Start by marking “The Lancaster Rule (Lancaster, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lancaster Rule (Lancaster, #1)

The Lancaster Rule

(Lancaster #1)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The world loathes Josie Bettencourt's kind– pod-survivors from the past. When death is certain, an ex-military and friend to the pod-hunters, saves her life. Unfortunately, she is soon arrested and taken straight to the Citadel, the heart of the Lancaster regime where they have ruled tyrannically for over fifty years. Now, young John is in power, hoping to make a change, t ...more
Kindle Edition
Published April 1st 2010 by Champagne Books

To ask other readers questions about The Lancaster Rule, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lancaster Rule

SenoraG
Jun 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
My thoughts:
I started this book with an "I am not so sure" attitude. Science Fiction, Fantasy is not normally my thing. Ms. Toppin explained to me that while the setting is the future the story is really a story of time travel and the characters themselves and she was correct. I very quickly found myself loving the story and wanting to know more. I could so easily imagine myself in Josie's shoes, waking up three hundred years in the future, lost, alone, scared, all family long gone. Ms. Toppin w
Laurel
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
The Lancaster Rule is an interesting glimpse into a near-dystopic future of earth three hundred years from now. Josie Bettencourt, a 21st century girl, is inadvertently put into a deep sleep in a pod that lasts far longer than planned. She wakes up to a society that loathes pod-sleepers, and while still recovering from the malnourishment of her long sleep and therefore weakened, must deal with violence and personal attack.

The Lancaster Rule is a story of survival and love against the odds. TK dr
Cary Caffrey
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
TK shows an awesome talent in her introduction to this amazing and entertaining trilogy. Josie Bettencourt is a wonderful new character; brash, and energetic, and in possession of a really filthy mouth. The premise (Josie wakes up from her slumber in a stasis pod 300 years into the future, only to find herself hunted and on the run), lends itself perfectly to a nifty 'fish-out-of water experience.

The action is fast and visceral, with lots of page-turning suspense. TK really fires on all cylinder
Ashley Barnard
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved the premise of this book, where a woman awakens in a pod 300 years in the future, and I was not disappointed. Ms. Toppin has a rich imagination, and fills the future with wonderful detail, clever inventions, and a believable culture. Her heroine Josie is delightfully feisty, offending everyone around her with her colorful language in a society that frowns on swearing. There's a fun love triangle, political intrigue and truly amazing action sequences. Twists and betrayals will keep reader ...more
June Kramin
Nov 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this novel! I had no idea what to expect - it was a refreshing and awesome new concept. Josie Bettencourt had been asleep in a pod for over 300 years. The world she wakes up to has changed considerably and the fact that pod survivors are hunted doesn’t help. I love the way the romantic element is brought into the story perfectly. And I always have a soft spot for gals with potty mouths! I look forward to the sequel.
Michelle Gilmore
Feb 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I'm not sure if I loved it because its such a meaty story, or because it's the first book in a trilogy that was so well written it could've ended with book 1. Nothing felt incomplete to me. I can't wait to get my hands on the second book. Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!
Patrick
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An action-packed, well-paced story with believable characters and a realistic romance, The Lancaster Rule mixes near-future science fiction with a political thriller to give the reader an amazing ride. Highly recommended! Looking forward to reading the sequel, The Master Key.
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. What more is there to say? I simply loved my time reading it. Very well written and thought out. Great blend of genres. Very impressed. Thanks, T.K.
AnnaM
Oct 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-sfrs, sfr
In our near future, Josie Bettencort's father invents the first stasis pods. For reasons of his own he asks her to test one out for a week. She agrees and wakes up 300+ years in the future to a world in which the more things have changed, the more they stayed the same.

Technology moved on, politics moved on to a degree. People. Not so much. They're still greedy and violent, loyal and backhanded, full of all the familiar quirks except they don't swear. Caught up in a tug-of-war between political f
marz
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interesting concept. Lighter on romance than I expected, but nicely done.
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written and thought out. Great blend of genres. Very impressed.
Nate
Leah Morris
Jan 01, 2012
Sherry
Jun 07, 2017
Science fiction/Speculative fiction writer, touched with a little romance (SFR), some humour, lots of action and adventure.

Author of the Lancaster Trilogy (The Lancaster Rule, The Master Key, and The Eternal Knot), previously published by Champagne Book Group. The first in the trilogy is now available on Kindle.

To Catch A Marlin (series) previously published by Ring of Fire Publishing, released Oc

Lancaster (3 books)
  • The Master Key (Lancaster, #2)
  • Eternal Knot (Lancaster, #3)