Start by marking “Novels by Yasunari Kawabata: The Sound of the Mountain, Snow Country, the Master of Go, the Old Capital, Thousand Cranes” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. Commentary (novels not included).
Published May 25th 2010 by Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Novels by Yasunari Kawabata, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Novels by Yasunari Kawabata

Debaparna
I discovered Japanese literature through this book and The Tale of Genji. This book by Yasunari Kawabata was incredible! I loved his style of writing - contrasting the evanescent beauty of local nature with the states of human mind. I also loved the way he could depict a person's psychology, and as I went through, I often found myself nodding in agreement, because sometimes, that is how I have felt myself in different situations.
I especially liked The Sound of the Mountain. It felt very... kind
Sam Prohaska
Apr 19, 2018
Joao
Sep 17, 2018
Books LLC is a reprint publisher of nonfiction and fiction which is out of copyright. Books LLC is not a licensed reseller or editor of modern, in-copyright novels.

Books LLC also publishes compilations of Wikipedia articles (e.g., Wikipedia articles about books, rather than the books themselves).