Start by marking “Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1)

Rebel Belle

(Rebel Belle #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  34,741 ratings  ·  5,336 reviews
Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously
Published April 8th 2014 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Rebel Belle, please sign up.
Kat!e Larson It's similar in a "teenage girl gets paranormal powers and has to save the world while still trying to be a normal teenager" sort of way. And,…moreIt's similar in a "teenage girl gets paranormal powers and has to save the world while still trying to be a normal teenager" sort of way. And, contrary to what the previous responder said, there ARE witches (though they prefer "Mage.") But it's pretty different. It's very character-based, and Harper isn't anything like Buffy.(less)
abby It is a dagger going through a pearl necklace.
YA Novels of 2014
1,545 books — 9,154 voters
The One by Kiera CassIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiA Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia GrayCress by Marissa MeyerCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Best Covers of 2014
990 books — 2,757 voters

More lists with this book...

·  34,741 ratings  ·  5,336 reviews

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Once again, my chest tightened, and there was that weird fluttering sensation that was like butterflies. But it couldn’t be butterflies. I did not have butterflies over David Stark.
25% of the way in, I was sure I would give this book a 4, but I ended up wanting to fling this book at Harper's head. This book may be really, really cute, but overall, it's just an overextended love triangle without much of a plot. Nothing of importance happens in this book.

This was not a bad book by any means. I a
Regan
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super fun and funny read
Emily May
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Girls night in!
And by that, I mean me, this book and the cat, but shh...
(view spoiler)

This book is pure entertainment. Silly, hilarious fun. I've suddenly realised how hard it is to review a book like this because I cannot lay out the details of some amazingly complex plot... or tell you about the deep philosophical journey you will be taken on... or talk about a rich new fantasy world. This book has none of those things. And yet, it is easily one of the most enjoyable books I'v
Katerina
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“I had just killed a teacher.With my shoe.”

Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Hart of Dixie and ancient Greece.Katerina approves.

So,Harper is a perfect southern lady,waiting to be crowned Homecoming Queen,when she finds the school janitor dying in the girls' bathrooms and said janitor passes her some weird mojo by kissing her and her History teacher attacks her and she goes ninja.Not your typical Homecoming night,right?Confused and panicked,Harper finds out that she became a Paladin,a warrior an
Christine Riccio
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS. Here's my full review!: http://youtu.be/kZ-woVqnwkQ
Wendy Darling
Goes down like a cool glass of sweet tea on a hot summer's day. SO much fun! If you love Hex Hall or other lighthearted, funny paranormal books, you'll certainly enjoy this.

Full review, ARC giveaway, and hummingbird cake recipe posted to the blog!

Navessa

4.5 STARS

Well, that was fucking awesome. Er, sorry. I mean, effing awesome. Not sure the MC of this novel would approve of my swearing in a review.

You see, Harper Price is a southern belle, raised on good manners and tradition. Sure, she might be a little vain, and more than a little self-centered, but that doesn’t necessarily make her a bad person. In fact, she has a sort of self-deprecating sense of humor that makes it pretty hard to hate the girl, regardless of her snobbery.

She reminds me a
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I was born and raised in the South. My husband was too, but he’s not a real Southerner—his father is from San Francisco, and his mother is from Michigan. They moved to Georgia from up north a few years before the hubs was born, bringin’ their Northern and West Coast ways with them.

Not that there’s anything wrong with Northern or West Coast ways; they just aren’t Southern.

Still aren’t, b/c even after 30+ years of living in the South, there are times when I’ll say or do som
Ariel
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is, quite frankly, the best book I've read this year! (Not including when I reread one of my favourite books :P)

It's funny (I laughed out loud a number of times), it's heartfelt (I felt so bad for our main character quite a few times), it's adorable (so many cute moments between our love interests!), it's aggravating (WHY?!?!), it's surprising (I didn't see a bunch of those plot twists coming!) and it's exciting (WHAT A RIDE!)!

At the heart of a book like this, when you have a heroine who's
Lia  °on a summer hiatus but don't worry I'll be back°
"When you die in a hundred years, they'll probably write on your gravestone, 'Here Lies Harper Price - Damn It, She Still Had Stuff to Do!”

