Start by marking “Hidden Away (KGI, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Away (KGI, #3)

Hidden Away

(KGI #3)

A man who shoots first and asks questions later…

Most people would take an all-expenses-paid trip to the beach in a heartbeat. Garrett Kelly only accepts to keep tabs on Sarah Daniels, who’s in hiding after witnessing a murder by Marcus Lattimer, her half-brother—and a personal enemy of KGI. This gig may be beneath a disciplined soldier like Garrett, but if he gets a shot a
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published March 1st 2011 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Away, please sign up.

Shawna
Jul 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of gruff, hot, protective alpha military heroes who fall hard for their women!
5 stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

GAWD I love Garrett!

Favorite quotes:

**********Possible spoiler**********

"And just so you know, Sarah, I'm going to make love to you. I don't give a damn if it kills me in the process. I'm going to have you. You're going to sleep in my bed, in my arms, your skin against mine. I want the last thing you feel before you go to sleep is me inside you, and the first thing you know when you wake up."

"I want to savor you all night," he said in a rough, husk
Auntee
Aug 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense
I liked it! I was kind of prepared not to, because there have been mixed reviews, but I ended up liking it just fine. Bear in mind that's there's not a whole heck of a lot of suspense going on here--this book is more about the relationship between the hero (the gruff but lovable former loner not looking for love, Garrett Kelly) and lovely, damaged heroine Sarah Daniels, a former foster child with only a half-brother-with-a-bad-rep for family.

Garrett...
Photobucket

The plot's kind of simple and easy to follo
Mojca
This was one of those books when you exclaim “What the hell happened?” when it ends. Because I didn’t get it. Well, I didn’t get where the blurb came from? Because the story and the blurb didn’t mesh.

But let’s start at the beginning. It was slow. Very slow. Very, very slow. Something happened in the first chapter, then we had chapter after chapter of nothing happening, then she disappeared, there was a birth (which had nothing to do with the main story, by the way), he found her again, something
Susanne
Dec 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can say it, Sarah. You were raped. You were violated. You were attacked by someone you trusted.

description

You have to leave your reality-glasses in the other room while reading this book! Lol! After six Maya Banks books it is clear that she has a soft spot for broken and traumatized heroine. And so do I. But this was the third rape-recovery book I've read in a short time span, and I need a break from them.

I loved Garrett. I loved the part on the paradise island. Big swoon when he brought her a basket w
CC
Jan 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Re-Read via audible - I have to mark down to 3.5 stars. (was 4 stars)

I still love Garrett! But what he did to Sara? Whew. I was not ok with how easy he got off. He gives her a pretty speech and she folds. I thought he needed to have to work harder. But I guess I am ok because I believe he would have done the work.

Garrett is a sweet guy behind all the muscles. Sara is living with a horrible secret. Unfortunately, when you start a relationship on a lie, someone is going to get hurt.

I like this se
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐ 3 STARS ⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Julie
Sep 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Favorite Quote: “He made her stupid. Completely and utterly stupid.”

Hidden Away is the third book in Maya Banks’ KGI series. This is Garrett’s book. In the first book, I loved Garrett. He was a total badass with a soft and sweet side. He was tender and loving towards his sister-in-law who had been kidnapped and left for dead. In the second book, Garrett was a bit of an arse. Okay, he was a total arse. I’ve been looking forward to his book so I could finally know who the real Garrett was. Well, i
Katyana
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
This one is reaaaally tough for me to rate. See, I love Garrett. I have loved him since the first book. And I thought Sarah was a fantastic heroine, a real survivor, and absolutely not a doormat.

But here's the thing...

(view spoiler)
Tilly Slaton
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
To say that I am extremely disappointed in this book would be an overstatement. The other books in this series have not had better impressions so I suppose I was expecting to be bummed.

I do not much care for this series. I do not like the books so far. The only thing the KGI series has going for it is the characters...And the characters rock!

Hidden away is the KGI series story about Garrett and Sarah.

Garrett is sent on a mission that brings his agonizing nightmare of a past to life. He is forced
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in Maya Banks' KGI series. Garrett Kelly accepts an assignment to watch Sarah Daniels, the half sister of his nemesis, Marcus Lattimer. He doesn't expect to fall for her. What is it about those Kelly brothers? There should be a law against so many hunky men in one family. I mean, come one, throw a little skinny nerd in there or something! LOL! JK! Great addition to the series.
Elle
I just don't buy it. Not the book (I bought the book), the story.

