Start by marking “Back To The Future” as Want to Read:
Back To The Future

Back To The Future (Back to the Future #1)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  2,152 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Based on a screenplay by Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gule.
HE WAS NEVER IN TIME
FOR HIS CLASSES...

HE WASN'T IN TIME
FOR HIS DINNER...

THEN ONE DAY...

HE WASN'T IN HIS TIME AT ALL.

Both an exciting novel and high-spirited adventure film, BACK TO THE FUTURE is the unforgettable story of a modern time-traveling teenager whose journey to the past risks his very own future when he disco
Published July 1st 1985 by Berkley (first published January 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Back To The Future, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back To The Future

Rebecca McNutt
It's not very often that film novelizations can live up to their silver screen basis, but Back to the Future does a really good job of coming close. It captures the quirky characters, the differing pop culture of two eras, the thrill-ride of time travel and the Eighties atmosphere that the original film conveyed.
~ Lihllith ~
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At some point I'm going to reread this book.

I originally read this book back in high school. In high school I was not what you'd call a voracious reader. In fact, I was quite the opposite.
Of course I was assigned the usual literary lineup of classics, Little Woman, The Scarlet Letter, Lord of the Flies, Fahrenheit 451. Once when watching a movie with a friend I asked her, "Who exactly is Dorian Grey?" She looked at me and said, "Its The Portrait of Dorian Grey." When I kept giving her the blan
Martyn Perry
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Considering that this is one of my favourite movies and a good movie novelisation has been a staple of my book collection over the last 27 years of reading, it's pretty strange how I've never read this before. It wasn't until a good friend bought me the trilogy of BTTF novelisations for my 31st birthday that I knew they even existed. Thanks to this quality gift, I got these books brought to my attention.

As with all movie adaptation books, it's good fun to read and to add a different perspective
MissM
Apr 11, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Wow, this was pretty bad. Very different from the movie. The character's personalities were very strange and off-putting. Doc was much more "normal" and less eccentric and slightly off of reality the way Christopher Lloyd played him. Movie Doc was a real character and not your average run-of-the-mill inventor; you could believe this strange man might have invented a time machine! Book Doc...? Hardly.

Book Marty was, I don't know, kinda bland, a little smarter and much less reactionary. What made
Christian, Kelanth, Scala
Un romanzo che praticamente è un omaggio al film. Sembra la sua sceneggiatura e non sono bene informato, ma probabilmente è la sua trasposizione dovuta all'enorme successo che ha riscosso questo primo titolo di una trilogia del cinema ormai universalmente nota.

La trama credo che sia universalmente nota: Marty, adolescente degli anni ottanta, musicista rock, viene chiamato dal suo amico Doc per assistere a degli esperimenti sul viaggio nel tempo, ma in un parcheggio Doc viene raggiunto da alcuni
Saniya
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Saniya by: Namerah
Shelves: borrowed, favorites
Oh.my.GOD! This book was so AWESOME! =D
Seriously guys, this book might be old but its million times better than the new books which are publishing today.
I remember watching Back to the future movies and I used to adore them. Michael J.Fox was absolutely amazing.
And as soon as I saw this book in my friend's house, I borrowed it.
This book is pretty much like the movie but much more detailed. It was exciting, adventurous and even funny. I loved the author's writing, the story flowed and I read it
Arlind Fazliu
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: screenplays
I feel like what I should say about this movie script is simply what Lorraine says about Marty Mcfly when Biff is chasing him with his "guards" and he's riding a skateboard vehemently, "He is a dream." Well,this screenplay was so good and original it almost reminded me of one of those dreams you remember forever and always wish to see again.
Hasnat Sakin
I didn't read many time travel books. But I can say one thing this series is going to be my favorite.
Michael Hanscom
May 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Okay, but between being based on an earlier revision of the screenplay and rather pedestrian writing, not a great adaptation. Worth the dollar I paid at Goodwill, but not much more.
João Lourenço
An adventure with simple language. the.movie is quite similiar with the book, which is hard to.do
  • Back to the Future, Part 3
  • Conquest of the Planet of the Apes
  • Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (Indiana Jones #1)
  • The Black Hole
  • The Goonies
  • Independence Day: Novelisation
  • Beneath The Planet of The Apes
  • The Wall (Quantum Leap #5)
  • Grease
  • E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in His Adventure on Earth
  • Doctor Who: All-Consuming Fire
  • Battlestar Galactica 3: The Tombs of Kobol (Battlestar Galactica, #3)
  • Terminator 2: Judgment Day
  • Sleepy Hollow: A Novelization (Includes the Classic Short Story)
  • Tron
  • Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History
  • Doctor Who: Tragedy Day
  • X-Men

Back to the Future (3 books)
  • Back to the Future, Part 2