Start by marking “Kiss in the Dark (Scarlett Wakefield, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kiss in the Dark (Scarlett Wakefield, #3)

Kiss in the Dark (Scarlett Wakefield #3)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  1,180 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
With Dan McAndrew's murder finally behind her, Scarlett has high hopes for a fresh start at Wakefield Hall Collegiate, the elite English boarding school her grandmother runs. Unfortunately, those hopes are dashed when her nemesis, the infamous Plum Saybourne, is transferred to the school. Plum wastes no time turning Scarlett's impressionable classmates against her.

But fig
Published February 8th 2011 by Delacorte Press (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss in the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss in the Dark

Leah
Mar 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jay G
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

Although still not my favourite books, I must say that they are getting better as they progress. The only major issue I had with this one was one or two homophobic/raicist remarks - which were cleared up at the end of the book. I found Scarlett to be a lot less whiny and annoying in this book and she is starting to grow on me. She does still make me roll my eyes 99% of the time though.
Heather
I was hoping I wouldn't regret my decision to read this book, especially how I felt about book one and two. I would have been happy leaving this series after Kisses and Lies. But, seeing as this is an advanced copy, I thought "why not give it a try." Phew...I'm glad I did read it, because it was pretty good and it helped not to leave such a bitter taste in my memories of the first two books.

Anyhow, I stand by my previous review, Kiss Me, Kill Me and Kisses and Lies would have made a better comp
Maren
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2011
I read the first three books in this series while I was sick this week and I've loved it. Maybe I just love teen detectives (Nancy Drew and Veronica Mars!), but Scarlett Wakefield's investigations are pretty great and her best friend/sidekick Taylor is as cool as any Bess or Wallace.

Although the second book is my favorite so far (half of it takes place in a sixteenth-century Scottish castle and all the characters wear aran sweaters!), I was really caught up in Kiss in the Dark. It sets up the my
Kathy
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This novel, while following the mystery/romantic-tendency of the series, solved its own mystery in the storyline, but unlike the others, it left with a second mystery far more outstanding and intriguing trying to hook the reader into a presumable fourth book. Whereas the previous books were spell-binding in their own right, this one didn't mesmerize quite as thoroughly and while still an easy read, was not nearly as captivating.
Becky
Jul 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad that I had a couple of uninterrupted hours in which to read this book, because I would not have been happy to have to put it down. Kiss in the Dark is a fun, quick read with a perfect blend of boarding school drama and murder mystery. Oh, and Britishness. It gains lots of awesome-points just for the sheer Britishness of the characters and the story.

Kiss in the Dark is the third book in a series (the first two are Kiss Me Kill Me and Kisses and Lies), but it's not really essential to
Kassidy Robinson
Kiss in the Dark is the third book in the Scarlett Wakefield series written by Lauren Henderson (the first two are Kiss Me Kill Me and Kisses and Lies). In this story Scarlett thinks that she is finally starting over since she has solved the murder of her previous crush Dan McAndrew, except now her arch nemesis, Plum Saybourne, has transferred to her school Wakefield Hall. During the story, when on one of their daily runs Scarlett and Taylor stumble upon a dead body. This is certainly not the b ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

KISS IN THE DARK is the third novel in the series featuring Scarlett Wakefield.

Scarlett is finally able to get on with life at Wakefield. The worst part of her routine is dealing with her nemesis, Plum, on a daily basis, and sneaking around to meet up with her boyfriend, Jason. Jason's dad and Scarlett's guardian, Aunt Gwen, have forbidden them to see each other. But life for Scarlett is never easy, and soon more excitement lands in her lap.

Taylor and Scarl
Lily
Nov 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the strange death of her ex-boyfriend, Scarlett Wakefield changes schools. At Wakefield Hall Collegiate, things are different. Teacher's are more strict, and girls are expected to act in the most appropriate manner. When Scarlett's enemy, Plum Saybourne transfers to the school, things make a turn for the worst. Dealing with Plum isn't easy, as she continues to hassle Scarlett, along with her best friend Taylor and boyfriend Jase. When a mysterious death shocks everyone at the school, secre ...more
Nancy
Jul 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Hoping to leave the past that is Dan McAndrews behind her, Scarlett Wakefield's hopes are shattered when nemesis Plum Saybourne transfers to Wakefield Hall Collegiate. Soon, Plum is creating mini-Plums and threatening to destroy the friendship she has with Taylor and the relationship with Jase. Scarlett thought the sleuthing and deaths were in her past, but when someone on campus dies, and their death is related to someone close to her, Scarlett has to find the truth, or else.

Perhaps my favorit
  • The River
  • Very LeFreak
  • Jessi and the Awful Secret (The Baby-Sitters Club, #61)
  • Sleepless
  • Saving Maddie
  • The Clearing
  • The Siren's Cry (The Otherworldlies #2)
  • Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)
  • The Queen of Second Place (The Queen Companion Novels Book 1)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Sword
  • Tombstone Tea
  • So Many Boys (The Naughty List, #2)
  • Whisper
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Anything But Normal
  • Where the Truth Lies
  • The Trust (Secret Society, #2)
  • The Space Between Trees
Born in London in 1966, Lauren Henderson read English at university and then worked as a journalist for - among other publications - the New Statesman, Marxism Today, the Observer and Lime Lizard, a much-mourned indie music magazine. Lauren now divides her time between Italy and London and, when not wine-tasting, writes full-time.
More about Lauren Henderson...

Scarlett Wakefield (4 books)
  • Kiss Me Kill Me (Scarlett Wakefield, #1)
  • Kisses and Lies (Scarlett Wakefield, #2)
  • Kiss of Death (Scarlett Wakefield, #4)
“Accidents illustrate that you have no control over your life, because from one moment to the next it could be taken away from you.” 16 likes