It was a ridiculous concept and premise, but that's ok because this was suppose to be a romantic suspense. But it wasn't especially suspenseful. Garrett was suppose to be protecting Sarah, but there wasn't all that much protecting, just a lot of running away. So the whole thing ended up just being a big sort of let down. Was the threat as big as they were saying? It didn't seem to be, there wasn't enough drama. See? I don't by it!

N
Jae
This book was way not to KGI standards at all. It started well enough. With the line "Would you prefer to die sitting or standing?" thrown in, I was prepared for bad ass action from page one.

But sad to say that any resemblance of action-adventure-suspense promised, was withheld to give way for:- beach frolicking, car crash, child birth, then some more beach frolicking. The only part that held my interest was the hilarious banter between Garrett and Van.

I also have some very serious issues with
Marianchu
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Precioso!
una historia increíblemente apasionante, con la dosis justa de misterio, suspense, amor, acción. Me ha encantado!!
Sarah es una protagonista impresionante, fuerte y decidida y Garret adorablemente perfecto.
Mira que me gustaron los dos primeros libros, pues este creo que todavía más. Me he quedado con una sensación maravillosa tras su lectura.
Mi puntuación un 9,5
willaful
The Garrett of this book wasn't quite the same as the Garrett of the previous books (the man who nursed his sister-in-law after she miscarried is suddenly a big macho doof who doesn't understand women? Oh please.) And there were far more typos and grammatical errors than I'd expect to find in a book by a major publisher. Still, enjoyed it a lot.
MBR
Mar 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Maya Banks, Fans of KGI series, Fans or romantic suspense
3.5 Star Romantic Suspense

I couldn't go to sleep without posting the review, and its 1:45 am in the morning and I have work tomorrow *groans*

It feels like it has been forever since I picked up my first KGI novel, The Darkest Hour which shot Maya Banks right into the top of my favorite romantic suspense authors list. The second novel that came out entitled No Place to Run was equally intense as it was emotional and since then I have been on tenterhooks waiting for the release day of Hidden Away
Amy
Aug 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fv-review, 2read2
Sarah Daniels is trying to take her life back, along with her sanity after being raped by her former boss (Alan Cross) while his brother (Stanley Cross) restrained her and watched the attack.* Broken and afraid, Sarah confesses the incident to her beloved half brother, Marcus Lattimer, who is hell bent on exacting revenge against both of the Cross brothers. Before Marcus whisks Sarah away to a quite location to heal, he tracks down and murders Alan in cold blood. Sarah witnesses the aftermath of ...more
Willow Brook
Dec 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Another enjoyable installment in the KGI series about the formidable Kelly brothers, though this one had enough things that bugged me to make it my least favorite book so far. My biggest issue was the heroine, Sarah. From the get-go, when she is described as having acquaintances but no close friends, I was shaking my head. Maybe because I just spent the past month not being able to spend time with my closest friends and it was driving me a little batty. I get that she was a foster child and has ...more
Saly
Mar 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jacqueline J
Started out fairly strong and then fizzled into boredom. Which is too bad because I really liked the first one. I think the plot was too formulaic. After awhile you just knew what was going to happen so it didn't seem worth it to keep on. The whole business with him having lied to her about working for her brother was an example. You didn't even have to wonder 'hmm how's that going to turn out?' No suprises in the plot really. Darn you just never can tell with Maya Banks. She's very hit or miss ...more
Steph
I have to admit that as KGI books go, this one was a little bit disappointing. I haven’t had this many issues with the first two books combined… But I’ll explain more as I go.
I absolutely loved seeing all the Kelly family again. They were wonderful as always. Garrett and Sophie in the hospital were so damn funny too.
I cannot wait to read about PJ or Donovan.

I had such high hopes for Garrett Kelly. I expected him to find a woman who wouldn’t take any of his crap. She would be just as strong-m
Dee
Re-read December 2015

Original review June 2011>

*** 4.5 Stars***

I am definately in love:) .....I had a feeling that I would love Garrett when we got glimpses of him in the other 2 books and I wasn't wrong.

He is one hell of a sexy man who realises that Sarah has been hurt before and although he wants her he takes it slow and easy and waits until he feels she is ready. This means there isn't an awful lot of steam in this book but I think that is understandable considering Sarah's past and had M
Jonel
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: print
Banks returns readers to the world of the KGI with just the right mix of sweet and spice. Suspense runs high as the characters travel throughout Central and North America. Banks’ descriptions bring each new locale to life so that I could easily picture them. The story seemed so real to me throughout. The action packed sequences were interspersed with heartfelt moments and family drama keeping me on my toes.

