Start by marking “The Warlord's Comeuppance (Coletti Warlords, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Warlord's Comeuppance (Coletti Warlords, #2)

The Warlord's Comeuppance

(Coletti Warlords #2)

Stealing from a warlord and giving him the one finger salute as I made my getaway was not the brightest thing I’d ever done. Okay, it was an incredibly stupid stunt.

Did I mention that this particular Coletti warlord is the most feared in the entire galaxy? That Zarek’s the ultimate predator and even the other warlords are scared spitless of him? That he never ever stops un
Published July 9th 2010 by Whispers Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Warlord's Comeuppance, please sign up.
Samantha I'm not sure if it's still available. The author went through bankruptcy several years ago and someone else ended up with the rights to her first few…moreI'm not sure if it's still available. The author went through bankruptcy several years ago and someone else ended up with the rights to her first few books. (less)

Samantha K
This is a true sci-fi romance, not erotica, and it was awesome! Gail, you are my new favorite author! Wow! She can write! She gave us a strong heroine who actually resisted being "mated" to the hero. (That seems to be a novel idea with a lot of authors.) Detja was smart and so hilarious in all her antics to get away from Zarek. He, of course, was fixed on the "mine" mentality (loved it!). The combination made for some super sexy and exciting reading. I also really appreciated that their relation ...more
Maria Dimitrova
Now I understand the meaning of "breakneck pace" - this book is build around this concept. There's no down time, no calmer scenes in between the action. It's one battle scene after another and it leaves you reeling and exhausted. And if you're hoping for some sexy times you'll be disappointed - short and dull is what I can say about them.

Actually if this goes through a couple of rounds of editing it will be really good. In fact this felt more like a draft than an actual finished novel. The paci
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

This book took me by surprise. I haven't read anything by this author before or heard any buzz. I really enjoyed the book because, if you can have a 'romp' in the sci-fi genre, this would be it.

A light hearted, funny, irreverent story that had lots of fast paced action, strange creatures from other planets, psychic abilities, and just fun. Many of those who write sci-fi/romance/erotica get too focused on the erotica aspect and the space adventure aspect suffers. Not so in this
Angela James
Aug 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, futuristic
This book showed a lot of potential. Unfortunately, though I try very hard not to say this often, this book was in need of a strong editor. It's told in first person, in the voice of the spunky heroine. She stayed spunky throughout, but unfortunately, her voice had only one note, so it got a bit wearing. Each time the heroine is in danger, her internal narrative gives us an "eep!" (and she's in danger a lot), she has catch phrases like "he's a cranky butt" which I suspect the author is using to ...more
 Sara
Someone called this a sci-fi romp, and that's exactly what it was. The action was insanely fast-paced, kind of reminded me of watching a Jackie Chan movie, with the action and humor (though this was far more technology and less acrobatics). The psychic sex was hot. The relationship between the main characters was a lot of fun. The heroine over-used phrases so much it drove me crazy (something I've never even noticed in any other book). The action was a bit exhausting. But I had a great time, and ...more
Sophia
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
I've enjoyed this humorous, sexy and light sci-fi series since someone recommended Vexing Voss to me, but didn't have the opportunity to read the 'big bad' Overlord and Detja's story for some time. Chronologically it is a prequel to Just My Luck, but technically it is the second book published for the series. There were hints in the other books that Detja led Zareth on quite the merry chase and it sounded so fun that I was thrilled when I finally scored a copy of this one.

In appearance, Detja is
Gail Koger
Aug 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Chris at Night Owl Reviews:

Confident in her abilities, Detja steals at her discretion. Raised by Adan, a Katanic shape shifter, she has seen it all. Her adopted father is feared by all, yet he loves her. So when he sells her to her latest mark, for one credit, she's horrified. Zarek is a Coletti, one of the most feared warlord's in the galaxy. And he's focused on her as his mate. Determining him suitable, Adan makes a deal for her since he will be otherwise occupied and unable to protect her. So
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Zarek is a male I'd probably not want to confront. However, in book two, he's not as scary alpha male so I can understand why Detja is a bit irreverent with him. This story is a fast and easy read. I found Detja to be kind of homicidal female. I like this about her. It's all kill, blow up and kill.

This story is not as jam packed as the first story, but it's still fast paced. Detja tends to bring the worst out of males. They want to kill her. Well, actually, they want to either fuck her or kill
Angela
Overlooking the need for a re-edit and the over usage of "Eeep" & "color me..." I liked the sassy, mouthy girls in this series.

