysterious blogger, 4 people about to get expelled if one of them doesn’t fess up, a big horse event coming up, and oh so much more. The Sasha books really end w
Sara Bennett
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this series. I really do. I started it a while back and only read up to about 7. The library didn't get any of the new books until maybe this winter? Not really sure. I've been slowly picking up one or two here and there to make them last. Because they're my fun, guilty pleasure! Why? Because I love them and they are so easy to read without having to think about plot and etc. It's just fun!

So after a bunch of drama where Sasha got kissed by her best friend's boyfriend on her birthday and
Abigail
Sep 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Well, that wasn't very good at all. At least this one had somewhat of a resolution. The writing is really childish, the drama is WAY over-exaggerated, and sometimes I just wanted to slap the main character--Sasha. You're in EIGHTH GRADE, for crying out loud! It's OKAY to be single! It's actually pretty unhealthy for you to be so ENTIRELY DEPENDENT on a guy so early! Gosh! At least they're over for the time being...
Alissa
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This series is fantastic! The characters are rather dramatic and it seems like they try to act older (they are 13 and have boyfriends and wear makeup) but it was a very funny series! It could have been wrapped up a little better in the end (with Paige and Callie, and Eric too) but not a total cliff hanger or anything. :) 5 stars!!
Liana Ruiz
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This Was A Great Book. i have been reading this series for a while. it is about girls who go horseback riding at boarding school. in this book there was a girl who would blog about other peoples lives because she was mad that she lost a competition. at the end of the book they reveal who was the blogger and the blogger gets susspended. also, the main character Sasha moves in with the new girl named brie because she got in a fight with her old best friend named paige. paige did something really m ...more
Victoria Larsen
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These books have always been my favorite childhood series. I decided I wanted to reread them and relive the memories of when I was younger. Was not disappointed.
Rachel
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
I read this as it was recommended to me. The author has definitely got her horse knowledge down, but seriously!? Where do I start? Way too unrealistic. the whole series is. Since when were there boarding schools dedicated to training kids to be olympic riders? Not likely. And especially since these are all eighth grade girls. Even the drama is unrealistic. In the first book, Heather and her friends were constantly trying to put down Sasha by constantly pulling pranks that wouldn't work in real l ...more
Danielle
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Unfriendly Competition is Jessica Burkhart's #12 book in the series. In this book Sasha is living at a boarding school called Canterwood Crest. During school one day her group of friends and her were called to the office and told that one of the girls had been postings mean things about people as anonymous on a blog, and that if whoever it was didn't confess all of the group of girls would be expelled. During all of that drama Heather's birthday party was being planned. Sasha had the perfect boy ...more
Leeor Gorev
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sasha's life seems to be perfect: she and Jacob are finally getting their chance, the trio is being, well, not vicious, and rooming with Brit is turning out to be a blast.

But when the school tracks the stupid and mean gossip blog to be created in the trio or Sasha's room, life takes a tumbling turn.

After all, it's not easy to have your riding teacher get hurt, and besides, who needs hometown competition?

Sasha and her friends have to hang tight, because they might just fall over the edge.
Meghan
Aug 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horse-books
meh.... these are getting a little hard to read. I read it in one sitting, skipping pretty much every third page. I just find the plot... dragging because I know she wants to reveal stuff in the next book. The riding description was a bit better than the last book, as an equestrian, I have a few issues with some of the riding, but I try to remember that this is at most, typically a 12 year old reader, who has no idea that you don't just 'give more rein to canter' or such. I still pick them up, e ...more
Regan
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was amazing! I love Sasha and i hate to see her go, but i loved how Ms. Burkhart finished off the series about her. It was awesome, and i hope that she is mensioned some in the books about Lauren.
Ashley
Mar 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This the last book with my favorite character, Sasha. She will be misss <3
Cynthia
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recomended
This book was great, it doesn't leave any "cliff hangers" and everything turns out great 4 Sasha. She ends up getting a new friend.
Kacie Faith
This series was a childhood favorite of mine! Looking back, it's pretty terrible. But I loved it as a kid and it made me appreciate books more, so that's what matters!
Aishah Q.
Aug 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the best CC book ever!!! I love Canterwood Crest and I cried when I finished the last page! Jess, you rock!!! :) <3
Abbi
Dec 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It was the best Canterwood Crest book yet!!!!!
Sonali
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Id have to say i if you love books with loads of drama this is the book for you. This book is about how sasha is dealing with moving out of her old dorm and into a new one with a whole new roomate, dealing with all her relationships and romances. She also has big competitions coming up which are huge to her riding career. I think that anyone who really has a passion for horses and likes drama would really enjoy this book!