First of all,
ac339c61653d3a21d5455525b176c55c409f30b1fb2a6e425faf22bec8cf2761.gif
Second,
ac339c61653d3a21d5455525b176c55c409f30b1fb2a6e425faf22bec8cf2761.gif

This book was probably the hugest disappointment I've had since when I was 3 and found out you don't get a candy tree if you plant gummy bears.
I decided to read it because I've been told the main character is both girly and a badass and, in all honesty, I'm soooo done with authors shoving down our throats the same kickass female char
Maureen
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A lot of people raved about this book and recommended it to me, but for some reason I still wasn't expecting much out of this book.
SO GLAD IT SURPRISED ME. It was seriously SO much better than I was expecting.
I loved Harper's voice in this. She wasn't over-the-top southern like in some books i've read *cough*BEAUTIFUL CREATURES*cough* but she was the perfect mixture of sassy and awesome and hilarious and southern.
The story was really original too! I mean there were some typical YA novel cliches
Simona Bartolotta
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Simona by: Mila
I deem it appropriate to start the year with a good laugh, so: welcome 2016. Let's get started.

"I was bringing this by to say sorry for yesterday. To both of you" I added as Saylor moved forward. "You know, for the... the car driving and the recklessness, and the-the grabbing..."
With my free hand I started making this clutching gesture. I was talking about grabbing David's shirt, but it looked like I was milking a cow.
Or worse."

This was racy. And yes, I admit it: I laughed like an idiot. Here an
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book exceeded my expectations! It's such a fun and thrilling ride. If you're interested in hearing more of my thoughts check out my video review here: http://youtu.be/NnE1bM57JK0

Um... I DID NOT SEE THAT PLOT TWIST COMING. I'm going to have to do a book talk for this one! So much to talk about.
Angela
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-favorites
THIS IS COMING FROM A TRUE SOUTHERN GIRL! PLEASE GO READ REBEL BELLE!

This book is the definition of a GNI (girls night in) book! I wanted a good rom com book to read for a lazy night in..... SO I decided on rebel belle to be my date for the evening, so of course I had to set the mood.... I poured myself a glass of sweet tea, lit some pumpkin candles, and threw on a light blanket and got right into reading it..... and lets just say that Rachel Hawkins didn't disappoint me on this book date.
The
Tina Haigler
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
"LOOKING BACK, none of this would have happened if I'd brought lip gloss the night of the Homecoming Dance."

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect when I decided to read this. I read it for the pink cover I needed for the color challenge I was doing. I had heard it was funny but worried it was going to be cheesy. Instead it ended up being a lot of fun.

I started out not caring much for Harper, the main character. She came off as a typical sheltered private school rich kid, vapid and self-centered
Aqsa
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
4 stars.

I loved it! But man, Hex Hall was waaaay better!

THAT COVER IS QUITE FABULOUS. Its like the girly version of Macbeth. (Knife/Crown)
Saniya
Mar 18, 2012 rated it liked it

------
*I need a doctor...*
COVER!
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
“So, Harper Jane Price. Are you ready to accept your destiny?”
I withdrew my hand. “No, thank you.”

On her Homecoming night, soon to be its queen Harper Price experiences very unfortunate encounter in girl's bathroom involving wounded school janitor who kisses Harper before bleeding to death, scimitar wielding history teacher who tries to kill her immediately afterwards and to top of it all Harper experiences a sudden rush of kick-ass powers, which results in Harper killing her teacher with one
Lola
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teenagers, anyone who wants a great/fun reading.
Recommended to Lola by: I saw a lot of my friends reading and enjoying it (myself.)
4 ''Loved it!'' stars

This book was so much fun! A breath of fresh air! I actually read this book while eating popcorn. No kidding. If you're looking for something entertaining and purely enjoyable, I highly recommend you Rebel Belle. It also contains a little bit of creepy and/or strange scenes that are only going to make you want to read more and more of it.

Harper might seem to you, at the beggining of the story, a little too girly and vain, but she's actually not that way. She has her reas
Vanessa J.

Looking back, none of this would have happened if I’d brought lip gloss the night of the Homecoming Dance.

That is the first line of the book. With just that, I already started having bad feels about it. My interest even died with that sinple first line. The ironic thing is... what Harper the perfect Belle says is true: If she hadn't forgotten her goddamned lip-freaking-gloss, there would have been no story.

But really, was there a story? If I remember well, the book started with Harper and her f
Nasom
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Rating: 4.5

Full Review
This book is like legally blonde but instead of the main character, Harper, realizing she’s smart, she realizes she’s got superpowers.

Plot : 17-year-old Harper Price was in school for homecoming, where she was to be crowned queen. She goes to the bathroom to apply some lip gloss (I think) and as she’s in the bathroom, the school’s janitor comes in and before you know it, he passed his powers to her. Apparently, he was something called “Paladin” which Harper is now. Now
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

Who would have thunk you could be at your homecoming and end up taking someone out with the heel spike of your pink shoe..among other things.