I find myself grinning at "little Flowers" irreverent attitude. Her stubbornness not to bend. You feel how it is that Detja survived and thrived.

I kind of felt that Zarek was scarier in Books One and Three. I like the kick ass story and adventures Detja found. And while not my favorite book out of the series, not a bad story either.

some small thoughts....I believe
Kris England
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the snarky heroine and her love!
Marie
I just loved this book. This author has become a must read. This story was a lot of fun. it was quirky, funny whitty and there was a lot of you go girl LOL. This is a must read.
Cindy
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The action, humor, powerful warriors and snarky women continue. This is chronologically first in the series - the story of how Dejah and the Overlord [Talree's mother and father from book 1] got together.

FYI - the first two books are REALLY hard to find - copyright issues I believe - but you really can start with #3 Vexing Voss and not lose out. You will, however, pine for the first two...

CW01 The Warlord's Comeuppance
Starry
Dec 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Pamela
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
A huge thank you to the author, Gail Koger, for giving me a copy of her novel, "The Warlord's Comeuppance." This is a sci-fi/romance that includes one very feisty, stubborn, and full of surprises heroine and one very large and sexy hero. Who wouldn't want a sexy man in their life who's able to make you feel his tongue and hands touching you all over, giving you orgasms, yet is not there with you in physical form? Sign me up. If you love quirky, sexy, erotic (explicit sex without going overboard) ...more
Sandra
Jun 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Second in the Coletti Warlords Series, even though it happens before Just My Luck. This story is Talree's father Zarek, the Overlord of the Coletti Empire and Detja, the Farin thief.

Detja, a complicated female, also known as The Ghost, is on a mission to retrieve a medallion stolen from her friend, when she runs across Zarek, who has actually been looking for her.

Adnan, a shapeshifter, has been a father to Detja since her own parents were killed when she was little. They share a psychic bond and
Tammy Ramey
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book #2 in the Colletti Warlord'ss series from Gail Koger is a wonderful look into the Overlord that usually scares the snot out of the rest of the universe. However one small thief doesn't seem to be afraid of him at all and he is at a complete loss as to how to deal with that. Leave it to Detja to teach him how. LOL!

i loved this book, and was happy to see a softer side to Zarek as in the first book it was a bit hard to like him at all. Detja was hilarious and put the entire known universe thr
Bridget
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
After reading Just My Luck, I decided to check out this book as it was next in the series. Funny story, I have already read it years ago. Still a good buck that made me laugh even knowing what was going to happen. I read it originally before Goodreads and keeping track of things like that.

Anyhoo, I digress. This book is about Talree's (book one hero) mom and dad. How they met and fell in love which of course is how we got Talree. I was impressed with how the H/h get together. Sometimes an autho
Angarad
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I finally got my hands on this book after a very long wait. Thanks Ms Koger for giving this copy after winning the FB contest!!!
Zarek is THE threat, ultimate alpha among all the Colettis. His mate needed to be just as dangerous and more than a bit crazy. And Djeta is that and more!! I had some great laughs while reading this book. Just like Kaylee and the other Sirens, she attracts trouble everywhere she goes and is pretty handy with grenades and other offensive techs. I really liked Adan and wa
Toni (U.A.C.)
Jul 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: g-sci-fi, own-amazon
Prequel. Detja and Zarek's, parents of Talree from Just My Luck, story of how they hook up. Would have liked to know more back history of the Colettis and the Alliance. BUT I still thought this was funny and enjoyable enough that I definitely want to read about Kaylee's relatives HEA, hope that this is in the works.