I think this book is amazing, theres always something happening and the sto
Heather
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
the girls are growing up as riders and people. Life lessons learned and drama as usual.
nice to see how much Sasha has changed from a timid girl to a real rider and all around moral individual.
Milana Waller
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The last of Sasha’s povs ....🤧!
Michael Finocchiaro
OK, so my daughter is like BIG time into horses and for a stretch was obsessed with Canterwood and this series of books by Jessica Burkhart. I, being the anglophone father of a bi-cultural kid, tried to read this in English to her. Tried? well, I read it to her, but honestly, it was a painful experience. First off, the blatant commercialism of this writer is obnoxious - it was like reading a Sephora catalog and a Gap catalog the whole time. The other super annoying feature is that these girls ar ...more
Emily M.
Unfriendly Competition By Jessica Burkhart
Realistic Fiction
178 pages

Unfriendly competition is the twelfth book in the series by Jessica Burkhart. In this book, a mysterious blog was written in the last book. Now the besties, Sasha, Brit, Heather, Julia, and Allison were called to the Headmistress office and they were suspected to be doing the mean blogging because the signal came from their rooms and the one doing it will be suspended. Meanwhile, the girls are planning Heathers 13th birthday Pa
Teegan Chism
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
In Unfriendly Competition by Jessica Burkhart. This story takes place at a school called Canterwood. The main characters are Sasha and Heather. Sasha looks like a 14 year old girl with brown hair and a horse names Charm. Heather looks like a 14 year old girl who has blonde hair and is best friends with Sasha and has a horse named Aristocrat. These characters seem believable because they are high school girl on private school. These characters are fun, loving, and kind. They ride horses and they ...more
Carina
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books in the Sasha CC series. The whole fight with Paige and how a new bff just happens to move in at the same time was a bit melodramatic, but it was still good. I didn't like how she kept getting in fights with her friends, it happened OVER AND OVER again! I wish the author had continued with Sasha, I like her more than the new character Lauren. It was really good, otherwise.
Carlie
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Karen
May 23, 2016 added it
Very interesting and lots of cliffhangers to hook you into the book i really liked reading this book can't wait to finish the next one. Jessica Burkhart is an amazing author and she should definitely keep writing I know that I would read her books just because of this particular series.

Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did
Mackenzie
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is the ending to book to Sasha Silvers great adventures. I am sad to see the last book but it was a great way to end it. I have followed her and her friends through all of their drama since book 1. Now I'm ready to read about Lauren Towers Canterwood Crest new arrival.
Ginger
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that Sasha's VERY LAST BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sasha was SO AMAZING AND AWESOME! I'm really not happy about Burkhart's decision on to leave the life of Sasha.
Sasha and co, or lauren and co? 7 9 Dec 29, 2012 09:10AM
julia's website thing 1 5 Aug 19, 2012 03:16PM

• Risky Chance (Horse Diaries, #7)
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • Black Cloud (Horse Diaries, #8)
  • The New Class (Chestnut Hill, #1)
  • Horses For Dummies
  • A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #2)
  • Tennessee Rose (Horse Diaries, #9)
  • The Missing Pony Pal (Pony Pals, #16)
  • The Outside of a Horse
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
  • For Horse-Crazy Girls Only: Everything You Want to Know About Horses
  • Dream of Night
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.

Canterwood Crest (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Take the Reins
  • Home Sweet Drama
  • City Secrets
  • Elite Ambition
“Heather Fox was speechless.” 1 likes
“he was smart, funny, a good rider, and he had pizza at least three times a week.” 0 likes