All Harper wanted was to get her crown and have a good time with her friends and boyfriend Ryan. But..that wasn't going to happen. Here is a tip, if you forget your lipstick, don't borrow from anyone else and run off to the bathroom to apply... there are weird things that happen in bathrooms. Unless of course you real
Zain Otoom
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Buddy read with Kat!
Oh my god, this was so much fun! Me and Kat should've just picked this book a while ago!
I loved all the characters, I loved the romance; I found it adorably hilarious; and I loved the cool little plot!
Ahhhh!
I loved this book! As if you can't already tell. It's so funny, it's been a while since I laughed this hard while reading a book.
One thing that made me love this book more was how the romance stuff happened. Harper is already in a relationship, and no, there
Kassidy
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*4.5*

I adored this book~

It's a cute, funny, realistic book that packs a huge punch!
This book almost reads like contemporary, but has an underlying fantasy plot.
I really loved the characters. The main character Harper is a southern girl, who is very dedicated to her school, studies, friends, boyfriend, and community. If that isn't enough to handle, she is thrown into the position of the Paladin and discovers a whole magical world she never knew existed.
I really loved reading about Harper and
may ❀

Well. . . after having so many of my lovely goodreads friends encouraging me to read this book, I have finally given into peer pressure!

Rebel Belle is quite an unusual book. Harper Price, our protagonist, is the town’s golden girl: Southern belle, Homecoming Queen, SGA president, and 4.0 GPA student. But what this golden girl doesn’t know is that her life is going to take a drastic detour (and all because she forgot her lipgloss. Ugh, don’t you just hate when that happens?)

I don’t want you t
Rowan
Jan 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Also posted on Rowan Reads and Raves.

You might not know this about me, but I’m actually not a huge girly girl. I don’t really like pink, I don’t wear makeup, I wouldn’t dream of casually wearing heels, and I think beauty pageants are just ridiculous. Instead, I usually rock jeans and a nerdy t-shirt, spend my time reading fantasy books or gaming with my guy friends, and I swear worse than my sixteen year old brother. So just looking at this cover had me a little hesitant, and when I read the sum
Ana
The only reason I did not put this book down after the first 30 pages was that I wanted to be wrong. I wanted my friend to be right in saying that this was the best book she read this year. I wanted to prove that I could like books with this type of cover and content, but I failed. Let's face it I prefer my characters complex and my plot twisty ( If that's a real word).
Jilly
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: y-a, urban-fantasy
The author described this book as a cross between "Legally Blonde" and "The Terminator", and that is a good description. I would have used "Legally Blonde" and "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer" myself, though. This is a seriously fun book!

Our hero is Harper, a proper southern belle. She is an over-achiever and completely in love with herself. At first, she is a little annoying, but once you get to know her better, you end up loving her. It just has that funny, quirky feel when there is this girl in pi
Melannie :)
Mar 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Well, well well.

In the sense of being a little bit decent after the review I am going to give I have rounded up the rating to 3 stars.

So I don't want to say. I didn't like this book because the characters weren't funny enough, and actually, Harper and David as a couple were adorable but I am kind of disappointed still. I know because I've read Hex Hall, Ms. Hawkins first book, and I know how awesome of a story she can provide and this time I just think it fell flat.

The premise of the book isn't
Haadiya // Hiatus
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it

I had just killed a teacher.
With my shoe

I can practically feel myself slowly crawling out of a hole labelled "slump"
After 7 days of not being able to finish a single book I started, I stumbled across Rebel Belle, well more like every where I looked everyone was reading this and I tried to ignore it until I couldn't anymore, and finally, I finshed a book.

This book is about a homecoming-queen turned spiderman, getting all those cool assassin powers, and having to protect a guy

• Winter Falls (Twin Willows, #1)
  • Promise of Shadows
  • The Dark World (Dark World, #1)
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Illusions of Fate
  • House of Ivy & Sorrow
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Buzz Kill
  • All That Glows (All That Glows, #1)
  • Plus One
  • Winterspell (Winterspell, #1)
  • The Art of Wishing (The Art of Wishing, #1)
  • Other Worlds
  • Landry Park (Landry Park, #1)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Spirit and Dust (Goodnight Family #2)
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)

Rebel Belle (3 books)
  • Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle, #2)
  • Lady Renegades (Rebel Belle, #3)
“I picked up the nearest weapon I could lay my hands on: a stapler. I lifted it, going for “menacing.” I admit it lacked a certain elegance, but hey. It was worth a shot. David placed his hand on my arm and pushed it back down.
“What?”
“Just . . . that’s embarrassing for all of us,” he replied.”
165 likes
“Bruce Wayne's parents get killed and he goes to Tibet or whatever, and Superman is an alien, and Spiderman had that radioactive spider. Me? I kissed a janitor in the school bathroom.” 139 likes