Side Note: Cover is awesome!, but I didn't think that Just My Luck's cover was as horrible as some people thought. Did it look like every other young GQ model cover that most have? N
Rhonda Jones
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The heroine Detja is fearless and snarky. But even better than her courage is her intelligence. She can get out of situations that appear to be insurmountable. Detja has strong psychic abilities that enable her to communicate telepathically with her adopted father, a truly scary and deadly alien. For these reasons, she is pursued by the Colletti Overlord. He wants her as his mate, and will not take no for an answer. What a wild ride this book took me on. Action on every page, LOL scenes, bloody ...more
Kristin
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
"The Warlord's Comeuppance" is the prequel to "Just My Luck" (Talree and Kaylee's story). I was so happy when I found out that the author was going to be telling Zarek and Detja story. I found the book to be just as entertaining as "Just My Luck". In this story she devles more into the background of the warlords and introduces a few new characters while incorporating several of the originals from the first story. I love this series and would recommend it to anyone. I can't wait to see where it g ...more
Diane T.
Jul 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
I will admit to being let down by this tale. It was a good book but I expected a great book and it just didn't quite get there. Having read "Just My Luck" (this book is a prequel to it), I was really looking forward to learning more about the the Overlord (better known as the Big Bad). This story was full of action and some hot sex (it is erotica...lol) but it didn't seem to have much substance. At the end I was left knowing little more about the Overlord than I had known before I even started h ...more
Netanella
Knocked down from 4 to 3 stars because Detja just got tiresome by the middle of the book. "Ooops," she did it again - an almost tireless litany of Detja kicks everyone's ass while using her lipstick/nerve gas/wrist com link/Jem earring while covered in alien innards and pretending to be a meek female. By the 50th repetition, it stopped being cute and became childish and stupid.

Okay, so I didn't like Detja. I did enjoy the book, however.
Daria
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
fast and hot
wow!! can you say fast paced!!! From the first lines its moves with gusto. I just loved it and had soo much fun reading it. (I read it in one night!) The sex wasnt mind blowing, but the story carried it. Both the lead characters well along with the rest of the characters meshed well with the story line just made you want to keep reading!
Kim
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have never laughed so much reading a book. Definitely a keeper that I will read over and over again. Will definitely buy each and every book by this author in the furture. Koger's characters are so original and the storylines so compelling that you could loose yourself for hours just reading. Best kind of book.
Brenda Borton
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Koger has done it again! Another awesome book! Her female characters are strong, smart and have a great sense of humor - but I guess you have to if you deal with Alpha males - especially Coletti.

I encourage anyone looking for a great read and laugh out loud moments to make some time and read all the Coletti Warlord books.
Eya
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I'd be a liar if I didn't give this three stars. It may be formulaic and over the top, but it's also hilarious like hell. I went through several laughing fits that had my husband looking at me kind of weird and that alone deserves praise :) Fun read.
Janette Hosein
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book! Just my luck was my fav koger book and was excited to see where she went with her next book. I was disappointed when I realized it was backwards lol but she nailed it. I ended up loving Z and D's story. Loved how she never gave in and constantly kept him on his toes!
Marianne
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just love this series. I started out backwards and read Vexing Voss first but they are all great books with strong, dynamic, funny female leads and hunky, scrumptious alpha males. Combine that with a great storyline and I am a forever fan.
Michelle
Mar 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!! Words cannot describe the awesomeness of Gail Koger's imagination and incredible writing talent. I can't wait for her next book to come out. I couldn't put the book down.

• Taming the Wildcat (Sargosian Chronicles, #1)
  • Tempting Tara (Warriors of Kelon, #2)
  • Marks of Admar (Champions of Terra, #4)
  • PRINCE OF DRAGONS (Orion Series Book 3)
  • Prime Obsession (The Prime Chronicles, #1)
  • Belle Starr
  • The Lion's Woman (Interstellar Visitors)
  • Rage (Galactic Cage Fighters, #1)
  • Utter Domination
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals, #1)
  • Intentional Abduction (Alien Abduction, #2)
  • Invasion Earth (Delroi Connection, #1)
I was a 9-1-1 dispatcher for thirty-one years and to keep insanity at bay, I took up writing. Not to worry. The insanity isn’t catching – much. Other than the addiction to chocolate and the twitch in my left eye, I’m good. My current project is THE TROUBLE WITH TIGERS.. A LOL romp.

WOOT!! I was just informed Sassing Saul and The Trouble With Tigers are on the list for most anticipated new books in

Coletti Warlords (10 books)
  • Just My Luck (Coletti Warlords, #1)
  • Vexing Voss (Coletti Warlords, #3)
  • Reality Bites (Coletti Warlords, #4)
  • Just Desserts (Coletti Warlords, #5)
  • Wulf and the Bounty Hunter (Coletti Warlords, #6)
  • Game on Askole (Coletti Warlords, #7)
  • Crossing Quinn (Coletti Warlords, #8)
  • Hothar's Folly (Coletti Warlords, #9)
  • Sassing Saul (Coletti Warlords, #10)