Start by marking “Sarah's Sin” as Want to Read:
Sarah's Sin

Sarah's Sin

From award-winning author Tami Hoag comes a warm, moving story of two cultures in conflict and two hearts in love.

Matt Thorne had come to his sister's rural inn to recover from an injury far from the city and his fast-paced life as an emergency room physician. Drifting between sleep and waking, Matt didn't trust his eyes when he saw the young woman who sat at his bedside i
Published November 1st 1992 by Fanfare (first published July 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Sarah's Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sarah's Sin

Anita
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
The clash of cultures is the foundation of this oldie from Tami Hoag. I have loved her old stuff and found others to be fun, light and wholly entertaining. This one, with it's serious subject matter, was not as much. It still had it's light, fun moments, but a cloud was hanging over it. Finding love between two cultures can be difficult business and that theme stands the test of time.

Matt Thorne is an inner city emergency room doctor who got in the middle of a gang war in his ER and was injured.
Chris
Jun 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
I was hoping for one of Hoag's delicious romantic suspense novels, but it wasn't. Straight forward formulaic romance novel. Drivel. If it wasn't part of a challenge for me, I wouldn't have even wasted the time to finish it. Not my thing.
Carrie
Feb 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
2.5* Not terrible, but underdeveloped plot and characters.
Lori
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great short read! This book shows us that falling in love with someone completely different than you can work out. Sarah is Amish. But deep down inside, she feels like she wants so much more than her Amish life. She then meets Dr. Matt Thorne who is English. They both try to fight there feeling's for one another. Sarah is such a strong woman who I came to admire in so many ways. Matt is fun, exciting and so lovable. I enjoyed reading their story!
Evelyn Wilson
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just thought that Matt should have known about Sarah's obligations as Amish because Ingrid, Matt's sister, lives in that area. It is a cute story but not a surprising story. There is love, anger, joy, lots of emotions.
Chana
Jul 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Sweet romantic story, easy way to pass a few hours on a lazy summer afternoon. Would have been better without the sex in my opinion.
Plot line is basically that Amish young woman and English doctor fall in love, true love..... and are confronted with that means in the Amish world.
Ginger Mcclintick
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love that she writes romance and murder books they are so good will be reading a lot more of her books.
Amy
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very good book. I will be reading more of her.
Rachel Koch Gonzalez
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this cute story! Sarah was such a lovable character and she handles her problems very strongly which made me admire her as a character. Matt was a perfect match for Sarah's personality and the two worked so well together. Although this was romance book and not a thriller, I was still captivated and holding on until the very end because I couldn't tell whether the two would end up together and if so how that would happen: would he become Amish for her or would she leave her family and her ...more
Diane
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Maura
Shirley Owl
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Matt is a doctor in busy city ER - there is fight between two rival gangs - matt gets shot in the leg and cracked ribs etc. he goes to stay with his sister that runs a inn at Jessie. This has a large very strict Armish community. Sarah is assigned to look after matt as his sister is called away. Matt thinks he is dreaming when he first sees Sarah in her armish clothes . This book tells there story. I liked this because it was different - you did get a snap shot of things from an armish view poin ...more
Tiffany
Apr 09, 2013 rated it liked it
The reason I continued reading Ms. Hoag's grim, death-infested WIJ novels--one after another--was to rediscover the sweetness and light of this one book--the first of hers I read. Clearly based on the romance in the film The Witness, "Sarah's Sin" was fully satisfying. Sarah was a tangible, loveable, completely flesh and blood woman, whose dilemma wrenched me and moved me, and made me want to live a better life.
Jeanne (love2cook)
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Dr. Matt Thorne is recovering at his sister's rural inn, from a gun shot and other injuries suffered in the ER of the hospital where he was the ER physician. Taking care of him and the inn is an Amish woman, Sarah Troyer. Both so different, but drawn together by a mutual actraction. Will she give up her Amish ways to be with him? Can he keep from loving her? A good little love story.
Jackie
Matt and Sarah come from different worlds but their love unites them in a way no upbringing can withstand. Far from the dark and disturbing fare that am used to reading from Tami Hoag this sweet romance may have been released in 1991 but even in 2013 it warms a romance lovers heart!
Morgiana
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a nice read for a weekend, but nothing more - the characters were good written, the storyline is also good, but there were no 'OMG' moments in this.
I enjoyed to have a little glimpse into the Amish lifestyle, but there was nothing I would read this book again and again.
Recommended for just an easy, light summer day - you shouldn't use too much brain while you are reading it.:)
Margherita Dolcevita
Nov 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bookmoochati, romance
In linea di massima è una boiata. Anche all'inverosimiglianza ci deve essere un limite. E se in un romanzo storico alcune assurdità possono essere tollerate, in un romanzo contemporaneo non si possono sentire. Ha il pregio di essere breve e sintetico, nel senso che da quando lui gliela chiede a quando lei -AMISH e VEDOVA!!!- si arrovella d'amore per lui passano giusto quelle tre pagine.
Lynn Orser
Oct 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: other
Typical early Tami Hoag book. I don't read romance novels but enjoy Tami Hoag's book so I am reading all her novels.
Roxanne
Mar 09, 2011 rated it liked it
I LOVE Tami Hoag's twisted mysteries. This one felt like an attempt to be Nora Roberts...an unnecessary read
Verity
Feb 28, 2009 added it
Shelves: hoag-tami
2 COPIES
Sandy
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Predictable but fun easy read. Nice glimpse into Amish life.
Lesli
Jul 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2009
Definitely NOT the suspense/thriller side of Hoag. Reminds me a lot of The Witness with Harrison Ford.
Carol Malone
Sep 07, 2011 rated it liked it
In romance choices must be made for the developing love. Too bad it had to be Sarah that forsakes her religion for her love.
Kristal Taylor
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. But usually love books written by Tami Hoag.
Shawnte
Apr 13, 2009 rated it liked it
I'm glad that I got this book from the library. It's a very slow read. Not really holding my interest at all.
Melissa Thompson
Cyndi Baker
May 29, 2015
Summer
Oct 02, 2008

• Last Bridge Home (Sedikhan, #11)
  • Claimed by the Desert Sheikh
  • Reason to Believe
  • Share No Secrets
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby)
  • Reckless Seduction
  • The Perfect Fake
  • Our Little Secret
  • The Kissing Game (Sunrise Key Trilogy, #2)
  • Christmas Knight (Draycott Abbey #6)
  • Linda Howard Collection: Midnight Rainbow / Diamond Bay
  • Ragged Rainbows
Tami Hoag is the #1 internationally bestselling author of more than thirty books published in more than thirty languages worldwide, including her latest thrillers—BITTER SEASON, COLD COLD HEART and THE 9TH GIRL. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times Bestseller list with NIGHT SINS, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. ...more