Garrett’s personality had me from the get-go. He was so strong and appeared fearless, yet
Fanny
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it

Hidden Away es el tercer libro de la serie KGI, creada por Maya Banks y narra la historia de Garrett y Sarah.
Este tercer libro tiene una progresion mas lenta, mientras que la historia de Sam empezaba muy rapido y estaba llena de accion desde el principio, Hidden Away tiene un ritmo mas pausado y da la sensacion de que le cuesta un poco arrancar pero cuando llegas a la mitad hay tanta accion que te da miedo parpadear por si te pierdes algo.
Aun me quedan bastantes libros de esta saga pero ahora mi
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
3.5 Stars
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
My favorite of the series so far!

Series Review, Books #1-3
The Kelly/KGI Series is a dark and sinfully sexy romantic suspense series that centers on a tight-knit military family, the Kelly’s. There are six Kelly brothers, all of whom served in different branches of the military and together form a special private security agency called the Kelly Group International, which take on the missions that even the government can’t handle. These brothers are hard-bodied, sexy alpha males that will have yo
Noelle
I've really enjoyed this series, I've read it a bit out of order but it doesn't seem to hurt it any.

Sara (h) is on the run and in hiding. After she confesses to her brother ( a very dangerous man who tries to keep her separate from his life of crime) that a man she works for has hurt her horribly, she witnesses her brother murdering him. While she's not sad that this man is dead, she runs so that no one can use her to put her brother away, it's the only way for her to protect him.

Garrett (H) ha
~KarenH~
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love this series! The heroes are amazing, and the heroines are strong enough to take care of themselves in most situations, but smart enough to accept help and protection when they need it. If pressed I think I would have to say that this is my least favorite of the three books, but considering I gave it 5 stars, there's not a big distinction between the best and the worst. On another day I might choose a different one to be my least favorite! :) The only slight quibble I have abou ...more
SheLove2Read
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Garrett!

What a wonderful book. Garrett was everthing I expected, hoped for and then some. I think you definitely need to read at least the second book before this one as there is quite a bit of rehashing previous events.

I am especially looking forward to books (please please please!) about Rio, Steele and Donovan. There is also some foreshadowing about a possible story involving PJ and Cole and I can tell it will be good.

My favorite part of the "end" involved angsty teenager Rusty and the Kelly
Booklover
Loved it!Adored Garrett and Sarah,the story progressed well,i really cried when Marcus dies,though Marcus was a baddy but his love for Sarah was true,he looked out for her,was there for her and even avenged the wrong that was done to her.Really liked their bond and how both tried to protect each other.Garrett what he did was understandable,was very happy they get their HEA.

Enjoyed this one very much,the series is getting better,going on to next one.
Recommend it.
Ilene

I liked Garrett (but not the way I did in the other books). Sarah, uhhh...I don't know, I just didn't care for her.

Seeing as the characters weren't my favorite there's no way I can really give an accurate review.

The story seemed to drag and was quasi dramatic the whole way and then it was all wrapped up in a few pages.
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please combine edition 8 27 May 04, 2014 09:01AM
The World of Maya...: 3. Hidden Away 12 39 Mar 30, 2014 05:27PM
Romance Lovers fo...: Hidden Away (KGI #3) by Maya Banks; Start Date: March 20, 2013 61 39 Mar 29, 2013 07:29AM
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops Inc., #6)
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • In the Air Tonight (Shadow Force, #3)
  • Under Fire (Elite Force, #3)
  • Maverick (Elite Ops, #2)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

KGI (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)
  • No Place to Run (KGI, #2)
  • Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4)
  • Echoes at Dawn (KGI, #5)
  • Shades of Gray (KGI, #6)
  • Forged in Steele (KGI, #7)
  • After the Storm (KGI, #8)
  • When Day Breaks (KGI, #9)
  • Darkest Before Dawn (KGI, #10)
  • Brighter Than the Sun (KGI, #11)
“When would he learn that women never stayed where you put them?” 236 likes
“I'm getting the impression that women, in any form, scare you."
He shrugged. "They're the more violent species. And unpredictable. I'd rather take on a wild boar. You can't shoot women.”
80 likes